Contract signed for Thailand’s 20 million doses of Pfizer vaccine, delivery in Q4 this year

webfact

So does the US 500 million Pfizer donation to the world come before Thailand? I asked this question in another thread a while ago and no answer then. Anyone know anything? Thailand's dilly-dallying could have caused much larger delay's than they are presently letting on.

1 minute ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Give your crystal ball a rest. It's not just Thailand that has been destroyed. Many countries will not recover for decades. So it it doesn't have the blood thirsty ideological drama of the Khymer Rouge? It is still potentially more devastating..Thailand, like Cambodia is just being swept up into the ash cannof Chinese influence and after years of corona poverty, sickness and insecurity the people will have to be greatfull because NOBODY will be offering any other help or support least of all the wealthy military leadership...In future years movies could be made about this tragedy and the movie will be dramatic and shocking. This is a no turning point. Just like Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan..countries that permanently changed forever...

Once again, all your "evidence" if that is what it should be called, comes from the future. So maybe not a crystal ball, but a time machine is how you accessed it? Maybe you should try out your comparison on Cambodians who survived that horror. 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

How do you know? Pfizer, Moderna, Janssen, and AZ vaccines are still highly effective against Delta in slowing hospitalizations and reducing deaths.. You got evidence that they won't work against what's coming down the pike?

Check the latest world data, most recently from Israel or UK. Basically vaccines have limited use. The virus will be around for decades. The world will never recover. It's changed for ever.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Check the latest world data, most recently from Israel or UK. Basically vaccines have limited use. The virus will be around for decades. The world will never recover. It's changed for ever.

Check the mortality figures. It looks like with the vaccines the mortality rate is actually lower than what you might expect from a flu season. In fact, if Covid originally had the mortality rate it now has in countries that are the most highly vaccinated, it would never have been considered a threat in the first place. And keep in mind that countries like Israel and the UK still have quite a ways to go in getting the vast majority of their people properly vaccinated.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

'Nuff said.

Get back to us when you have the delivery schedule. 

Interesting that one party calls it a contract, and the other party calls it an agreement.

It only becomes a contract when the cash, or perhaps independently verified guarantees that the cash will be there, is put on the table.

Until it is a contract, and acknowledged as such by the manufacturer, then this 20 million belong with the other umpteen tens of millions of various vaccines which are expected, being procured, considered, promised and otherwise "on the way".

Of course it may just be a careless slip of the tongue, but I expect that any vaccine manufacturer is being remarkably precise, when placing any announcements on the record, when dealing with Thailand. They may be competitors of Astra Zeneca but I bet they talk to them!

• Like 1

Just now, The Hammer2021 said:

Did they actually survive? They never recaptured the beauty of the country. Thailand will never recover just as Afghanistan didn't. I have witnessed places permanently change for the worse. This is what I am witnessing now here in Thailand. I am not predicting a future but bearing witness to what is happening now. Open your eyes. Don't try and make me close mine. 

Unless you're claiiming that Cambodians are ghosts, yes, they actually survived. As for comparing Thailand to Afghanistan, did a powerful nation  also militarily invade Thailand and totally break down its society so that militant Buddhist fanatics took control of the country and then sheltered people who launched an attack on the United States that killed 4000 people and invited retribution? First Cambodia, now Afghanistan. You're really swinging for the bleachers, ain't ya?

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

How did they pull this off without 20 meeting of understanding, dozens of photoshoots and a trip to five star resorts in phuket / samui / ranong on the government plan from DMK?  Ah of course, yeah lockdown restrictions, amazing what motivates these people in the end to actually get shat done..

Edited by asiam110

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

It is also just as likely to be 1st October.   Why do you claim that it would it take "quite a while" to distribute the vaccine, why would it not be distributed as soon as FDA approval is granted (a few days)?   

What makes you think that Thailand, a tropical country, doesn't have cold storage facilites, do you think that vaccines that are currently being used don't need or get cold storage?

