Thirty six foreigners and Thais arrested for drinking alcohol after 9 pm in Chiang Mai

webfact

8 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Hm,..I caught the flue just a couple of years ago. My wife and i where very sick for two weeks! But never did we had to go to a hospital. I was very careful with the that Covid-19, always wear a mask and avoid all contacts with others except my very close family. Still got covid-19 (Nobody in the family got it except my wife who was just a bit sick for 2 days) I spend 19 days in Hospital, half of it in I.C.U. on oxygen but just not on a breading machine !!! I was Lucky, according to the doctor on the machines you get only a 50-50 % surviving chance ! Other people in the same I.C.U. didn't have the same luck as me.

All the doctors and medics I saw in that intense period said this is much worse than a flue.

Anybody is free to think whatever they want,...But I Know now.!...I am supposed to have a certain degree of Immunity now, and I'm fully vaccinated ! i still wear a mask when I go to supermarkets or anywhere there is people around.

I am happy that you recovered and still exercise precaution. You went through hell and back and understand the gravity of this deadly pandemic. Somehow there will be some like this 36 foreigners who may think that their chances of catching the virus is mathematically remote and threw caution to the wind. Selfish blokes who now could be super carriers to their family and community. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, nickmondo said:

you are very wrong to think that.

just today, in the gym, the only people not wearing masks correctly.........foreigners

outside, the only ones not wearing masks correctly.......foreigners.

just arrogant and a disgrace

Ok, wasn´t that what I said? Comprehension, my dear Watson. ????

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

Are there still people who think that Covid is no worse than the flu?  How do they remain so stubbornly misinformed?

If any such willfully ignorant person is reading this, allow me to explain the obvious:  The mortality rate of Covid 19 is ten times that of the flu, and it is far more infectious.  Plus, about 14% of those who have tested positive for Covid have experienced "long Covid"; lingering symptoms three months later.  https://www.economist.com/science-and-technology/2021/04/29/researchers-are-closing-in-on-long-covid

How long "long Covid" can last, will some people never fully recover, what affect it has on life expectancy, etc. are unknown at this time.  I prefer to let someone else be the guinea pigs in these studies; clearly there is no shortage of candidates.

BTW:  There is no need to remain locked in one's home.  Wear a mask, maintain social distancing as much as is practical, and avoid crowded indoor places with poor ventilation such as bars with the doors shut.

I think for them its just justification to stop the rules so they can have "fun" again. Don't forget a lot of people came here for the bars and girls. Eh i mean tempels and beaches.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Yes, I do that myself without relying on a Thai to do it for me, like you. That only works if the mobile phones are really close. So how do you pay without getting close to the one delivering the goods?

The newer models have good cameras you don't need to be REALLY close and wearing a mask and being outside has less chance to catch it . Or do you tell me when you go shopping your chance of getting close to people isn't the same as when paying by QR code with the phone , only then you are inside a building(shop) ,so stop the drama Mikey you can't win this one . 

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Is it actually illegal to drink alcohol after 9 PM ?

Not in your home or at least I hope not I was drinking rum last night at 11 and me and my wife was drinking beer the night before 

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe they don't care because they think COVID isn't any worse than the flu.

And would prefer not to live the rest of their lives in a state of constant fear locked in their homes.

Going by the blue and purple likes, most agree with you. Let those that want to hide in their room hide- it leaves more room for those that don't.

I don't know why the government keeps muttering about opening up for tourists, when the cops keep stuffing the narrative up with all these arbitrary arrests against farangs. I suspect plenty of Thai establishments are left alone.

Might as well just put up a big sign saying "Abandon hope, all those that want to visit Thailand, as it is closed indefinitely".

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'll probably be dead before he reaches that age ..................

Why worry about something so far in the future?

Why worry about your son's future? 

You'll never make "Father of the year".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe they don't care because they think COVID isn't any worse than the flu.

And would prefer not to live the rest of their lives in a state of constant fear locked in their homes.

Conservatively 90% of the farang population prefer to live in a totalitarian dystopia created though some absolutely stellar propaganda (personally I'm in awe) which is so effective that most can repeat the memorized responses verbatim each time they are presented with a conditioned stimulus. 
Those who were caught drinking.  Part of the 10%.  They'll play along and grovel, pay their fines, and laugh it off.  Live and learn.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Sometimes, I feel great shame for my fellow foreigners. I thought we were intelligent enough to understand the situation and follow instructions. Apparently, I was very wrong.

