Thailand to accelerate vaccine rollout to all foreigners aged over 60

webfact

1 minute ago, onekoolguy said:

I kind of agree, but wonder if it will be ok to take Moderna or other more effective vaccines on top of the Sinovac?

I suppose that is something to consult with a physician on. I see here on TVF and elsewhere claims that a "booster" of sorts is okay 90 days after last vaccination. But, yes, I would surely look for an authoritative answer before taking the second shot. I just hate to think of someone completely unprotected for the next six months or more, waiting for Moderna.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, atpeace said:

No issue mixing shots?

That's what they are offering here in Hua Hin. The problem now is that Since 9 July the Que is at around 3200 and has not moved as of last night? I'm at 10,900+ .

I guess they just are not getting any vaccine here?

5 hours ago, George Bowman said:

The local hospital out here in the boonies has started vaccinating people over the age of 60. Since I’m over that threshold,  yesterday I decided to see if I could receive whatever vaccine. Basically, the officials said they were not allowed to vaccinate anyone other than Thais, but I could ask the Phitsanulok provincial authorities if they would give permission. 

Unfortunately, they also said no and then offered some advice on how to proceed. It was then explained that as a ‘farang’ I could pay for the vaccine from a private hospital sometime in the future. Furthermore, they said the blame for no available vaccine was really America’s fault. Why? When the US government donated the 1.5 million doses of the vaccine to Thailand, they did not stipulate that any was to be given to American citizens...

I received my first AstraZeneca shot in Ban Chang, Rayong due to having my "pink" id card which if you have a yellow house book you can get. I'm 67. I registered with the hospital first using the pink card and not my passport. They sent me a message via Line when to come get the shot. 

• Thanks 1

Can anyone tell me what the "seven underlying health conditions" are?

I am healthy and if I don't have any of those does it mean i can refuse this experimental "mRNA vaccine"

Prophylactic Gene Therapy?

I do have my own immune system, thank you very much.

Edited by Strongheart

18 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

I kind of agree, but wonder if it will be ok to take Moderna or other more effective vaccines on top of the Sinovac?

Mixing and matching is actually a practice that authorities elsewhere are promoting for extra protection. 

5 hours ago, George Bowman said:

Furthermore, they said the blame for no available vaccine was really America’s fault. Why? When the US government donated the 1.5 million doses of the vaccine to Thailand, they did not stipulate that any was to be given to American citizens...

I remember reading that the 1.5m doses donation to Thailand was with the condition that 20% was for foreigners.

Perhaps you'd like to send a memo to Capital Hill.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spock said:

Mixing and matching is actually a practice that authorities elsewhere are promoting for extra protection. 

Wrong!!! "Mixing and Matching" is not accepted as a valid vaccination by many Countries like the US and Canada.

I just had my wife call Hua Hin Hospital and check on availability to get vaccine of any kind. She was told that there has been no vaccine this month yet and no idea when any will be available. Also it makes no difference how old we are the que remains the same for all.  So not the same for all areas of Thailand.

12 minutes ago, Strongheart said:

Can anyone tell me what the "seven underlying health conditions" are?

I am healthy and if I don't have any of those does it mean i can refuse this experimental "mRNA vaccine"

Prophylactic Gene Therapy?

I do have my own immune system, thank you very much.

Don't worry, Superman, plenty of people will step in and take the vaccine if you don't want it. 

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

I have paid for Moderna but who knows when that will be available?

Or, IF it will be available.  From a recent BP article:

”Not all people who have booked, and paid for, the Moderna Covid-19 vaccine from private hospitals will get all their shots since an allotment system will apply, according to the chairman of the Private Hospitals Association.”

More by googling moderna thailand…

• Thanks 1

Just now, newnative said:

Where are you getting 20 January?  The article I read says 20 July.

Check the time of my post.....did you see the OP then? No I thought not. I did not edit within my quote, it is not permitted.

5 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

Other friends went to BIG C where there was a Registration Center and got listed there without any problems providing they had a document with a Thai ID number (Yellow Book, Pink Card or Hospital Registration Card).   It is only in the last week or so that people have said one can now register with just a Passport.

You could register at Big C if you were over 60, with just a passport two months ago, (Big C Hang Dong/Mae Hia)  People with a Thai ID got an appointment date, those with just a passport, got registered, told they  would be contacted by phone & E Mail. Late July or early August was the expected vaccination date, told to us at that time. Two other people that I know, beside myself, registered in this way, with passports. None of us has received a notification of any type from this sign up. 

I would comment but it likely would be considered,  immoderate.  

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why not just open it up to all adults to get vaccinated.  Many under 60 seem to be getting infected and even dying.  Yet it was important to vaccinate those under 60 in the Sandbox and the Samui+ locales.  Boggles the mind actually, and yes I know that those over 60 are high risk but so are those under 60 that have underlying conditions that this registration leaves out.

If only they had enough vaccines to do it.

The way this announcement was published makes it look careless and sloppy.  If a letter is 6 months old, but Asean Now considers is newsworthy on 22 July, they should clearly state why this is relevant today.

Edited by richthai
Spelling correction
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why not just open it up to all adults to get vaccinated.  Many under 60 seem to be getting infected and even dying.  Yet it was important to vaccinate those under 60 in the Sandbox and the Samui+ locales.  Boggles the mind actually, and yes I know that those over 60 are high risk but so are those under 60 that have underlying conditions that this registration leaves out.

Because then they would have even more reason to admit they dont have enough vaccine ????

1 hour ago, onekoolguy said:

China are about to approve Pfizer and manufacture it locally.

Intention is to use it as a booster.

Not a medico but as Moderna and Pfizer are both MRNA based I suspect that Moderna will also be a good booster.

https://thediplomat.com/2021/07/report-china-plans-biontech-booster-for-its-population/

6 hours ago, George Bowman said:

The local hospital out here in the boonies has started vaccinating people over the age of 60. Since I’m over that threshold,  yesterday I decided to see if I could receive whatever vaccine. Basically, the officials said they were not allowed to vaccinate anyone other than Thais, but I could ask the Phitsanulok provincial authorities if they would give permission. 

Unfortunately, they also said no and then offered some advice on how to proceed. It was then explained that as a ‘farang’ I could pay for the vaccine from a private hospital sometime in the future. Furthermore, they said the blame for no available vaccine was really America’s fault. Why? When the US government donated the 1.5 million doses of the vaccine to Thailand, they did not stipulate that any was to be given to American citizens...

You can get vaccinated in BBK if you want AZ

Edited by AussieinThaiJim
Reduced visibility