BBC report Thai Covid crisis latest - who's going to visit Thailand after reading that?

webfact

2 minutes ago, smedly said:

they might be recorded but not investigated - deaths here are seldom signed off by a medical professional - the village head man might sign a paper 

What do you mean? Do you think deaths here are not tested for Covid?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

If only the current government could shoot the coronavirus, they'd be out of the pandemic in no time.  Unfortunately, gunfire is not a medically approved treatment!  ????

don't be giving them any ideas - desperate people do desperate things paricularly when their intellect is impaired :post-4641-1156694572:

Edited by smedly
  • Like 1

Just now, daveAustin said:

Oh c’mon, change your tune fellas, you’ve lived there long enough and know darn well the Thai figures are dubious. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn they’re up or beyond the UK. Germany not far off 100k, while Japan many times more than Thai both of which have handled it better. Pointing out obvious flaws in the way Thailand has tested and reported is not bashing. You’re in denial. 

I speak with Japanese every day and from what they tell me, Japan has handled this pandemic worse than here. Which of my figures do you think is wrong?

• Sad 1

When India was having a tough time with COVID some Thai official said that it was lucky that international media was focused on India as they didn't notice the relatively mild second wave happening in Thailand there would be negative ramifications for the sandbox and reopening plan. 

As Warren Buffet likes to say, "When the tide goes out you can see whose been swimming naked."  Now the pandemic has subsided in India for now at least and foreign media can focus on Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. The real tragedy is unfolding in Burma but no news is coming out.

• Like 2

pointless comparing UK and Thailand.....for anything.....utterly different.

”defamation” charge by thai govt against BBC then...”your true report has harmed us”.

” nobody will come here now”.... er, thats been in place since April last year 

bbc report about dramatic increase in deaths and restrictions here.

total covid deaths over last 16 months have still only reached 2 normal months of moped road deaths, largely reduceable but nothing ever done.....

60% Delta Death figure rapidly increasing towards 90% by Oct. before any effective western vax largely available.....

regretable that Alpha still killing many hundreds of unvaxed thais due to Sinovac unavailable or denied .......

Thais over 60 ARE being vaxed with AZ

e.g. my lady’s mother at Main Bkk Bus Stn vax centre...no bkk city entry...... 

Thai police have been carrying high powered rifles since 1980 that I know of, nothing new here, but seeing a brave Thai doctor on the news in Aust stating that Sinovac was probably given preference over others because brown envelopes would have been involved would make me think twice about returning to Thailand.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

What do you mean?

On quick check,

Deaths in UK = 129,000

Deaths in Thailand = 3,000

Are you just Thai bashing or is there something I can't see here? 

To be precise, as of today there are officially 3502 deaths, over 2000 of them in the last 5 weeks alone, despite the many significant restrictions in public life, that should make one think … 

This pandemic is far from over and in Thailand they seem to be just getting started really now, not a pleasant prospect when the country is so lacking in reliable and sufficient vaccine and at least the bizarre British PM was absolutely right about that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BobinBKK said:

I'm sure these people are trying to figure out how to punish foreign international news media and foreign corporations sitting on foreign soil for exposing the truth about "Lieland".

"these people"?

The article is BBC Thailand, whose reporters are not foreigners...

30 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Exactly,there's a lot of people worrying about nothing. My mother, who is 80 soon, had it with NO symptoms, as did 4 other relatives over 80. 

Well small family samples do not a science make.....fortunate.... over 4 million it did kill.