Royal Thai Navy moves forward with proposal to purchase more submarines, dismisses criticism

Jonathan Fairfield

Never mind, I can  guarantee  that a very large pile of tin medals are right now being  made to award  those tasked with procuring these things.   A thought, if they run out of room on their shirt front for them, can they tack them on their backsides??

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

According to Admiral Chettha Jaipiam, a spokesperson for the RTN, the purchase is part of the “duty” of the Royal Thai Navy to protect the country.

Protect the country from who LOL the only ones stupid enough would be the Chinese and that's who   you are probably buying them from so yet another waste of money like the space program instead of looking after the citizens affected by the Pandemic .

• Like 2

According to Admiral Chettha Jaipiam, a spokesperson for the RTN, the purchase is part of the “duty” of the Royal Thai Navy to protect the country.

nothing to do with protecting the country but mainly to payback China for the so called "donated"  (garbage Sinovac) vaccines..... you scratch my back I scratch yours type deals

• Like 2

that they are moving forward with a controversial plan to purchases two submarines from China.

sure it's controversial, that money should be used to better use like the purchase of the correct  mRNA vaccines to replace and get rid of the Sinovac non performing ones

Edited by Mavideol
  • Like 1

While 1,000s are going hungry have lost jobs ,have lost loved ones and Covid is chasing untold misery and  havoc here we see money being wasted on rust buckets now I know why the adverts say “ Amazing Thailand “ ☹️☹️☹️☹️

Edited by crazykopite
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What world do you live in? Certainly not the same one as me.

People here  are starving desperate, thousands dying due to the governments serious failings.

Submarines are of no use what so ever to this country, Gulf of Thailand far too shallow for submarines.

For your info, i am not booze soaked or at the beach, not consumed alcohol in nearly 8 years.

Please explain what sense it makes Thailand having submarines.

I think it is you seeing the world through a boozed up state, not others. 

Please show me links to reports people are starving. You know what starving means right?

"dying because of not having enough food". Links please.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

4 hours ago, Jonathan Fairfield said:

The Navy has officially submitted a proposal this week to the parliamentary budget committee considering the fiscal budgets for the 2022 year, which if a

If it's not knocked back then something is really wrong with this country.

While citizens have to fork-out for their own efficient vaccines the navy wants to buy useless submarines.

• Like 1