Non immigrant visas can be renewed up to three days in advance at Chaeng Wattana, says immigration

42 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 3 days might of ended by the time you do your extension.

They may have the online appointment site working by then and make them mandatory.

If this is temporary, and only until the new, and improved appointment system is up and running, that would be awesome.

I inferred the opposite. That an appointment system was never coming back, and this 3-day rule was permanent.

I'm hoping you are prescient, and correct.

An appointment system will give them all the control they need, and then hopefully, they'll allow appointments up to 30 (or 45) days in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, grandpa said:

Wow, what an ordeal!  At KK Immigration, I do my annual extension 30 days in advance like you, usually takes about 30 minutes, then IO hands to superior who approves it immediately and passport stamped, pre-dated for yearly extension date! Usually no more than an hour if you go at 08:30 a.m. ????

Different types of extension - Thai Wife always has a 30 day wait for approval as requires reginal level reviews.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I think this post gives some good reasons for why they did it.

Last month I made an online Appointment for nonO-A extension for August 3rd with my current extension expiring August 17th. Typically, I go in 2 weeks ahead of the deadline. I've not receive any notice that my appointment has been canceled. 

Does this announcement void my appointment and/or rejected when I appear for my appointment?

4 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Last month I made an online Appointment for nonO-A extension for August 3rd with my current extension expiring August 17th. Typically, I go in 2 weeks ahead of the deadline. I've not receive any notice that my appointment has been canceled. 

Does this announcement void my appointment and/or rejected when I appear for my appointment?

That is not clear but I would make a new reservation with the 3 day rule in mind.  Would not be nice to appear and be told not allowed.

12 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

That is not clear but I would make a new reservation with the 3 day rule in mind.  Would not be nice to appear and be told not allowed.

Would not be nice to not tell me my appointment has been canceled. Friends to drive me 40kms. to CW. Note that August 3rd is a Tuesday. So 3 days would be 12, 13, and 17?

15 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

but I would make a new reservation with the 3 day rule in mind. 

The appointment system is of course down, so making any appointment will be challenging.

22 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Personally, I'd abide by the announcement which supersedes the appointment and go within the new three day window, but, as they say somewhere, it's up to you. Give it go, then let us know what happens.

6 hours ago, tonray said:

How is limiting the time before renewal going to prevent crowding ?

I think it's the same principle used here when they lengthen the time for green traffic lights so more people can go through.

10 minutes ago, arick said:

You can renew your visa up to 30 days before so what is this about 

What this is about is that you can no longer extend your visa 30 days from its expiration. You must extend over a three day window only.

3 minutes ago, John Drake said:

What this is about is that you can no longer extend your visa 30 days from its expiration. You must extend over a three day window only.

Thank god! I am not renewing in Bangkok I get the Farang Royal treatment soon as they see me park my vehicle... I feel sorry for the other farangs told to step aside. 

1 minute ago, arick said:

Thank god! I am not renewing in Bangkok I get the Farang Royal treatment soon as they see me park my vehicle... I feel sorry for the other farangs told to step aside. 

Then, indeed, this does not apply to you, arick. Apparently the rule is only in place for Chaengwattana. You are fortunate.

At Jomtien they have always used walk in and just restricted the nos of cases per day. They have never used an appointment system. They allow 30 days in advance applications for marriage visas to allow time for HQ to approve. It has often taken longer. If they restricted applications to 3 days before and still needed more than 30 days for HQ to turn round then all applications would be on overstay unless the under consideration is deemed compliance. If HQ refused an application after the renewal date then the applicant could be liable for arrest as there is no time to correct anything. I hope Jomtien refusing to use the appointment system means they will never restrict applications to anything less than 30 days

2 minutes ago, John Drake said:

Then, indeed, this does not apply to you, arick. Apparently the rule is only in place for Chaengwattana. You are fortunate.

They have introduced the appointment online website everywhere though. 

21 minutes ago, arick said:

They have introduced the appointment online website everywhere though. 

They have not made it country wide.

As far as I now there are only about 3 offices (Bangkok has more than one office on their site that are in the province) that have appointments.

13 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They have not made it country wide.

As far as I now there are only about 3 offices (Bangkok has more than one office on their site that are in the province) that have appointments.

Chiayaphum and Khon kaen have the app to make appointments. If Chiayaphum has it I would imagine many more provinces. Chiayaphum has a fairly new young policeman IT literate.  He is from Korat. 

They don't even need an appointment system: do it by starting letter of surname

A-G: can go 1st thru 6th

H-N: 7th thru 12th

etc etc etc 

or some other arbitrary means that would help distribute the load

1 hour ago, arick said:

Chiayaphum and Khon kaen have the app to make appointments.

Yes, I see Chaiyaphum has an online appointment eBooking system.

Looks home-grown - which is fine, but I can't get into it so no clue if it is associated with any larger systems?

Didn't see anything on the KK Imm website, but it's a funky site, could be there somewhere.

9 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

Yes, I see Chaiyaphum has an online appointment eBooking system.

Looks home-grown - which is fine, but I can't get into it so no clue if it is associated with any larger systems?

Didn't see anything on the KK Imm website, but it's a funky site, could be there somewhere.

Look for the ebooking system on their website.. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2021 at 3:10 PM, Srikcir said:

Did you go for your appointment yesterday, and if so, did they accept it?

I need to do my yearly Non-O (Family) visa extension in the beginning of September in Chaeng Wattana. Normally I would be going in the first half of August (so without his whole Covid-situation I would be going next week). 

Now I am a bit confused. Should I simply wait until it is 3 days to the expiry date? Or could I make a booking for next week (I have never used a possible booking system for Chaeng Wattana)? Or is it a combination of both (=booking 3 days before expiration)?

Does anyone have any recent experiences? Any recommendations?  

22 minutes ago, depe said:

Now I am a bit confused. Should I simply wait until it is 3 days to the expiry date? Or could I make a booking for next week (I have never used a possible booking system for Chaeng Wattana)? Or is it a combination of both (=booking 3 days before expiration)?

You cannot get a appointment now since immigrations website for them has been down since June 24th.

That is the reason they are wanting people do their extensions of stay application no more than 3 days early.

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You cannot get a appointment now since immigrations website for them has been down since June 24th.

That is the reason they are wanting people do their extensions of stay application no more than 3 days early.

Thanks ubonjoe! I will wait then until it is 3 days. I rechecked my expiration day, and it is actually in the end of September. There is still plenty of time to change the rules (again), or possibly fix the online booking system...