Thirty six foreigners and Thais arrested for drinking alcohol after 9 pm in Chiang Mai

webfact

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

MoonMuang is Loi Krow and MoonMuang Soi 1/2.

Mainly hooker bars aimed at foreigners.

So it's likely gonna be Thai bar girls, Thai gfs and foreigner customers.

That isnt a hooker bar, its a sports bar aimed at the younger crowd, rather than old sex pats 

6 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

And they deliver to you, cash on delivery in Thailand. Do you say that you keep social distancing rules when paying them? How exactly do you do that? 

Some services take electronic payment when you order the food.

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe they don't care because they think COVID isn't any worse than the flu.

And would prefer not to live the rest of their lives in a state of constant fear locked in their homes.

If that is the case an island somewhere if not then freedom comes at a price for them PAY UP!????

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Nah there are  no walking sticks in sight so i doubt it the crowd is too young ????

Plus we all know that the nobody on Thaivisa would break the law like that. 

No. We're all in bed by 9pm.????

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Nah there are  no walking sticks in sight so i doubt it the crowd is too young ????

Plus we all know that the nobody on Thaivisa would break the law like that. 

Not like the old days when you had  a member from Phuket arrested for murder. I think he was a mod as well

Edited by Knocker33

1 hour ago, robblok said:

Eh i mean tempels and beaches.

I do English tutoring for Chinese, Japanese, Korean adults online. When I bring up Thailand they say they come for work or vacation. Of course I ask, so what do you do for fun? ALWAYS temples and beaches. Man they just love 'em.

6 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

And they deliver to you, cash on delivery in Thailand. Do you say that you keep social distancing rules when paying them? How exactly do you do that? 

Tell them there is a cheque in the post through the window.

9 minutes ago, rainham said:

Thai bar owner arrested for buying a round of drinks 

The police could, of course, be a bit more pro-active and visit/close these places before 9pm.  If they wanted to actually help solve this particular supposed Covid issue, that is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

The newer models have good cameras you don't need to be REALLY close and wearing a mask and being outside has less chance to catch it . Or do you tell me when you go shopping your chance of getting close to people isn't the same as when paying by QR code with the phone , only then you are inside a building(shop) ,so stop the drama Mikey you can't win this one . 

With a 1 in 10,000 chance of catching it by contacting a 'contaminated' surface, I'll take my chances with cash.  The waste of plastics and chemicals for cleaning is astounding, and for what?

Do the research.  Follow the science.  SARS-COV2 is an aerosol transmitted disease.  Give your immune system some exercise for the other pathogens we have to fight off, lay off the stupid alcohol hand sanitizer and cleaning every surface every hour.  Just a waste of resources.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ExpatDraco said:

If Covid thought us anything is that a lot of people would be amazing German citizens in 1939.

Quite the opposite actually, its the people who refuse to act responsibly are the ones who have caused numerous deaths . Its the people not "following orders" who are causing deaths

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

People on here calling the gov inept. lol

That's hardly the case.

They are laughing all the way to the bank.

They aren't even original in this...they are following the model of the big boys, copying their success.

• Like 1

The essential takeaway from this is not the heinous criminality of the culprits, but the impact reading about it will have on anyone even THINKING about coming to Thailand for a holiday. You what? No drinkies? You have got to be joking! 12 hour flight each way, appallingly Byzantine entry requirements, potentially costly quarantine, no freedom of movement etc etc. I mean, what's honestly to like?

3 hours ago, n8sail said:

With a 1 in 10,000 chance of catching it by contacting a 'contaminated' surface, I'll take my chances with cash.  The waste of plastics and chemicals for cleaning is astounding, and for what?

Do the research.  Follow the science.  SARS-COV2 is an aerosol transmitted disease.  Give your immune system some exercise for the other pathogens we have to fight off, lay off the stupid alcohol hand sanitizer and cleaning every surface every hour.  Just a waste of resources.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/more/science-and-research/surface-transmission.html

It is called hygiene theater.

• Haha 1

Oh dear the wowsers have the science down pat, drinking a beer after 9.00 pm is a dead set Covid vector. Praising the Lord on Sunday without your mask…

Edited by Mayhem11
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1