Non immigrant visas can be renewed up to three days in advance at Chaeng Wattana, says immigration

1 hour ago, tonray said:

Wasn't it possible to come in up to 30 days in advance already ?

I don't think this is for those on 12 month extensions - TBH I am not sure who this applies too - it could be those that are here on tempory visa's that were extended again last week - people who are supposed to be stranded and have been since last year 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Currently this does seem to be the case.

Let us hope so it has no following immigration offices to do same ????

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Denim said:

If they were so concerned they might have another try at fixing the glitches with online reporting and keeping it fixed. Currently seems to work for some people sometimes but for others not.

This topic is about extensions not 90 day reporting.

In Bangkok they are not done at Chaeng Wattana. The are done at the temporary office at Muang Thong Thani.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If the original rule had been "applications can be made up to 3 days prior" and was changed to "application can be made up to 45 days prior" ....then that would make LOT of sense. 

The reverse makes zero sense.

Yes! as it shall only becomes worse (the infections )for some time until it slow down (if ever ?)

Edited by david555

11 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If the original rule had been "applications can be made up to 3 days prior" and was changed to "application can be made up to 45 days prior" ....then that would make LOT of sense. 

The reverse makes zero sense.

I think this post gives some good reasons for why they did it.

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

1.  As said the window was 45 days in Bangkok. 

2.  This will provide a month or so of fewer applicants for extensions (as many have already done them).  But once that period of 30-45 days is over it will be of no use.

3.  There has been no change in 90 day reporting - even with an online system that has been offline and seems to reject a large number of people since working again.  People are not moving so any 20 year old justification for this process seems to be long gone - we report when we move. 

3 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Guess going to CW in August 2021 to renew extension is going to be extra crowded due to this 3 day limitation.

The 3 days might of ended by the time you do your extension.

They may have the online appointment site working by then and make them mandatory.

38 minutes ago, userabcd said:

Usually go to renew extension of stay about 30 days in advance at CW. Last year it took the usual 3 to 5 hours to submit my application and then on collection 30 days later for the renewal stamp it was about a 2 hour wait. CW then was crowded.

Guess going to CW in August 2021 to renew extension is going to be extra crowded due to this 3 day limitation.

Wow, what an ordeal!  At KK Immigration, I do my annual extension 30 days in advance like you, usually takes about 30 minutes, then IO hands to superior who approves it immediately and passport stamped, pre-dated for yearly extension date! Usually no more than an hour if you go at 08:30 a.m. ????