What makes me think?  Because I have been to Thailand 15 times.  Their infrastructure is suspect.  Even in the USA many hospitals did not have the required cold storage facilities either by basic features or size to support large scale storage or distribution. Many hospitals have very small refrigerator sized storage units at  best.  Hardly sufficient for millons of doses.  As for you saying it is as likely to be October 1st, well, that is your opinion.  I never said it is likely or not likely to be December 31.  I just said per the contract language, the contract could be satisfied if it arrives December 31

• Like 2

3 hours ago, placeholder said:

The Moderna vaccines also requires freezing and then refrigeration. The requirement for the Pfizer vaccine have been greatly eased. Now it has to be stored in a freezer at a range of -25C to -15C. A home freezer can do this. Then it can be stored up to a month in a refrigerator at 2C to 8C. 

I think you are overestimating the home freezer low temperature capability by quite a bit. 

1 minute ago, gk10012001 said:

I think you are overestimating the home freezer low temperature capability by quite a bit. 

I think not. Here's a link to a home chest freezer on sale at Homepro

It's rated at -24 to -18 degrees. And there are others for sale even more powerful.

https://www.homepro.co.th/p/1144400?lang=th&gclid=Cj0KCQjw6NmHBhD2ARIsAI3hrM25z7L6TNvBRkYbV6an1BdecLYcDoIOZdf2pIEnLhBk4zSO6OqrXB4aAk53EALw_wcB

3 hours ago, mommysboy said:

Astrazeneca is the 'good stuff'. Sinovac is good enough. Pfizer is 'good stuff' but not some magic elixir- it has its problems.

Sinovac is good stuff?ok, you and Liverpool Lou can have that.

AZ is good stuff? at 60% efficiency in comparison to Pfyser or Modrrna? Ok, i will drink whatever you drinking

• Haha 1

Post removed.

Posts denigrating and calling Chinese vaccines useless and referring to it with derogatory names have been removed.

Whilst it may be ineffective in certain cases (ie Delta strain) it is by no means useless.

At the end of the day this is a Thai government sponsored vaccine and the forum and or yourself can get in trouble for comments like this so stop it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

Apologies for quoting myself, but there is "a ray of hope", here: Two-thirds of India's population has Covid antibodies: ICMR's serosurvey

That does indeed seem like good news. I hate to be the bearer of some not good news however. It may have taken over 3 million deaths to get that far according to a new study just out.

India's true death toll during pandemic likely higher than 3 million, study finds

• Like 2

Ms Seifert must have had the patience of a Saint. The congratulations should go to her.

From the Govt's side 20 million doses seem like a token figure and probably not nearly enough considering the population and need to cover new variants.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Could be October, also,  but, if it is December it wouldn't be late, it would be on schedule.

It wouldn't be on schedule to the people that get sick and die from Covid 19  in December

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

That does indeed seem like good news. I hate to be the bearer of some not good news however. It may have taken over 3 million deaths to get that far according to a new study just out.

India's true death toll during pandemic likely higher than 3 million, study finds

Indeed, but to put it into prospective, this would translate, in Thailand, into about 200000 casualties for for all 3 onslaughts (including all the "deaths from infectious pneumonia" reported between Dec 2019 and March 2020). So, would this sound unreasonable in the current context?

My original remark concerning the "ray of hope" was that, if there were strong similarities between India and Thailand, with regards to the Delta variant, we would be past the peak of infections within six to eight weeks. Implies also that this peak would come with 20000 to 30000 daily cases, as one learned Thai doctor said yesterday.

I wonder just who will get the free Pfizer vaccines that the USA is sending to Thailand? The government, then the top military, then 

maybe the medical workers, and teachers?  Will the American expats in Thailand really get some shots as well?

I guess we all have to wait to see what actually happens when that shipment arrives. and it looks like if the fourth quarter

is started in October. Then it will likely be November before the expats will be getting their shots. Good Luck

Geezer

• Like 1

I would like to believe this BUT, all pigs fed and ready to fly.

Had a I put a pound on all the crazy ideas and lies this government have put out over the past 7 years, I would now be  a multi millionaire.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, law ling said:

Well done, finally! ... I just hope it's not too little too late.

It is. I think that you already know that. Too little, and too late. Oct/Nov/Dec (maybe?) how many more dead before then. 30,000+ in 2 months, ....then ....Pfizer? Until then, Thai people get...., more Sinovac on order that has no effect on Delta variant. Lambda variant coming soon.

• Confused 1