Thailand bans talking on trains as precaution against COVID-19

snoop1130

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

He refers to us common oiks as 'chatter' apparently ...........just background noise.

What is meant by the chattering classes?
disparaging. : people who talk and write a lot about current political and social matters regarded collectively especially as constituting an elitist class whose comments deserve to be dismissed or ignored I have to be who I am, not who the chattering class thinks I am.—
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, samtam said:

I was swimming at my pool on Monday and another resident was sitting on the decking area about 6 metres from the water's edge. I swam my 1200m and he was on the 'phone from beginning to end, (which takes me 35 minutes). When I say "he was on the 'phone", let me clarify, he was the one talking on the 'phone. I'm not sure how it is possible to talk one way for that long. 

I am sure the morons (no shortage) in my condo save up their phone calls so they can make them all at the pool.........ooo look at me................I do not want to listen other peoples phone calls.......especially when they put the phone on speaker!!!!!

21 hours ago, cyril sneer said:

jokes aside, it probably started in 2010 and took China 9 years to admit it

Watch the movie “contagion”, an American made movie that was made in 2011, this is an exact replica of how Covid-19 started and travelled and became a pandemic throughout the world, even down to where it first started and symptoms, etc. it’s just as if someone went back from 2020/21 to 2011 to make the movie. Everything is in that movie that is happening exactly as it is worldwide today. How? I have no idea but it’s as if someone wrote out the script for it all those years ago…

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Works for me.

There's no sanitizing on the train.Never seen anyone wipe down hand rails ,door nobs disinfecting the foor. No temperature check before getting on the train, no sanitizer available before you get on the train and every body gets hold of the hand rails to help get on the train.

• Thanks 2

22 hours ago, johng said:

Ha ha well spotted  but I think this could be a new variant   of train virus only spread via talking.

Well talking to each other with out a mask on and not keeping your distance is a sure way to spread the virus if one of the them has the virus . Spite.

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

You must live in the same crazy universe as the clowns who came up with that nonsense.

No talking on trains, so a persons phone rings, they going to answer it or not? Answer it obviously, conductor comes round to check tickets, he is going to do it silently? No way.

This is yet another stupid knee jerk reaction, that has failed before it has even started.

...not worth replying to.

21 hours ago, kotsak said:

I haven't seen anyone here being able to shut their piehole for more than a minute (unless sleeping), so good luck with that..

Well I have found the secret to stopping my wife from moaning all the time. She didn't speak a single word to me in English or Thai in over a week! Silence is golden.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Thujone said:

Only into the crook of your elbow.

Dont laugh.

In Australia they are doing tests at sewerage plants in a desperate attempt to find cases.

Im sure we will soon hearing about

strain F being passed with...

err, passing wind.

23 hours ago, colinneil said:

Surely some kind of joke banning talking on trains, crazy or what.

Unfortunately  not .. They have spent 12 months and billions of THB to do this .. It only took me 2 seconds to pee myself laughing 5555555555555555

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Are there public telephones on trains ?  

I've never been on one so I don't know but I would doubt it.  I was thinking more of in the station. It's still unlikely it would get much use though. 

3 hours ago, Falcon said:

Watch the movie “contagion”, an American made movie that was made in 2011, this is an exact replica of how Covid-19 started and travelled and became a pandemic throughout the world, even down to where it first started and symptoms, etc. it’s just as if someone went back from 2020/21 to 2011 to make the movie. Everything is in that movie that is happening exactly as it is worldwide today. How? I have no idea but it’s as if someone wrote out the script for it all those years ago…

I've not seen it. Is there a happy ending?

I'd put a smiling emoji but they don't seem to be working for me at the moment. 

On 7/13/2021 at 11:09 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

The recorded message played every few minutes on the BTS Skytrain asks passengers to refrain from talking.  It's been playing for months.  Of course, everyone abides by it!

by the way..  how is the social distancing on the skytrain these days? Is that going well?

• Sad 1

On 7/13/2021 at 10:50 AM, richard_smith237 said:

Brilliant.....    with all hassles going on around us I’m glad there are some government departments who still have a great sense of humour.... 

Seriously though....  this stuff just makes you shake your head - the minds in of those charge are truly juvenile.

Some of the younger folk must be sitting in these meetings thinking ‘this guy (the boss) has truly lost his marbles’ yet is unable to speak up against the utter embarrassing stupidity because of Kraieng-jai !!! 

How do you know that it is not the younger folk who are insisting on this. My impression is that the young professionals are more concerned than the older generation

On 7/13/2021 at 11:59 AM, worgeordie said:

Hand signing it is then .....

regards worgeordie

So deaf people and those of us from the Mill towns of Lancashire and Yorkshire (who developed sign a sign language because it was too noisy to hear anything in the Mills) have a distinct advantage in the the 'new normal'

• Haha 1

On 7/13/2021 at 1:09 PM, NCC1701A said:

what if you expose yourself?

What? Take your mask off? I don't believe in imprisonment but there are special psychiatric clinics that can help control such disgusting urges. Go to one now before the feeling becomes a deed.

Edited by RobU

8 hours ago, Isaan sailor said:

So it’s still OK to break wind onboard, right?

You shouldn't break anything on trains. Vandalism of any sort is not OK and never has been. Someone will have to repair it and the cost just causes train fares to increase

3 hours ago, pookondee said:

Dont laugh.

In Australia they are doing tests at sewerage plants in a desperate attempt to find cases.

Im sure we will soon hearing about

strain F being passed with...

err, passing wind.

Been doing it in the UK for the past year it's to check the concentration of Coronavirus in the sewage because it is excreted by those infected. It gives an indication of which areas are the most infected and the rate of rise/fall of infection in those areas. There is no way to find individual cases