Pattaya presses ahead with plan to reopen to foreign tourists from September - targeting large numbers

webfact

1 minute ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

Entertainment choices ??? Hotels yes but entertainment is a bit slow at the moment and won't be much better in the near future(let's say the near future means the next 6 months)

With Chonburi now a dark red zone, expect what little of businesses that have survived to call it a day

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/17/2021 at 10:52 AM, webfact said:

Chonburi tourism business association president and local councillor Thanet Supharothatrangsi said that there was still two months to go and they needed to press ahead.

I guess they have to make future plans, but the way it's going and the infection rate in Chonburi it's very optimistic to say the least.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, fulhamster said:

Have tried numerous times to register for a vaccine and always been told "Thais only"

Other option is to pay (!!) up front at private hospitals that have no idea which vaccine they will have or when,

So insisting that tourists are double vax is pointless if most expat residents can't get near a vaccine registration list.

Still openings here for August jabs if you can go to Bangkok. Brand will be either AstraZeneca or Sinovac. 

https://www.medparkhospital.com/en/page/covid19-vaccine-expats

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mikebell said:

Pie-in-the-Skyland.  New record deaths/daily Covid cases.  No vaccines for locals.  UK puts Thailand on Red List and these duckheads are expecting million!

And, somehow cramming them into just 2000 available ALQ hotel rooms for all of Chonburi and Sattahip.

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2021 at 11:07 AM, ezzra said:

A move in the right direction... this will work better because many would be tourists love Pattaya , i for one will prefer to go to Pattaya than to fly to Phuket, as Pattaya offers a lot more hotel and entertainments choices then any other destinations in Thailand...

sorry mate have you been there recently..change to Had hotels Had entertainment..to has Nothing   ghost town  sad sad place 

• Sad 1

They should make more work for give vaccination to there own people first, my wife registrated already 3 times and every time she went it was : sorry no have vaccins !! and this in one of the riches countries in the world, unbelievable.

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think you're correct. However I think there is some evidence that fully vaccinated people are less infectious if infected than unvaccinated.

Other than the clear fact they do not cough and sneeze as much, I would like to see some analysis on that. I understand that a vaccinated person, when infected, has the antibodies that neutralize the  infection and defeat it more quickly.  I fear it is possible for them to be a conduit for transmission, albeit for a lesser time.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Other than the clear fact they do not cough and sneeze as much, I would like to see some analysis on that. I understand that a vaccinated person, when infected, has the antibodies that neutralize the  infection and defeat it more quickly.  I fear it is possible for them to be a conduit for transmission, albeit for a lesser time.

I think a smaller viral load. The virus is airborne. Droplets are not required. Breathing and talking suffice.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 11:07 AM, ezzra said:

A move in the right direction... this will work better because many would be tourists love Pattaya , i for one will prefer to go to Pattaya than to fly to Phuket, as Pattaya offers a lot more hotel and entertainments choices then any other destinations in Thailand...

....except Bangkok!

• Confused 1

On 7/17/2021 at 6:22 AM, chalawaan said:

Pattaya was created for humans to swap dna fragments! 

Punters face more tests than Christ's temptations in the desert

Even a semi-geriatric old soak (me) can see it will fail on so many levels it's not even funny.

Best they wake up,  accept Pandemic reality, and focus on the logistics of feeding the millions of destitute Thais that they will soon be dealing with.

Exactly, they're behaving and talking as if the danger is coming from vaccinated tourists ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think you're correct. However I think there is some evidence that fully vaccinated people are less infectious if infected than unvaccinated.

Yes, you are correct.  The window period in which an infected vaccinated person can spread the disease is smaller. 

From memory, it's something like 3 to 5 days.  This is why many governments were discussing a 3 to 5 day quarantine of vaccinated people upon arrival.  

Initially, and some still hold the belief, that if they are vaccinated, they should be allowed to travel, as they pose no risk.

This example shows why that can not be the case until around 70% of the people in the country you wish to travel to have also been vaccinated.

Example: 

Say 25 planes carrying 400 tourists land in Thailand on any given day in the near future.  That's 10,000 tourists.  They have all been vaccinated.  

Say 1% of those 10,000 tourists is infected.  That's 100 infected tourists. 

Say 1% of the 100 infected tourists is in the contagious window period for the disease.  That's 1 tourist who is contagious, yet has been vaccinated.

That one tourists does what tourists do.  They may hit some bars on Soi 6 and play with some girls.  They may hit a nightclub on Walking Street.  They may get on a bus and take their new girlfriend to Nong Nooch.  They go to restaurant, get massages, shopping in the market for cheap items etc etc. 

By the very nature of being on a holiday, they are a super spreader. 

A full incubation period later, around 2 weeks, a high percentage of the people this tourist had contact with are now covid positive, and how many people have each one of them been in contact with, and it goes on and on, all starting from just one vaccinated tourist.     

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/17/2021 at 11:17 AM, ChipButty said:

Whats the sealed route? How are they intend to police that? people will try and push the boundaries as happened here in Phuket yesterday

Walking Street and Soi 6 lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

The beaches look darn nice to.  Stayed in the Pullman Pattaya G (Nakleua).  It resembled a tropical paradise!

Fun renting a scooter and exploring the deserted places.  Some nightlife on SoiBukow and Lk Metro.

3000 baht in an executive room.  Including great buffet breakfast, executive privileges (2 hours free happy hour with food in the evening).  Directly on the beach.

Really can't do that now though with Dark Red starting Teusday.

IMG_20200819_085658.jpg

IMG_20200819_085552.jpg

Thais that survive on tourism  cant survive solely on your joy ride on rented scooter.  Did you notice all the for rent sale signs? Many 7-11 family marts closed up? Every closed business means thais out of work…except for the person laboring to make your breakfast buffet.  I live down the road in wongamat…from the Pullman and the site is sad.  Id rather see traffic and a vibrant pattaya like before. Too busy taking in the views and not seeing desperation and despair.  The notion of Apathy doesnt exist with you.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, newnative said:

And, somehow cramming them into just 2000 available ALQ hotel rooms for all of Chonburi and Sattahip.

Why would they open up more ALQ rooms before they see any demand at all?  They could open 50,000 rooms by September if anywhere near the 2000 rooms fill up.  But I think they're smart enough to know better than to open a bunch of rooms and hire a bunch of employees before the demand picks up at all.  If it does, given the deteriorating conditions.