BBC report Thai Covid crisis latest - who's going to visit Thailand after reading that?

webfact

But T.A.T. says there are 100,000's, or was it millions ???? , 

of tourists just waiting to come to Thailand, and will

be here soon,  or the BBC story , who would you believe

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Get a grip, most Thais don't even have holidays. If they do, it's a trip to the next town to stay at their cousins house and drink whisky on their porch.

Nonsense, most Thais do have holidays. Do you only know peasants?

• Sad 3

38 minutes ago, sathornlover said:

My limited praise of the British PM was clearly related to the procurement of vaccines for their own people, or would you like to claim that Anutin or Prayuth are performing better in this matter?

Yes, Boris did buy more vaccines but it wasn't as hard for him than it is for Prayud. For starters, the UK has a lot more money, and also the vaccines comes from there. 

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

Not withstanding the risks of being locked down once here, and the lack of normal services and things to do, the sheer difficulty of getting here at the moment would deter  me from booking a holiday in Thailand.

Not only the hoops to jump through, but the lack of choice for flights make what is an already arduous 20+ hour door to door journey even more wearing.

Factor in the choices still available under 3 hours flying from the UK for those that have been vaccinated and it makes no sense to travel all this way.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Exploring Thailand said:

He means the death rate has plummeted.  Currently the UK has 4-5 times the number of new infections Thailand has, but a quarter of the new deaths. It has a much higher percentage of people vaccinated and is vaccinating the remaining people more quickly.

All that said, I'm not sure I agree with the policy to throw away all precautions. They have removed the requirements to wear a mask, for example. People can still go about their daily lives while wearing a mask.

Yes it’s a bit of a concern throwing caution to the wind. What are the chances of people catching both Alpha and Delta viruses at the same time. Like a cocktail with a bigger kick to it. Only time will tell whether this abandonment of caution gets a big tick or a cross

• Like 2

BBC used to be a reputable media but it is now a political tool and likes to spread half-truths.

UK Covid situation was much worse than Thailand back then, did anybody complain?

Edited by EricTh
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

What do you mean?

On quick check,

Deaths in UK = 129,000

Deaths in Thailand = 3,000

Are you just Thai bashing or is there something I can't see here? 

Current trends ?

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

What do you mean?

On quick check,

Deaths in UK = 129,000

Its the latter I think inspired by the Thai government

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

65 ....... had COVID right at the start in Jan 2019.... correction Jan 2020 ..... after mixing with Chinese at Chiang Mai/Saigon airports. My family all had it the next week when I returned, this was before the world was scared.

Nasty lingering cough was about the worst of it.

Interesting. On Dec 23rd 2019, at the gate for a flight from Suwarnabhumi to Dalat in Vietnam, a Chinese guy sneezed right across my path. It was so outrageous I remembered it when I caught a flu the next day, presumably from that, and it ruined my holiday. The cough lasted two months. It was severe, but my colds/flus are always severe because of allergy side-effects - I can't tell them apart. Never got tested, but if that was Covid, it would have been the first known case in Thailand. Always wondered about that. Perhaps it came to Thailand via Vietnam...

4 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Almost as bad as the numbers in the vaccinated UK.

Current daily average UK new infections 37k

Cases in the UK | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

Just love your profile at the bottom and very true many too stupid and too late but yes seen these statistics and even with full vaccinations the UK they still recording record highs and yeah just come out of lockdown but after just one day of night club reopening and from is it Aug/Sep people going to have to prove a negative certificate but can party and up to them if they want to wear masks.
In other words when the cases surge and more death the ones in power will claim it is the fault of the general public and never theirs, but that not unusual for all aspects of our lives.
How many of the youngsters would have had both jabs. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, jwest10 said:

Just love your profile at the bottom and very true many too stupid and too late but yes seen these statistics and even with full vaccinations the UK they still recording record highs and yeah jut come out of lockdowns but after just one day of night club reopening and from is it Aug/Sep people going to have to prove a negative certificate but can party and up to them if they want to wear masks.
In other words when the cases surge and more death the ones in power will claim it is the fault of the general public and never theirs, but that not unusual for aspects of our lives
How many of the youngsters would have had both jabs. 

Whereas UK peeps partying like nuts in nightclubs, dancing close together, but being told to wear masks in public transport and crowded indoor places makes perfect sense of course. Not crazy at all.

4 minutes ago, Tanomazu said:

Whereas UK peeps partying like nuts in nightclubs, dancing close together, but being told to wear masks in public transport and crowded indoor places makes perfect sense of course. Not crazy at all.

Just your opinion and we all entitled to one and yeah the world everywhere is getting crazier and crazier.

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Almost as bad as the numbers in the vaccinated UK.

Current daily average UK new infections 37k

Cases in the UK | Coronavirus in the UK (data.gov.uk)

and  deaths  per  day in the UK? 20  or  so except  the last 2-3  days  up to 40=  big  difference in a  population well vaccinated

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jwest10 said:

Just your opinion and we all entitled to one and yeah the world everywhere is getting crazier and crazier.

No, it's not just opinion actually, it's critical analysis, if the UK allows peeps to party in nightclubs and dance close together but at the same time tells its people they should wear masks on public transport and in crowded indoor places, then clearly UK policy makers are making nonsensical rules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

and  deaths  per  day in the UK? 20  or  so except  the last 2-3  days  up to 40=  big  difference in a  population well vaccinated

..... or difference in a population were all the nearly dead have already died.

As Neeranam already posted 129k dead in UK, 3k dead in Thailand.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Scary to listen every few minutes an ambulance.

Yesterday I saw 2 pick-up trucks (don't know if they belong to emergency service or fire fighters.

At the rear, always a few people with luggage.

Probably rushed sick to a nearby field hospital.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Derek said:

Interesting. On Dec 23rd 2019, at the gate for a flight from Suwarnabhumi to Dalat in Vietnam, a Chinese guy sneezed right across my path. It was so outrageous I remembered it when I caught a flu the next day, presumably from that, and it ruined my holiday. The cough lasted two months. It was severe, but my colds/flus are always severe because of allergy side-effects - I can't tell them apart. Never got tested, but if that was Covid, it would have been the first known case in Thailand. Always wondered about that. Perhaps it came to Thailand via Vietnam...

Similar to theories that it arrived in the US via Europe rather than China.

My wife's dad may have been an early casualty, before testing was done in LOS.

Officially pneumonia.

He had a heck of a comorbidity, though, at 92.

Regret I never had a chance to drink a beer with the dear old fellow. He livved it, but his daughters were concerned about the effect on his health.

Mine too, for that matter.

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

What do you mean?

On quick check,

Deaths in UK = 129,000

You answered your own question. 

• Haha 1