Brit accused of murdering Thai woman finally extradited from Spain to 'face justice'

snoop1130

1 minute ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, but please remember the murderer is British and no longer an EU subject, so easy for Spain to extradite!

Yes do remember that this process started long before the UK separated. So i doubt it has anything to do with it. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

All the evidence appears to be circumstantial.

Not really. The DNA and the stones used to weigh the body down (if they can be proven to be linked) are physical, not circumstantial evidence. Also, if there is evidence from the taxi driver, that is testmonial, not circumstantial evidence.

15 types of evidence

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

This is Thailand, foreigners are easy targets to blame.

Right if this was about easy targets why choose someone who has fled and that it brings a lot of work and attention to the Thai police. So this guy certainly was no easy target. Many courts wanted him extradited as they saw enough proof. But he kept appealing. Finally there were no more appeals. So don't forget not just 1 court but many thought it was enough evidence.

Plus your easy target makes no sense in this case as they had to do a lot more work on this one. Easy would have been to let him go. Its not as if the parents of the bar girl had influence. So no pressure on them. Pretty sure that they have good evidence else they would not go through all this trouble for someone without influence or financial gain.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Burma Bill said:

Yes indeed, but please remember the murderer is British and no longer an EU subject, so easy for Spain to extradite!

What has changed since the UK left the E.U( in regards to Spain extraditing people to Thailand) ?

The U.K has had extradition agreements with Thailand for over 100 years .

Is the U.K leaving the E.U relevant to this guys extradition ?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea sure would not be a fellow Brit and one with the same hobby as you your defending. 

The European Court of Human Rights sitting in Strasbourg ruled on May 25 that Looker should be extradited from Spain to face justice in Thailand.

They cited extensive case files submitted by the Royal Thai Police in Bangkok which allegedly proved that Looker was the man who had murdered the Thai woman.

Thai authorities have also reportedly offered assurances required under EU law that Looker will not be mistreated or face the death penalty if found guilty.

Seems the European court who has far more information then you and deemed that there is enough evidence. Nothing fishy with a defendant not wanting to speak hoping that there wont be enough evidence. 

I hope the evidence is solid and this guy gets his punishment.

Yeah you said all that before, presumably you are referring to scuba diving, as if someone would defend someone because they are also Brit and a scuba diver, i guess that's your reality. It all sounds fishy to me, not to all I appreciate but then again some are away with the fairies

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, inThailand said:

There are probably more criminals or future criminals on TV then in the bars? 

we shouldn't be surprised it's Thailand after all, they let anyone in, turns out at least 1 of my friends has been to prison in UK, another guy in a bar had done a stint in prison here

Edited by scubascuba3
  • Confused 1

Lots of posters are condemning this fellow, but I'd be curious to know what evidence there is against him. He left Nana or wherever with her, and she supposedly had his DNA under her fingernails. But surely there should be more, because it's a massive jump from that to cutting someone up and dumping them in a suitcase.

In my younger days, there were periods when at any time of the day or night you could probably have lined up half a dozen bar girls with my DNA about their person somewhere or other. Can't say it ever once crossed my mind to murder any of them through..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sanuk711 said:
5 hours ago, mvdf said:

The EU is notoriously restrictive on extraditions to non-EU countries.

I wonder if the fact that the UK is not EU now had any bearing on that........

Yes, he's a Brit but wasn't he arrested and extradited from Spain which is in the EU?

51 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah you said all that before, presumably you are referring to scuba diving, as if someone would defend someone because they are also Brit and a scuba diver, i guess that's your reality. It all sounds fishy to me, not to all I appreciate but then again some are away with the fairies

I was talking about your other hobby. 

Thankfully the judges in the courts that thought there was sufficient evidence for a trial are better informed and probably not as bias as you are. Anyway lets wait for the trial to see what kind of other evidence there is.

Im pretty sure you will have to reconsider once more evidence comes out. Then again some people will never believe the truth even if it hits them. 

