Thailand to accelerate vaccine rollout to all foreigners aged over 60

webfact

This sounds like a reminder of responsibilities that all rules include foreigners. But when one is dealing with a lack of vaccines, organizational resources, and a collective basic  reluctance to do something, then it is very difficult to see anything positive happening.

Getting jabbed in the provinces is likely to be a lottery where the odds are not good.  Anyone who does get the chance, and then doesn't turn up or refuses a particular vaccine needs their brains tested imo.

Edited by mommysboy
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Yes I am sitting here just wondering what everyone is talking about----because I was reading July......

Really the Mods should have stepped in and said something or this would have just carried on.

Mods reset to start again....PLEASE

It has been edited since I first read it......Admin can do that without leaving a record. Just a correction.

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Read again : , didn't you see the comma sign after 60     meaning those with underlying conditions are already in the group

"The three groups who should be vaccinated against Covid-19 immediately are the over 60s,  people with seven underlying health conditions and pregnant women. "

Guess I misread that, sorry for the mistake.  Still those under 60 and without medical conditions are getting infected, and the disease is killing them as well.  Vaccinate everyone, but they can not because they have failed to obtain vaccines in the appropriate number.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

You're probably far safer to sit tight at home. Even the the journey to and from Bangkok is potentially more hazardous staying home and following the preventative rules.

Yes I tend to agree, my risk of exposure here is next to nil as I stay in all day. However, I do really want to be fully vaccinated. Going to have to think about this.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Guess I misread that, sorry for the mistake.  Still those under 60 and without medical conditions are getting infected, and the disease is killing them as well.  Vaccinate everyone, but they can not because they have failed to obtain vaccines in the appropriate number.

It's a matter of priorities....especially with poorly planned limited resources.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Denim said:

And will get vaccinated next year.

Wow anything could happen tomorrow, let alone next year. What a complete shambles and for the Thais as well and many of us have Thai families!!

Age, Nationality, medical conditions and what color shirt you are wearing today is a smoke screen for the total failure to secure enough quality vaccines 6 months ago. Just need the clown cars and popcorn to watch the big tent burn down!

Edited by Moonfire
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

why are so many repeating January when quite clearly it says JULY 20

“…The letter dated 20th July is from MoPH official Kiatphoom Wongjarit…”

So this Tuesday week.

it also said this was sent to all Provincial and ministrations expanding on Bangkok.

”… A letter issued by the Ministry of Public Health on Tuesday has told all provincial health staff throughout Thailand to vaccinate all people in three high risk groups.

Edited by animatic

Just now, brommers said:

Strange. The article says the letter was dated 20 July!

Try reading the whole thread or even recent posts - the article has been corrected since originally posted.

• Like 2

I hope the world will remember this, when they book the next holiday.

Do not travel to Thailand because we are not welcome and not treated far.

They only use foreigners. Look all the foreign teachers, they did not get vaccinated yet.

Total discrimination.

• Like 1

I am in Hua Hin and was scheduled to get my first dose of AZ at HH hospital 9 July. They did not cancel but let us show up and eventually told us there was no vaccine.

Since I am over 70 with High Blood pressure they told me to check back on the facebook site and issued me a new que number of 10,900 plus. Now instead of getting AZ vaccine they are giving Sinovac! So looks like a very long wait to get a not so good vaccine?

I have paid for Moderna but who knows when that will be available?

• Like 1

Just now, John Drake said:

With your situation, take what you can get when you can get it. It's that or go completely unprotected. I would not reject Sinovac if that is all there is.

I kind of agree, but wonder if it will be ok to take Moderna or other more effective vaccines on top of the Sinovac?

12 minutes ago, TheFishman1 said:

I registered months ago on the Chiang Mai wall everything was excepted then sent me a long number to use but I never heard anything about where when and how I can get vaccinated in Chiang Mai unbelievable TIT

There is info saying that the Chiang Mai wall registration is two stages.  After you get the 13 digit number you need to go to another page on the website and give more info. Pm me and I’ll try to help you out 

• Like 1