New Water and Electricity Discounts July and August

Mickeymaus

38 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Our power bill will be about 700 units this month, Feb was exactly 500 so we are looking at a 100 unit discount, around 450 Baht.

Worth having ???? 

It will make many people happy. But they should understand it correctly. It is not the whole month but only until the meter reading date of this month. So perhaps a good idea to reduce the consumption after this date again...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Peterphuket said:

I was expecting with all your solar cells on the roof, you don't have to pay anything.

Nah, we manage better than 50% of total consumption from solar but we swallow on average a total of 40-60 units per day (depending upon how many people we have staying).

Just got the latest bill, 769 units on the meter, billed for 635.

Feb was exactly 500 units so 769-500 = 269 x 50% = 134.5 evidently they don't work in half units.

• Like 2

... only 1 main counter for 3 cribs so we get definitely over the 500 unit mark, but the cost per unit is down to 3.16 ... without the reduction it would rather be at 4.30 at that total usage.

Boils down to roughly minus 26%.

10 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

time to move away from apartments, condos are cheap now and electricity will be govt rate so at least half apartments

Not necessarily cheaper if your landlord is forcing you to sign a 6 month to 1 year lease and wants 3 months deposit which majority do in compare to an apartment doing a 1 month contract and 1 month deposit as there is pros and cons in which way you look at it.

• Confused 1

Just now, Russell17au said:

electricity bill for a double shop arrived yesterday, 1 shop is a massage shop with 2 air-cons and opens at 9:00 and closes at 19:00 6 days per week and the other shop is a hairdresser with a young daughter and 1 air-con but lives there full time.

These figures are for the total electric bill for the 2 shops together.

consumption up from 521 units last month to 654 units = 133 unit increase

bill down from 2178.69 last month to 1950.32 = 288.37

Well I don't understand it.

Last month we used 494 units (discount 665.7),,, with discount it came to 1343.05thb

This bill (on 16th) used 483 units ... no discount and it came to 2005.11 

I thought if you kept under 500unit you got the discount ... maybe you had to use more than last month ...

1 hour ago, nightfox said:

Not necessarily cheaper if your landlord is forcing you to sign a 6 month to 1 year lease and wants 3 months deposit which majority do in compare to an apartment doing a 1 month contract and 1 month deposit as there is pros and cons in which way you look at it.

Often landlord will try for 2 months deposit, you just say no and find a place with 1 month deposit. I know when I stayed in an apartment it was a 6 month contract to get a lower rate, same as a condo. 8 baht for electricity is pure greed now days

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Well I don't understand it.

Last month we used 494 units (discount 665.7),,, with discount it came to 1343.05thb

This bill (on 16th) used 483 units ... no discount and it came to 2005.11 

I thought if you kept under 500unit you got the discount ... maybe you had to use more than last month ...

What's your difference in consumption with your February bill? February is the new reference point.

Use more than Feb. and you get the discount, use less or the same pay for the billed units.

The discount requirements are quite clear and are (apart from the reference month) no different from the previous systems.

You said ...The discount requirements are quite clear and are (apart from the reference month) no different from the previous systems.

This is my error then as I didn't realise the reference month had changed. I made an effort to duplicate what the usage was last month and came within a few units (483 this month) and expected another rebate of around 660 thb. So now we have to have several days on ข้าวราดน้ำปลา

I used more gasoline and less battery on the car to keep under 500units. So back to all electric running whenever possible from now on  ****  ............

MEASNIP2.JPG.cb7451caf2e5310807d0b8726b976fb6.JPG

@JAS21 Yeah, the new reference month being February has certainly messed you up. It pays to read the detail ???? 

I've said many times that the method of determining the discount is unfair, but we have what we have ???? 

We got no discount whatever last month due to lower usage than the April reference, but got 134 units off this month.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@JAS21 Yeah, the new reference month being February has certainly messed you up. It pays to read the detail ???? 

I've said many times that the method of determining the discount is unfair, but we have what we have ???? 

We got no discount whatever last month due to lower usage than the April reference, but got 134 units off this month.

Certainly does… well pointed out Crossy. Very unfortunately my meter is read on 16th  of each month.

So From when this topic was started I really had a little over a day to clock up another 37 units. 

Even if I had seen the article in the newspaper I would’ve needed to open all the doors and windows and run all the air-conditioning units, also  to drive the car,  come back home, charge the car, drive the car,come back home. etc

<deleted> that … we are not that desperate for 600thb.

On 7/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, Crossy said:

Discounts are on a similar basis to the last ones as detailed in the earlier thread 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1217732-discount-on-pea-power-bill-got-one

but based on your February usage.

Just got our bill, february usage 122 units, so our discount this month was 122 units, bill 44 4.93

Instead of over 800, happy about that.

Photo, no Crossy no chance.????????

• Haha 1

electric bills from government have been great lately, bills sent direct

not sure how much the water has reduced but the c*&%s at my condo are still charging a flat rate and profiting from it. 

never thought i'd see my water bill more expensive than electric

Edited by cyril sneer

On 7/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, nightfox said:
On 7/19/2021 at 5:17 PM, scubascuba3 said:

time to move away from apartments, condos are cheap now and electricity will be govt rate so at least half apartments

You have to pay your rent anyway, wherever you live and your deposit is refundable  so getting a proper, legal electricity bill is much cheaper than being ripped of in an apartment.

Bill arrived couple of days back. Our Feb consumption was 1,007 units with July being 1,126 units. So the discount worked out at 30% of 119 units = 36 units. That equated to a reduction of 167 baht.

Oh well, it was the thought that counted!!

15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You have to pay your rent anyway, wherever you live and your deposit is refundable  so getting a proper, legal electricity bill is much cheaper than being ripped of in an apartment.

That may be the case if you plans are long term but you miss the point where most condo landlords especially in Bangkok wont rent to you without signing a minimum 6-12 month lease and wanting 2 months deposit with 1 month advance where a short term apartment will charge you higher electric but will accept 1 month contract with 1 month deposit.

• Haha 1