AstraZeneca says Thailand only requested 3 million doses per month in initial agreement

webfact

Predicting future is a job reserved for prophets and no country is prepare for the worse not even the super powers. so a shortsighted policy? yes, ordering 10's on millions of vaccinations on a guess, i'd too be hesitant...

• Confused 9
  • Sad 4

From what I read recently, the foreign manufacturers were demanding payment in advance.  Of course the Thai agencies don't like that because there is no guarantee that when they receive the vaccines, that they can then use them, sell, them, get money from people,  etc..

22 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

the foreign manufacturers were demanding payment in advance.  Of course the Thai agencies don't like that

You say "foreign manufacturers" in your post, can you tell me what you mean by foreign? As far as I'm aware Thailand doesn't have a domestic vaccine. Can you explain to me which domestic vaccine (that doesn't require advanced payment) you are talking about? as no domestic vaccine exists. 

Edited by JamieM
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamieM said:

You say foreign manufacturers can you tell me what you mean by foreign? As far as I'm aware Thailand doesn't have a domestic vaccine, can you explain what you mean? I'm genuinely confused by your statement.

Try a dictionary

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, gk10012001 said:

Try a dictionary

I take it that you are unable to clarify the nonsensical post you just made then?

ALL the vaccines in use are foreign in Thailand.

Edited by JamieM
  • Like 2

I notice that many members are posting about what they planned and such things. My thoughts are that if they received 3 million doses per month since September 2020. That would make, starting from October: 30 million doses. After that they say they doubled the deliveries after a while. Let´s make it easy and say another 15 million doses. That would be 45 million doses only from AZ. After that they have been receiving from Moderna and Sinovac.

If you later read and take in what stands here, nothing will ever make sense again:

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/countries-and-territories/thailand/

4 minutes ago, JamieM said:

I stipulated in use.

No you didn't, you don't know what you said... here...

As far as I'm aware Thailand doesn't have a domestic vaccine. Can you explain to me which domestic vaccine (that doesn't require advanced payment) you are talking about? as no domestic vaccine exists. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

No you didn't, you don't know what you said... here...

Check again.

1 hour ago, JamieM said:

I take it that you are unable to clarify the nonsensical post you just made then?

ALL the vaccines in use are foreign in Thailand.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Caldera said:

I'm not surprised. By September last year, the fools in the Thai government had long convinced themselves that they've beaten Covid-19 and patted their backs. Slogans like "Safe and trusted Thailand" were dreamed up, as well as bubble plans with other supposedly "safe" countries. Who needs vaccines in such an environment?

Oh the hubris.

Sadly the international media didn't help. Lots of pats on the back from them too.  None wrote a "what could go wrong" story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JamieM said:

You say "foreign manufacturers" in your post, can you tell me what you mean by foreign? As far as I'm aware Thailand doesn't have a domestic vaccine. Can you explain to me which domestic vaccine (that doesn't require advanced payment) you are talking about? as no domestic vaccine exists. 

If you want to do any "real" business in Thailand ie company to company, domestic or overseas, you have to pay for goods before they are shipped, so if they order vaccines l can see why companies would want payment before shipment.

• Like 2