Pattaya presses ahead with plan to reopen to foreign tourists from September - targeting large numbers

webfact

What ever happened with the beautification of Pattaya and changing Walking street.

Also If I remember the late 2019 numbers they so gladly want to get back to had a lot of bars complaining of no customers and WS a ghost town

• Thanks 1

I can picture it now: hundreds of thousands flooding into Pattaya in the first month of opening. All vaxxed-up and ready to <deleted> every bar girl in sight. 

We should be up to about 80,000 cases/day by then, so that sounds like great timing to me - and another ‘winner’ of a plan. ????????????

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, DBath said:

I can picture it now: hundreds of thousands flooding into Pattaya in the first month of opening. All vaxxed-up and ready to <deleted> every bar girl in sight. 

We should be up to about 80,000 cases/day by then, so that sounds like great timing to me - and another ‘winner’ of a plan. ????????????

The 80k can be true , but where do you get the hundreds of thousands from ? Maybe you mean 100 OR 1000 .

• Haha 1

On 7/17/2021 at 12:02 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Actually, IMO most destitute Thais will head to the village where they can grow their own food. IMO most Thais retain links to village relatives.

I for one do not expect millions of starving Thais in the future.

Urban poverty is a fact of life right now.

• Sad 2

The last thing I want to do is travel to any country that looks mostly deserted, and up for rent or sale.

When the Delta and the Lambda, and likely a few more variants keep the pandemic alive for another 

year. The situation in a lot of places in the world,  including Thailand will look  a lot different. The world will not be going

back to a quick fix normal anywhere.  Places in the USA like Las Angeles are going back to masking and

distancing again as the delta variant is spiking the number of COVID cases a lot. Even the red necks and

anti vaxxers are changing their minds and getting the Pfizer, Moderna, and J & J poke.

Geezer

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kingstonkid said:

What ever happened with the beautification of Pattaya and changing Walking street.

Also If I remember the late 2019 numbers they so gladly want to get back to had a lot of bars complaining of no customers and WS a ghost town

Ask any Thai government official and they will tell you, “Coming to Thailand is every foreigner’s dream come true”. 

Ask any foreigner and they will likely tell you the complete opposite. 

• Like 1

I stayed a long weekend in Pattaya last year, so I could get my retirement visa, using a greedy crooked agent. Sorry to say this, but whenever someone mentions Pattaya, I can't help but think of Sodom and Gomorrah. 

Maybe I would have a different perception, if I were a young <deleted>.

I miss Thailand. Pattaya is not actually even a favorite destination of mine but I would actually love to visit it (it has been ages since I last went to Pattaya), why not. But not under these requirements/conditions. I shall give it a big pass sadly. 

1-2 months ago, I was optimistic about going to Thailand (mainly Bangkok) around this November. But now, I am not so sure, with the increase in Covid cases and with various requirements still in place. I now give it around 50 percent chance. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/16/2021 at 11:52 PM, webfact said:

First off visitors from abroad must have been double vaxxed,

What does double vaxxed mean?  Do they mean had two types of vaccines?  Do they mean a vaccine that had two jabs?  If the latter, then do they really mean they will not accept the single Jab Johnson and Johnson vaccine?

And again, will the tourist have to pay for the several tests during the quarantine?  And similar to some of the bad stories out of Phuket, if the traveler is deemed to have been in contact with some other traveler, or plane passenger or whatever that was alleged to have tested positive, would the traveler then have to go into another quarantine, which they would have to pay for again, and that no insurance would cover (according to one poster that had that happen to her in the Phuket Sandbox)?

Why somebody that is vaccinated does not get an entry with no strings is ridiculous.  They will most likely be landing at Bangkok to get to Pattaya, although I guess Utapao is possible as is Phuket airport or even DMK.  Are they going to isolate the travelers and keep them separate while transferring to Pattaya from those airports?

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, JemJem said:

I miss Thailand. Pattaya is not actually even a favorite destination of mine but I would actually love to visit it (it has been ages since I last went to Pattaya), why not. But not under these requirements/conditions. I shall give it a big pass sadly. 

1-2 months ago, I was optimistic about going to Thailand (mainly Bangkok) around this November. But now, I am not so sure, with the increase in Covid cases and with various requirements still in place. I now give it around 50 percent chance. 

I'm with you. I miss the Mrs but been working in London since start of the pandemic . 

Got hopes up about October visit to Bangkok see gf  then maybe go to Krabi with the her. But now don't think it will happen. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, gk10012001 said:

What does double vaxxed mean?  Do they mean had two types of vaccines?  Do they mean a vaccine that had two jabs?  If the latter, then do they really mean they will not accept the single Jab Johnson and Johnson vaccine?

And again, will the tourist have to pay for the several tests during the quarantine?  And similar to some of the bad stories out of Phuket, if the traveler is deemed to have been in contact with some other traveler, or plane passenger or whatever that was alleged to have tested positive, would the traveler then have to go into another quarantine, which they would have to pay for again, and that no insurance would cover (according to one poster that had that happen to her in the Phuket Sandbox)?

Why somebody that is vaccinated does not get an entry with no strings is ridiculous.  They will most likely be landing at Bangkok to get to Pattaya, although I guess Utapao is possible as is Phuket airport or even DMK.  Are they going to isolate the travelers and keep them separate while transferring to Pattaya from those airports?

Do they actually understand reality, or are they just desperate to get the economy going?

• Like 2

Nobody in there right mind would come here for any kind of holiday. It's dismal, run down and depressing. The massive growth of Covid-19, police activity, poverty, fear of infection, road blocks, rumors and that 'Sold down the river' feeling...look in everybodies eyes...

• Sad 2