Pattaya presses ahead with plan to reopen to foreign tourists from September - targeting large numbers

webfact

22 minutes ago, webfact said:

ASEAN Now did the math. To hit the target (assuming that tourism so far this year has been minimal) there would need to be 3.7 million tourists before the end of the year.

Just flash your vaccination card at the airport and immigration and the number is possible. Anything more and its more likely RT will present a positive story about the UK and the US.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Pure idiocy on every front.

Idiocy to consider reopening when the Covid numbers around Pattaya are skyrocketing.

Worse idiocy to believe tourists will flock in "large numbers" to somewhere with rampant Covid and a list of mad conditions longer than your arm.

As for the projected numbers and revenue, yes, you guessed it, more idiocy.

I guess they haven't heard these cliches:

Just not that into you.

Not worth it! 

1 minute ago, shackleton said:

Why would Tourists and I refer to true Tourists come to Thailand  Pattaya ect and put up with the restrictions and  hassle of getting here  

They are talking about opening by September 

Now Chon Buri including Pattaya have now moved into the dark Red zone 

Can't see it happening 

It's only happening if your brain resides in Cloud Cuckooland. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Whats the sealed route? How are they intend to police that? people will try and push the boundaries as happened here in Phuket yesterday

The " Route " will probably be something like

Make contact with your " welfare Guardian "in the Hotel Reception area

He / She will be easy to spot as they will have Communication Devices strapped all over them with a Satellite Dish as a Hat.

You will be taken on a Tour of all the best Shopping Experiences in Pattaya where you are obliged to empty your Wallet.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The beach is cleaner now (reverting back to nature) and there aren't many Russians here now, if that's any consolation. 

Sure it's a cesspit, but its OUR cesspit, ha ha.

and the water ?  the water is a big part of the beach

5 minutes ago, grain said:

Yes that's what I keep thinking when I read posts by monger guys who want to get back to Pattaya for P-for-P.

Guys are really going to pick up total strangers off the street or down the beach and bring them home for intimate contact? Have intercourse while practicing social distancing and wearing facemasks and face shields?...honestly the mind boggles.

Not everyone is prepared to go along with the official narrative.

• Like 2

As others have said before: just a weekly press-release offering "hope" ... and thus encouraging desperate tenants to pay a few more months rent.

No vaccines here, bars closed, massage is feet only, alcohol restrictions etc, etc - cannot see them turning all that around in a few weeks.

Correctly described above by several posters: idiocy from baffons.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, grain said:

Yes that's what I keep thinking when I read posts by monger guys who want to get back to Pattaya for P-for-P.

Guys are really going to pick up total strangers off the street or down the beach and bring them home for intimate contact? Have intercourse while practicing social distancing and wearing facemasks and face shields?...honestly the mind boggles.

Kama Sutra and a measuring tape?

As a side note: suddenly STD is a lot less concern to most.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Thai Rath reported that the authorities in Pattaya were pressing ahead with the "Pattaya Move On" reopening to foreign tourism come September despite Covid-19 infections being severe in the country at the moment. 

''Often times leaders can become so content with delegating others to find solutions to the problems that they are oblivious to the fact that they're part of it.”

VaeEshia Ratcliff-Davis

• Like 2