Thailand approves self-tests, self-isolation as COVID-19 cases climb

webfact

6 hours ago, brucec64 said:

This is a very positive development. There are positive cases in my building, but a lot of the foreigners don't want to test if they have no symptoms, because that currently involves a hospital stay. And some insurance won't always cover the case where you got tested with no symptoms - they require that a doctor ordered the test based on symptoms, and then the patient was admitted to the hospital based on the positive test. So, maybe this will stop asymptomatic cases from walking around spreading the virus if they can test at home and isolate at home.

I think that they've already changed the rules so that if you test positive but are asymptomatic, you can self-isolate at home.

9 hours ago, RayD said:

Good news for me. My biggest fear was getting a positive test and being forced to isolate with a bunch of sick people.

you are assuming that foreigners will be treated the same way as Thais.......

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

So.. I’m not sure what point you are trying to make - what does your ‘critical mindset’ tell you about excess deaths ????

there haven't been any 'excess deaths' despite all the posturing to the contrary by the media and the governments!

are you afraid today? why weren't you afraid in the winters of the late 90s which saw EVEN more deaths that this 'deadly virus'? maybe you weren't in the UK?

someone once said 'the only thing to fear is fear itself', ah yes Mr Roosevelt ????

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, internationalism said:

that is 100% profit

Go to any company annual report, and profit % is defined as profit/revenue. 

It's a 100% markup.  Not 100% profit.

Edited by impulse

35 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Tests are 40 pounds in the UK

They've been free since April, at least in England, although there is talk that they may charge in the future

Covid: Tests to be offered twice-weekly to all in England

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-56632084

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/regular-rapid-coronavirus-tests-if-you-do-not-have-symptoms/

Edited by Bkk Brian

12 hours ago, Pootegg said:

.. and in the UK free delivered to your door at the moment.. I suspect they will become chargeable soon ...

They are currently free in the Netherlands but you have to go to a test location.

On 7/13/2021 at 3:22 PM, internationalism said:

yesterday those tests were estimated to sell 300-400b.Now below 100b.

But in europe supermarkets they are 30-40b.

Who and how much is making on them?

You've been here long enough to have an educated guess on that one!