Thailand bans talking on trains as precaution against COVID-19

snoop1130

This came as quite a surprise to me, I mean "talking on trains" or anywhere for that matter Have a good look around you, in eating places, on public transport, waiting for the shops to open and just about any part of any day doing anything, staff that are supposed to be working but they are hiding in the stores merchandise, even during funeral services, and just what are all these people doing? need I say, no I don't think so, anyone with eyes and half a brain knows exactly what I'm talking about. Except of course the authorities that want to ban talking, it's so pathetic I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Huckenfell said:

I would be afraid to eat any food on an aircraft flying out of India.

I would be fully focussed on flying the aircraft.......no pilot can manage without my full concentration (from economy) during a flight.

• Haha 2

There's been several studies showing airborne particles spread more effectively when people are talking.  And shouting or singing is even more effective.

The BTS had a 'refrain from speaking' message months ago.

It's also the reason for limits on meeting room occupancy, working from home etc.

We all need to make changes to our behaviour to enable the economy to restart.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Won't be long before anyone is not allowed to speak to each other at home; on Social Media, Emails, etc etc as then there can be no freedom of speech whatsoever, exactly what the Junta want !

How stupid is this new rule. How or do their brains work ? Who knows !

29 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Many, many people do not seem to have been taught this (in the UK)........however, they really should cough/sneeze into the crook of their elbow to help stop spreading diseases.

Technically, yes you are correct. I think when that song came out it may not have been a 'best practice'. I always new this, but admittedly I don't do it, so thanks for the reminder. 

10 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Felt guilty as I wrote that.......I still tend to use my hands automatically and then think....oh dear, not good!!!!

I like things that are logical and it makes total sense that one should sneeze or cough into the inside of one's elbow. After all, who touches anything with that part of their body? I just realized that I don't do this hardly ever, so your point is well-taken.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, samtam said:

I was swimming at my pool on Monday and another resident was sitting on the decking area about 6 metres from the water's edge. I swam my 1200m and he was on the 'phone from beginning to end, (which takes me 35 minutes). When I say "he was on the 'phone", let me clarify, he was the one talking on the 'phone. I'm not sure how it is possible to talk one way for that long. 

Your experience is no record. My Thai GF met a friend she had not seen for a couple of months at Maya shopping mall in Chiang Mai. She asked me to go away, have coffee, have lunch, whatever. They talked for six hours.

Back on topic, free chlorine is not only in a pool, it is in the atmosphere above the pool. When you are breathing while you swim, you are also breathing a miniscule concentration of disinfectant. It's probably enough to knock over any virus aerosol in the vicinity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Won't be long before anyone is not allowed to speak to each other at home; on Social Media, Emails, etc etc as then there can be no freedom of speech whatsoever, exactly what the Junta want !

They will have to carry pen and paper, to order food from the vendors getting on and off at every stop. 

Forget about the trains spreading covid, just sit silently, write your orders clearly, and if you or the vendors can't read or write, you must use sign language, or just point to what you want. 

Solved. 

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Your experience is no record. My Thai GF met a friend she had not seen for a couple of months at Maya shopping mall in Chiang Mai. She asked me to go away, have coffee, have lunch, whatever. They talked for six hours.

Back on topic, free chlorine is not only in a pool, it is in the atmosphere above the pool. When you are breathing while you swim, you are also breathing a miniscule concentration of disinfectant. It's probably enough to knock over any virus aerosol in the vicinity.

That's quite good, my wife talks on the cell phone almost 24 seven 

• Haha 1