Thailand’s continued efforts to bring in vaccines

snoop1130

vaccine-procurement_web.png

Since last October Ministry for Foreign Affairs has held consultations with allies and friends to ensure that they will be able to provide vaccines if need be, according to the spokesperson, Tanee Sangrat.

In the press conference on Thursday, he said that Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Don Pramudwinai has been in touch with China, the US, Japan, Russia, South Korea, Switzerland to secure shipments of their vaccines through the past year.

Last October, Don held talks with his Chinese counterpart Wang Yi about the bilateral plan to fight the Covid-19. Both sides discussed vaccine cooperation and procurement. As a result, in April Thailand was the first country in ASEAN to purchase commercially Sinovac, the Chinese-made vaccines. Up til now, Thailand has imported a total of 10 million doses together with 1.5 million doses donated by China.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thailands-continued-efforts-to-bring-in-vaccines/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

'According to Minister of Public Health, Anutin Charnvirakul, the US has decided to donate 1.5 million doses of Pfizers to Thailand. The delivery has been delayed due to technical reasons. Both sides are now finalizing the deal.'

So nothing is coming yet?

Should have been done a long time ago, did you lose their phone number ?

Do they realise that announcing 20 times (and then some!) that the US is donating 1.5 million doses doesn't make it 30 million doses?  Seems to be a trend here, repeatedly announce the same 'intent to order' time and time again to create the impression they are doing way more than they really are.

• Like 2

I see lots of announcements about various parts of the government being "instructed" to order vaccines.  I see precious few about contracts with established delivery dates being actually signed and fewer yet about vaccines actually arriving.  Trust Me - The Check Is In The Mail. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Since last October Ministry for Foreign Affairs has held consultations with allies and friends to ensure that they will be able to provide vaccines if need be  [I added emphasis]

Hey!!! The need be!

• Like 2

Correct title would be "... efforts to keep out vaccines".

Thailand produces its own Astra.

Other than this,  you can freely import any vaccine as long as the name is Sinovac (partly owned by CP).

Other vaccines are not welcome. 

Edited by Lorry

I received an email from the US embassy 8:27 this morning, informing me that US citizens could enroll for an AZ jab. I wasn't aware of it until 9:05. I went to enroll and got this. I hope the embassy realizes there is a huge need for AZ jabs by the obvious interest.

too late.jpg