Thailand bans talking on trains as precaution against COVID-19

snoop1130

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image; make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set. You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to the outer limits.

hqdefault.jpg.fe3a9d512b35049449f9e8c84ed93af9.jpg

Welcome to Clown World.

• Haha 1

__Capture.jpg.d72111623dd536588e8cc4f3f93a9e46.jpg

I actually did mis-read the headline and though I saw this for a moment!
But, with the way things are in Thailand right now, it's as believable as any of the other headlines I'm seeing.

Edited by robsamui
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, kimamey said:

When they say don't talk on the telephone I'm assuming they mean public telephones where the virus could spread. They can't mean they think talking on a smartphone will spread it or that they think they'd be able to prevent it anyway.

As stupid as this government is it wouldn't surprise me 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Especially Thais! Probably the most loquacious race I've ever meet, especially the women.

I was swimming at my pool on Monday and another resident was sitting on the decking area about 6 metres from the water's edge. I swam my 1200m and he was on the 'phone from beginning to end, (which takes me 35 minutes). When I say "he was on the 'phone", let me clarify, he was the one talking on the 'phone. I'm not sure how it is possible to talk one way for that long. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

You must live in the same crazy universe as the clowns who came up with that nonsense.

No talking on trains, so a persons phone rings, they going to answer it or not? Answer it obviously, conductor comes round to check tickets, he is going to do it silently? No way.

This is yet another stupid knee jerk reaction, that has failed before it has even started.

True! And I remember what they told me, we actually have smarter dogs in Europe than the government in Thailand… Poor Thai people!

Now they standing outside the gate here, “bom bom me, only 300 Baht”, it’s how mama teaches them how to make money? Oh my Buddha!

Edited by The retired guy
  • Like 2

Well that announcement tells me we are in the hands of people whose logical mindset has gone completely plus a complete mis-understanding of how a virus is passed. I told my friends in the UK, they are still rolling about on the floor laughing saying Thailand has completely lost the plot. 

Edited by Nicholas Paul KNIGHT
spelling
  • Like 1

It’s obvious who dropped the ball on Covid but the blames keeps getting deflected to the people, for breathing, eating, trying to work, trying to exercise, trying to survive. How about somebody in authority organizing vaccines (that work) for everybody like many other countries are doing! Before you know it all people living in Thailand will be told to stay home, not go out and save the country that the leaders have failed to save????

• Like 1

Just now, Nicholas Paul KNIGHT said:

Well that announcement tells me we are in the hands of people whose logical mindset has gone completely plus a complete mis-understanding of how a virus is passed. I told my friends in the UK, they are still rolling about on the floor laughing saying Thailand has completely lost the plot. 

Makes more sense than being at a football stadium followed by alcohol fueled punch ups, will be interesting to see the latest covid numbers in the UK next week, just around 'freedom day'

10 minutes ago, Uroller said:

It’s obvious who dropped the ball on Covid but the blames keeps getting deflected to the people, for breathing, eating, trying to work, trying to exercise, trying to survive. How about somebody in authority organizing vaccines (that work) for everybody like many other countries are doing! Before you know it all people living in Thailand will be told to stay home, not go out and save the country that the leaders have failed to save????

save it from what once covid finishes more people will die on the roads in one month than all of covid...

18 hours ago, a3tsw said:

Thailand’s Department of Rail Transport (DRT) has requested that passengers no longer talk on trains in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

As well as wearing face masks and making sure they socially distance, passengers should not talk to one another or on the telephone, the DRT chief Kittiphan Panchan said 

Think Different.

almost beyond comprehension... they used to say in the soviet union that pravda could and would say anything they wanted to regardless of whether the people believed them or not because it was all about humuliating them by their inability to do anything about it. i see the same thing happening in the mainstream media around the world.

Edited by tlandtday
  • Haha 1