Rational though and clear reasoning do not mix with Alcohol.

The very reason why it is restricted.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

And they deliver to you, cash on delivery in Thailand. Do you say that you keep social distancing rules when paying them? How exactly do you do that? 

When this all started Lazada would deliver a prepaid parcel leaving it at my gate asking me not to pick it up until they'd left. That's all stopped now and we're back to a friendly hand to hand delivery. I'm sure a system could be worked out for paying keeping social distance. It's hardly rocket science. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Rational though and clear reasoning do not mix with Alcohol.

The very reason why it is restricted.

As much as I agree with you, that is not relevant. These people made the choice to drink when they were sober. Otherwise they would be drunk all the time, right?
That still makes me ashamed, and they look like unintelligent creatures.

1 minute ago, edwinchester said:

Humans are pretty selfish as a whole imho and covid has highlighted just how selfish many can be.

Here's a short story. I live in Kanchanaburi where a cluster was discovered in a local factory. Testing appears to have been less than thorough and many asked for and we're granted permission to self isolate at home in the village next to ours rather than in the factory. These people then proceeded to visit the local gambling den, then tested positive at home and much of the village is now in lockdown. I sincerely hope the ones who broke their home isolation are jailed as an example to others.

Sounds like the daily way of thinking to me. I also hope they would jail the bastards, but as we know. That´s hoping for to much. 500 baht fine and a wai.

9 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Sometimes, I feel great shame for my fellow foreigners. I thought we were intelligent enough to understand the situation and follow instructions. Apparently, I was very wrong.

I was never under such illusions. Look at the death rates in these 'intelligent' countries. And they're still making very unintelligent decisions that will either cause more deaths or breed an even worse variant. Thailand needs to start deporting these fools..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

It is very relevant.

The need to Drink and associate with others drove the rational thinking out of the Window.

All these people can think about is the need to drink, and possibly ( probably ) get drunk with Friends and family. That is the sole though going through their heads,

They are alcoholics , but would never admit to that.

nature of certain cultures..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

resulted in the arrest of its owner and 36 Thai and foreign patrons.

Headline and body text little misleading

Headline says 36 foreigners and thai were arrested, to me sounding as if 36 foreigners plus more Thai, but the body text says 36 in total and Thai used before foreigners as opposing to headline.

So, what was the ratio? not that it matters but headlines and body text can easily be very misleading

9 hours ago, robblok said:

Nah there are  no walking sticks in sight so i doubt it the crowd is too young

Would have said digital nomads, but no one in that group would indulge in whores, unless the girl in (near) underwear is an undercover DOPA policeperson.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, heybruce said:

Are there still people who think that Covid is no worse than the flu?  How do they remain so stubbornly misinformed?

If any such willfully ignorant person is reading this, allow me to explain the obvious:  The mortality rate of Covid 19 is ten times that of the flu, and it is far more infectious.  Plus, about 14% of those who have tested positive for Covid have experienced "long Covid"; lingering symptoms three months later.  https://www.economist.com/science-and-technology/2021/04/29/researchers-are-closing-in-on-long-covid

How long "long Covid" can last, will some people never fully recover, what affect it has on life expectancy, etc. are unknown at this time.  I prefer to let someone else be the guinea pigs in these studies; clearly there is no shortage of candidates.

BTW:  There is no need to remain locked in one's home.  Wear a mask, maintain social distancing as much as is practical, and avoid crowded indoor places with poor ventilation such as bars with the doors shut.

And vaccination centres, they are super spreader events ????????

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Headline and body text little misleading

Headline says 36 foreigners and thai were arrested, to me sounding as if 36 foreigners plus more Thai, but the body text says 36 in total and Thai used before foreigners as opposing to headline.

So, what was the ratio? not that it matters but headlines and body text can easily be very misleading

MoonMuang is Loi Krow and MoonMuang Soi 1/2.

Mainly hooker bars aimed at foreigners.

So it's likely gonna be Thai bar girls, Thai gfs and foreigner customers.