Thirty six foreigners and Thais arrested for drinking alcohol after 9 pm in Chiang Mai

webfact

7 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

The newer models have good cameras you don't need to be REALLY close and wearing a mask and being outside has less chance to catch it . Or do you tell me when you go shopping your chance of getting close to people isn't the same as when paying by QR code with the phone , only then you are inside a building(shop) ,so stop the drama Mikey you can't win this one . 

I have a new expensive mobile, sure, it works at a bit over half a meter if the other person has a good mobile too and screen is at maximum but no more than 30 centimeters in a non optimum scenario. Guess what phones poor Street sellers and delivery guys use, the best ones? I of course use the lower number as my measure.

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, BritManToo said:

I'll probably be dead before he reaches that age ..................

Why worry about something so far in the future?

It's not about you or if you're dead or not, this is a pandemic, we all need to think it's about them, it's about him, it's about your son and my daughter. 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Mayhem11 said:

Oh dear wowsers when did science establish that drinking alcohol after 9.00 pm is a vector for Covid. 

The government's argument is that people act irresponsibly when they drink in groups.  30 people without masks drinking in a small bar with the doors/shutters closed supports this assumption.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Maybe they don't care because they think COVID isn't any worse than the flu.

And would prefer not to live the rest of their lives in a state of constant fear locked in their homes.

That is exactly the attitude that is being highlighted here in this thread.

The self-entitlement, me, me, me selfishly arrogant thinking process and the mindset, 'that you can do just what you want to do'. 

You are not a medical expert. This is just your blindly ignorant, narrow perspective on a global pandemic.

You, obviously, are far too important and 'knowledgeable' to have to obey the laws of your host country.

Furthermore, most of us here are not living in a constant state of fear, locked up in our own homes. Most of us accept the letter of the law.

This is Thailand. Not the UK, where you appear to originate from. 

Just another example of your downright selfish, arrogant beliefs!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

It's not about you or if you're dead or not, this is a pandemic, we all need to think it's about them, it's about him, it's about your son and my daughter. 

Why should I care if someone I don't know lives or dies?

Other people dying is generally a good thing, not only for me, but for the world.

What's crazy about woke people .....

they scream about the world being overpopulated, they scream when 0.15% of the world dies.

Where's the logic?

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Just to put matters in perspective. I know Hundreds of people all over the world and until now not one of those have become seriously sick or even worse, died of Covid 19. At the other hand though I could fill a full DIN A4 with names of people, friends, family and people I knew that got sick and/or dies with cancer.

Me to!

Woke people have no sense of risk or perspective.

They only live in fear of the things their overlords instruct them to fear.

And are desperate to silence those who don't share their irrational fears.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Why should I care if someone I don't know lives or dies?

Other people dying is generally a good thing, not only for me, but for the world.

What's crazy about woke people .....

they scream about the world being overpopulated, they scream when 0.15% of the world dies.

Where's the logic?

Because in pandemics, those who don't extend the pain for everybody else. But as you said yourself, "Why should I care if someone I don't know lives or dies?"

Why don't you show what you wrote to your son and ask him if he's proud of his daddy. Maybe he can teach you something. Just a gentle suggestion. 

Edited by MikeyIdea
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

Because in pandemics, those who don't extend the pain for everybody else. But as you said yourself, you don't care if someone you don't know lives or dies.

I'm an old guy, I don't go out much, mainly trips to the local booze shop 200m from my front door. If the government allowed me to buy alcohol online, I wouldn't even do that.

How am I extending the pandemic?

Don't answer, you're on ignore, there's only so many foolish posts I can stand to read.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm an old guy, I don't go out much, mainly trips to the local booze shop 200m from my front door. If the government allowed me to buy alcohol online, I wouldn't even do that.

How am I extending the pandemic?

Don't answer, you're on ignore, there's only so much woke rubbish I can stand to read.

Sure the truth hurts Britman. We'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. Watch what will happen to Thailand at the end of August, have a great day and stay safe

Edited by MikeyIdea
at the end, not in

On 7/20/2021 at 9:20 AM, BritManToo said:

Maybe they don't care because they think COVID isn't any worse than the flu.

And would prefer not to live the rest of their lives in a state of constant fear locked in their homes.

well said.... because even if covid is nothing.. all the govs wont want to let go of the control its created....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, Gottfrid said:

Foreign or Thais, has no importance here. Actually, I do not think so. Lately I have recognized that working girls are actually smarter than politicians.

"I do not think so. Lately I have recognized that working girls are actually smarter than politicians." That would not be hard if your referring to the "there won't be a coup" unelected PM and the rest of his tinpot soldiers.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ArcticFox said:

Conservatively 90% of the farang population prefer to live in a totalitarian dystopia created though some absolutely stellar propaganda (personally I'm in awe) which is so effective that most can repeat the memorized responses verbatim each time they are presented with a conditioned stimulus. 
Those who were caught drinking.  Part of the 10%.  They'll play along and grovel, pay their fines, and laugh it off.  Live and learn.

<deleted>. Got dizzy on the first 2 lines.

Dystopia ?? 

26 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"I do not think so. Lately I have recognized that working girls are actually smarter than politicians." That would not be hard if your referring to the "there won't be a coup" unelected PM and the rest of his tinpot soldiers.

Oh dear! I am not referring to anything special. Just everyday life.

On 7/20/2021 at 7:36 AM, Gottfrid said:

Sometimes, I feel great shame for my fellow foreigners. I thought we were intelligent enough to understand the situation and follow instructions. Apparently, I was very wrong.

" Thai and foreign patrons" i.e. "people ". Reading and comprehension difficulties?

15 hours ago, don long said:

They need to be deported just as Bali did to idiots who refused to ware a mask. They need to send the message to the privileged ones who think they are above the needs of the country. Your a guest here and as a guest you should not put the local population at risk because your need to sit in a bar n google the girls, grow the <deleted> up. People are dying daily isn’t that enough incentive to act responsibily?

"Your a guest here". ?????????????????????????

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, nchuckle said:

" Thai and foreign patrons" i.e. "people ". Reading and comprehension difficulties?

No, not any comprehension difficulties at all. Just one question. Does it make the foreigners look better just because there were Thais involved?
I guess you no the answer to that question. You probably also know that I can only feel ashamed for my own race and their behavior. That it was Thais involved is nothing surprising to me. As a result I can´t care less about how they behave, as long we keep clean under our rug.

How Thais behave does not affect how they look at us. How we behave does! You should always remember who´s country you reside in and how bad reputation is going to affect you and your life in that country. Therefore, we do not need brainless farts like this representing us.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

"Your a guest here". ?????????????????????????

Why the question mark? How do you look at it? What do I know, maybe you have a Thai citizenship. If not, you will always be seen as a guest (expat) or a worker in almost any country in the world.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, Gottfrid said:

Why the question mark? How do you look at it? What do I know, maybe you have a Thai citizenship. If not, you will always be seen as a guest (expat) or a worker in almost any country in the world.

There are a few reasons why we are not guests here, IMO, the main one being retirees having to do 90 day reports. That is treating us like criminals, certainly not guests.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1