35 minutes ago, retsdon said:

In my younger days, there were periods when at any time of the day or night you could probably have lined up half a dozen bar girls with my DNA about their person somewhere or other. Can't say it ever once crossed my mind to murder any of them through..

Thats why you havent been arrested for murder , but did they find any of your girls dead just after with your DNA under their fingernails ?

9 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Thats why you havent been arrested for murder , but did they find any of your girls dead just after with your DNA under their fingernails ?

How did he leave Thailand if they found DNA under his fingernails? Surely he would have been detained as a suspect until the results came back or at least have his passport confiscated and not allowed to leave the country?

10 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

How did he leave Thailand if they found DNA under his fingernails? Surely he would have been detained as a suspect until the results came back or at least have his passport confiscated and not allowed to leave the country?

No, they found HIS DNA under the deceased girls finger nails and he fled across the border to Malaysia as they were searching for him 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Pretty sure he can be given a death sentence. However, it has been the practise of the courts to commute it to a life sentence afterwards, or it is done when the next Royal Pardon is issued.

If I recall, I did some research on this just a couple years ago after reading about Michael Karas. A career criminal from Canada who came to Thailand using "stolen" ID and shacked up with a local girl for a year. Then one day they had an argument and he "snapped her neck like a twig", after which he mutilated her face (hoping she wouldn't be recognized then dismembered her body and hauled the pieces to a nearby swamp.

I think that was (or used to be) a death penalty sentence in itself (mutilating/dismembering a corpse).

He can't be given the death sentence because they have to agree in advance that prosecutors will not seek the death penalty to get extradition from EU countries and the UK. If prosecutors don't seek it, it won't be imposed. If Thailand reneged on this deal they would give up their rights to extradite people from the EU in capital cases indefinitely. 

Edited by Dogmatix
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't seem any obvious motive, if he had just picked her up.  Either he travelled to Thailand with intent to act out fantasy to murder a hooker, or something happened to make him lose his temper and murder her. Very odd case and very sad for her family who must now be reliving the horror but at least have some chance of justice. 

16 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

He can't be given the death sentence because they have agree in advance that prosecutors will not seek the death penalty to get extradition from EU countries and the UK. If prosecutors don't seek it, it won't be imposed. If Thailand reneged on this deal they would give up their rights to extradite people from the EU in capital cases indefinitely. 

True enough. I was thinking of someone who was caught in Thailand. 
I remember the case of Rakesh Saxena, the Indian that caused the "Asian Flu" banking crisis back in 1997 and the collapse of the Bangkok Bank of Commerce. He couldn't return to India (facing criminal charges there including homicide and extortion) so he did the next best thing any criminal could do. 
He fled to Canada.

And that resulted in the longest extradition process in Canadian history. It took 13 YEARS before Canada was finally able to get rid of him, despite Thailand's assurances that they would not seek the death penalty. Every time a court would rule to extradite him, he'd appeal it to the next higher level, which would throw out the lower court ruling and they'd have to start over again.

And in all that time, he was running around Canada and getting involved in other criminal matters (like trying to finance a coup in Sierra Leone and running a boiler room scam targeting seniors in Canada). As he wasn't charged with a crime in Canada, they couldn't jail him and he agreed to finance his own security (using the money he'd embezzled/stole/defrauded from Thailand). 
(He ended up only being sentenced to 10 years in prison and ordered to pay a $41 million fine. He should be out next year. Wonder if they'll send him back to India.)

Edited by Kerryd

19 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i wonder why he is being "uncooperative" personally this case is very fishy, he allegedly just meets this girl then kills and dismembers her, what's the motive? most likely a jealous ex boyfriend involved

My thoughts exactly... Like I would believe the facts presented by Thais? 5555555

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Dogmatix said:

Doesn't seem any obvious motive, if he had just picked her up.  Either he travelled to Thailand with intent to act out fantasy to murder a hooker, or something happened to make him lose his temper and murder her. Very odd case and very sad for her family who must now be reliving the horror but at least have some chance of justice. 

yeah lost his temper killed her and dismembered her, kinda thing you do when you lose your temper, with a temper like that he must have killed loads already 555