Pattaya presses ahead with plan to reopen to foreign tourists from September - targeting large numbers

webfact

51 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They were thriving before covid. 9 new bars opened on soi Boomerang and many other G clubs around Pattaya too. Go Go bars were on the wain though but for those in the know there were a few great ones..

The bars round Soi Boomerang were thriving.? Never looked that way to me H, but if you say so. 

On 7/21/2021 at 5:43 AM, impulse said:

That's what they said about the Phuket Sandbox opening on July 1.

Yes and in three weeks approx 55 million baht, a bit over a million pounds. And this was mainly from people who were very keen to come here anyway, not genuine tourists. What was the equivalent figure for July in previous years.? 

Does not make it a failure, still early days. But how much was anticipated.? 

1 hour ago, The Hammer2021 said:

They were thriving before covid. 9 new bars opened on soi Boomerang and many other G clubs around Pattaya too. Go Go bars were on the wain though but for those in the know there were a few great ones..

Why do you think many bars / gentleman's clubs moved to Soi Boomerang?  

It wasn't because they were "thriving" at their last location.  They needed cheaper rent to enable them to survive, let alone, thrive.  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

Why do you think many bars / gentleman's clubs moved to Soi Boomerang?  

It wasn't because they were "thriving" at their last location.  They needed cheaper rent to enable them to survive, let alone, thrive.  

Which ones moved? The ones i know that were doing well are still there, although closed like all others right now. Maybe some opened new but i don't know of any that closed shop to open there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, skorp13 said:

Which ones moved? The ones i know that were doing well are still there, although closed like all others right now. Maybe some opened new but i don't know of any that closed shop to open there.

It's become an enclave there for gentleman's clubs.  Before, there was nothing much in that soi.  It will probably be nicknamed Soi GC in the future.  

Didn't Heaven move to there?  

17 hours ago, Leaver said:

Didn't Heaven move to there?  

I would not say move. Original Heaven Above Closed, before Covid, which was a GGB. One or two of the partners then opened a club there, but it is nothing like the original GGB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You doubt that? LOL.

Anyway, they can be anywhere on line and catch a bus to Pattaya when they get a customer.

Which bus would that be.... aren't many suspended?

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I would not say move. Original Heaven Above Closed, before Covid, which was a GGB. One or two of the partners then opened a club there, but it is nothing like the original GGB.

Ok, but that soi is becoming an enclave for GC's, and I would say the most attractive thing about that area for starting and / or moving a business there is the cheaper rent. 

The cheaper rent is probably the only chance they have of making a profit.  

12 hours ago, Leaver said:

Ok, but that soi is becoming an enclave for GC's, and I would say the most attractive thing about that area for starting and / or moving a business there is the cheaper rent. 

The cheaper rent is probably the only chance they have of making a profit.  

Cheaper rent won't last, tart a place up and make a successful business is a sure fire way of getting it doubled. It was surprising how many places sprang up there on Boomerng, Baku or whatever, even when Covid was about.... but some of them were useless......

I still have a nervousness of that style of place, stems from the old Patpong (Bangkok) rip-off model.

Not sure about thriving, but Soi Boomerang was becoming very busy and popular.  I went there a few nights and just about every bar was full some with no girls available they were all busy.

Different then Soi 6 as they are behind closed doors and allowed much more liberal interaction with customers.  Add, most have a curtained off area which provides even more privacy and rooms upstairs if you need a nap.  

On 7/26/2021 at 6:13 AM, jacko45k said:

Cheaper rent won't last, tart a place up and make a successful business is a sure fire way of getting it doubled. It was surprising how many places sprang up there on Boomerng, Baku or whatever, even when Covid was about.... but some of them were useless......

I still have a nervousness of that style of place, stems from the old Patpong (Bangkok) rip-off model.

I agree with your comment about cheaper rent.  I suspect we will see this in LK Metro, post covid. 

Many gogo's set up in LK Metro, due to the cheaper rent.  Prices were therefore cheaper, and traditional Walking Street customers soon customers of LK Metro. 

Eventually, rents will increase in LK Metro, thus, so will drink prices etc, and it will meet what the market is NOT prepared to pay, and the whole cycle will start again, possibly with something like Soi Bongkot.  

The Thai landlords just can't help themselves.  

• Like 2