Thailand bans talking on trains as precaution against COVID-19

snoop1130

15 hours ago, colinneil said:

Surely some kind of joke banning talking on trains, crazy or what.

...its about reducing the transmissibility of the Sars Covi-2 virus...nothing about les majestes.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Department of Rail Transport (DRT) has requested that passengers no longer talk on trains in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

Get them off the phones, no talking.... now I know it's out of control.

• Like 1

I'd like to know exactly how many people have been infected by talking on trains? If not talk on trains, why can you talk on flights, buses, drives etc etc? The country is going backwards....not too long before we hit the buffers.

when I first came here I used to think please do not ask that woman a question, the loud voice and non stop talking used to hurt my ears but I used to women talking that way now, I can completely ignore it now until someone says what she talking about

MADNESS!!

"Rail services which normally operate between 9pm and 4am will also be reduced,"

This will just vastly REDUCE social distancing and crown people closer together. What is the reasoning here? (Oh - sorry, stupid me)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, EricTh said:

I agree with the restriction. Most people just don't know how virus and bacteria spread. It's through your mouth and the nose via mucus or droplets.

I even see some dumb people smoking ciggy inside indoor restaurants and the virus spread faster through the smoke.

I thought wearing of masks was compulsory? They at least limit  some of the droplet spray.

I wonder how often though people change those silly disposable masks, which are generally saturated with moisture after a fairly short length of time.

Amazing Thailand

Edited by RJRS1301

16 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

You would have thought so wouldn't you?

I expect that the head honcho was so desperate to have his 5 minutes on the telly that it went rather like this:

Best tightest uniform pressed - check.

Big bouquet of yellow flowers fixed to front of podium - check.

Vinyl backdrop up and correctly lit - check.

Press and cameras ready to roll - check.

OK guys let's do it. Now, what am I going to say? Oh never mind, the first load of intimate spherical male appendages that comes into my head!

You just forgot the eternal finger pointing. 55555

14 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I ride the BTS regularly in BKK, and these days, nobody is much talking while riding the train (as per their rules). I'm sure there are exceptions from time to time, but not common at all, in my experience.

I never talked before, why should I start now ??? 

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Won't be long before anyone is not allowed to speak to each other at home; on Social Media, Emails, etc etc as then there can be no freedom of speech whatsoever, exactly what the Junta want !

I hope they ban farting in public too 555

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thailand’s Department of Rail Transport (DRT) has requested that passengers no longer talk on trains in order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.

all based on peer-reviewed scientific studies ! 555 ????

and btw.: surgical masks are also effective- it’s true ! 555 ???? ????

(all those Corona-deniers with their size comparisons between viruses and PM2.5 and studies from aerosol scientists are just: wrong ! )

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, kimamey said:

When they say don't talk on the telephone I'm assuming they mean public telephones where the virus could spread. They can't mean they think talking on a smartphone will spread it or that they think they'd be able to prevent it anyway.

Are there public telephones on trains ?  

16 hours ago, sungod said:

People no longer talk to each other anyway, just locked to the screen of their phones.

Very true, SunGod. Verbal socialization skills have gone right out the window. 

IT'S NOT ONLY A YOUTH THING, EITHER

The biggest surprise of all is how so many older people have chosen the virtual world over the real one. Seriously, you can't sit with a coffin dodger for more than 30 seconds before their heads are buried into the tiny screen of a smartphone.

THE NEW ENGLISH

As for the UK, well… all you have to do now to become fluent in English is master these three things:

One: Start every single sentence with the word SO…  

Two: Say the word ABSOLUTELY every second sentence.

Three: Lastly—and by far the most challenging in the new world of non-communication—is to uttering the 7-word phrase: "At the end of the day…" no matter what you're half-talking about.

Give it another 5 years, and the whole world will be communicating by sign language ON FACE TIME. Maybe it will be the lack of mouth movement and shallow breathing that sees the real end to COVID and other respiratory viruses.

Stubby

• Haha 1