Thailand considering limits on AstraZeneca vaccine exports

webfact

16 minutes ago, shdmn said:

India did exactly the same thing and they have since signed up for technology transfer with other vaccine manufactures like Novavax and Sputnik.  So what you are saying didn't happen there and it won't happen in Thailand either..

We'll see about that in due course

• Sad 1

Ok lets say your home is full of many family,and freinds that are getting sick and dyeing from a virus. The supply of vaccines you have to control and save the lives of your household is limited at the time and barely enough. Do you think it is a good idea to sell some of your limited supply of vaccines to the outside world?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, shdmn said:

I think every AZ & JnJ factory in the world has production problems.  From what I have read it's really hard growing human cell culture and the exact recipe varies from factory to factory.  Each batch takes about 8 weeks so they can only tweak the process every 8 weeks.  So it takes a long time to increase production. 

The mRNA vaccines don't have that problem because they don't use human cell culture and it only takes them about 2 days to make a batch.  So they have been able to ramp up a lot faster.

Not exactly true; not exactly untrue.  

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/verify/verify-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-contains-no-fetal-fragments/507-3948f81c-aa5b-4046-a629-3e1e5a4b6dbb

• Thanks 1

Seems like a good idea to me, I would assume its been discussed at length this last month with AZ and the "local partner" and they have said you need to put into place some legislation that covers our behinds with the other customers who have ordered or are ordering now in front of you.

I am wondering why we don't see any news about expansion of facilities as production is obviously not meeting demand anywhere. IMHO the governments (everywhere) should be building facilities for AZ. JJ. etc and the like, it's surely the cheapest option right now rather than waiting and seeing economic disaster continuing. .

Edited by Whale
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Whale said:

Seems like a good idea to me, I would assume its been discussed at length this last month with AZ and the "local partner" and they have said you need to put into place some legislation that covers our behinds with the other customers who have ordered or are ordering now in front of you.

I am wondering why we don't see any news about expansion of facilities as production is obviously not meeting demand anywhere. IMHO the governments (everywhere) should be building facilities for AZ. JJ. etc and the like, it's surely the cheapest option right now rather than waiting and seeing economic disaster continuing. .

To manufacture AZ vaccine needs ingredients from other countries so if Thailand decides to restrict exports other countries may restrict vital components. Unfortunately Thailand was late in realising importance of vaccines owing initial low infections rates. Every effort should be made to increase production as it is essential entire population vaccinated in order to control the viras avoiding the Chinese vaccines if they are not effective. China is being very quiet so wonder how they are now experiencing the Pandemic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

Ok lets say your home is full of many family,and freinds that are getting sick and dyeing from a virus. The supply of vaccines you have to control and save the lives of your household is limited at the time and barely enough. Do you think it is a good idea to sell some of your limited supply of vaccines to the outside world?

For those who put money above everything, yes it's a brilliant idea.  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kiteman9 said:

In Thailand's case, I think it would depend on the price offered.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

Oh the irony, Thailand actually manufacture the AZ vaccine and send overseas while thousands of it own people are dying like flies, that is very hard to comprehend...

I've been for a man four Times but ,run out of vaccine .Ring use every week.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, mrwebb8825 said:

if you may recall some several years ago discussions about the over population of the planet but the biggest concern was how to "Cull" the unnecessary, the old and the poor? Well...

Very true; how many state pensions have the UK Gov saved by letting Covid ravage through care homes?  Here vaccinating foreigners is frowned upon & many obstacles are thrown up.  Sending vaccines abroad begs the question are there no aliens in Vietnam etc?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Oh the irony, Thailand actually manufacture the AZ vaccine and send overseas while thousands of it own people are dying like flies, that is very hard to comprehend...

It may come as a surprise but the vaccine will do little to reduce the "thousands of it own people are dying like flies", primarily RTA.

Here they are, talking about exporting the home made vaccine to other countries when there are millions of us still waiting our first shot!

They took a gamble on not importing any vaccines in the expectation that the domestic version would be ready and fit for purpose. You can't gamble with people's health and welfare.

Shameful.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Scott said:

I posted the link with the info including the scientific name of exactly what they are using.  Go argue with them about it.  You seem to be confusing fetal cell culture with fetal cells.  It's a cultured product about 1000x removed from fetal cells.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HEK_293_cells

Edited by shdmn