Thailand to accelerate vaccine rollout to all foreigners aged over 60

webfact

40 minutes ago, Shocked farang said:

Sorry to tell you the truth but in such dire conditions as Thailand, you are not in a position to choose vaccines. Just take whatever is available at the moment and figure out something else in the future. Sinovac by the way is a great vaccine with a good track record and has been approved by the WHO. 

It is such a good vaccine that after 6 weeks the effectiveness is 50 % or less and who knows what will happen if you start mixing. 1 AZ and a booster of an mRna?? I wondering what you do with your health if you mix so much

5 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Canada is mix and matching with az and Pfizer/Moderna. 

https://beta.ctvnews.ca/national/coronavirus/2021/7/13/1_5507376.html

From your link:

We are in a data-free, evidence-free zone as far as mix and match. There is limited data on mix and match,” she said, cautioning that it could become a “chaotic situation” in countries where citizens decide to take “a second, or a third, or a fourth dose.”

You are referring go a political recommendation. In the "First Post nation State" this might fly for now but my relatives in Canada told me recently they are not allowed to enter the US with a mix & match vaccine.

1 minute ago, CANSIAM said:

Most countries will consider you not fully vaccinated with the Sinovac/AZ mix, more importantly the W.H.O. is not recommending the mix as of yet.  Mr. Anutin and his clan says its ok, ( we have to try something ) choice is yours......... 

Many thanks for your reply. I thought this was the case and you confirmed it. I shall wait for Moderna then. I know it will be a long wait but being in the countryside, I hopefully will be okay. 

7 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Why not just open it up to all adults to get vaccinated.  Many under 60 seem to be getting infected and even dying.  Yet it was important to vaccinate those under 60 in the Sandbox and the Samui+ locales.  Boggles the mind actually, and yes I know that those over 60 are high risk but so are those under 60 that have underlying conditions that this registration leaves out.

Lack of planning from the "get go"

2 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Most countries will consider you not fully vaccinated with the Sinovac/AZ mix, more importantly the W.H.O. is not recommending the mix as of yet.  Mr. Anutin and his clan says its ok, ( we have to try something ) choice is yours......... 

This is the case for Australia (and several other countries)  When eventually vaccine passports are required for non-quarantine travel, I would not be exempted with Sinovac.  It is pointless to get Sinovac for me.  I need to be able to affordably and conveniently travel again.  

Why wasn't Sinovac endorsed?  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Strongheart said:

From your link:

We are in a data-free, evidence-free zone as far as mix and match. There is limited data on mix and match,” she said, cautioning that it could become a “chaotic situation” in countries where citizens decide to take “a second, or a third, or a fourth dose.”

You are referring go a political recommendation. In the "First Post nation State" this might fly for now but my relatives in Canada told me recently they are not allowed to enter the US with a mix & match vaccine.

None the less you are wrong. 

Canada is mixing vaccines. 

4 minutes ago, aussienam said:

This is the case for Australia (and several other countries)  When eventually vaccine passports are required for non-quarantine travel, I would not be exempted with Sinovac.  It is pointless to get Sinovac for me.  I need to be able to affordably and conveniently travel again.  

Why wasn't Sinovac endorsed?  

But even more to the point about this is, what has changed to say that over 60s can now have Sinovac? Originally it was a no no!! I appreciate there is now an excess of Sinovac as everyone else is refusing it,but that is not grounds to suddenly say it is okay for over 60s. This is really becoming a huge quagmire.

Edited by worrab
Punctuation

8 hours ago, webfact said:

An ASEAN NOW reporter of that age successfully registered in minutes. 

Yo editorial. Don't cha think it would be a good idea for that reporter to tell us WHERE they "registered in minutes"?

How's that SANDBOX going for you Thailand?

Well worth getting all those people Vaxinated there right?

The scale of incompetence is astonishing.

Its quite obvious those who are pretending to be in charge have absolutely no idea or SHAME..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, George Bowman said:

The local hospital out here in the boonies has started vaccinating people over the age of 60. Since I’m over that threshold,  yesterday I decided to see if I could receive whatever vaccine. Basically, the officials said they were not allowed to vaccinate anyone other than Thais, but I could ask the Phitsanulok provincial authorities if they would give permission. 

Unfortunately, they also said no and then offered some advice on how to proceed. It was then explained that as a ‘farang’ I could pay for the vaccine from a private hospital sometime in the future. Furthermore, they said the blame for no available vaccine was really America’s fault. Why? When the US government donated the 1.5 million doses of the vaccine to Thailand, they did not stipulate that any was to be given to American citizens...

Donated free vaccine and they dare say you get none. The audacity 

Checking the Facebook page again for Hua Hin Hospital. It looks like they are getting some vaccine in as the line has gone from around 3200 to 7396 since 9 July. It is Sinovac for the 1st and AZ for the 2nd. No preference for over 60. Just going by assigned number as per registration.

Good to see that they are getting some vaccine. 

I’m not sure if this is important but I’m living in Samui, I’m over 60 and I got vaccinated with AZ Last month.

I left Bangkok in January 2021 to escape the covid and moved to Samui.  Seems like I made the right decision.  I realize that not just everyone can pick up and go but when your health is on the line, it’s the cheapest form of insurance you can possible buy.  Sometimes it just doesn’t pay to fight but to RUN AWAY!

Especially if you completely vulnerable without any defenses.

BTW, I love Samui 

• Like 1

The local hospital out here in the boonies has started vaccinating people over the age of 60. Since I’m over that threshold,  yesterday I decided to see if I could receive whatever vaccine. Basically, the officials said they were not allowed to vaccinate anyone other than Thais, but I could ask the Phitsanulok provincial authorities if they would give permission. 

Unfortunately, they also said no and then offered some advice on how to proceed. It was then explained that as a ‘farang’ I could pay for the vaccine from a private hospital sometime in the future. Furthermore, they said the blame for no available vaccine was really America’s fault. Why? When the US government donated the 1.5 million doses of the vaccine to Thailand, they did not stipulate that any was to be given to American citizens...

Same Sukhothai I'm told they will contact me in September or October but I'm not holding my breath because they didn't mention the year. ????????????

7 minutes ago, Mister MXYZPTLK said:

I’m not sure if this is important but I’m living in Samui, I’m over 60 and I got vaccinated with AZ Last month.

I left Bangkok in January 2021 to escape the covid and moved to Samui.  Seems like I made the right decision.  I realize that not just everyone can pick up and go but when your health is on the line, it’s the cheapest form of insurance you can possible buy.  Sometimes it just doesn’t pay to fight but to RUN AWAY!

Especially if you completely vulnerable without any defenses.

BTW, I love Samui 

Good call.  How do you find living in Samui so far?

Edited by TimBKK

Show them this. Clearly says, "including foreign nationals."
image.png.424cd0dacfcce7e9d81ebdcb4ba66987.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Anyone knows what they will give you??? Sinovac or Astra?

My 70 yr old buddy went and they wanted to give him AstraZ, but due to him having Liver problems for many years asked for Sinovac (to avoid possible clotting problem).  They gave him Sinovac...

7 hours ago, grain said:

I sent an email to Korat Regional Health office....no answer.

I tried to register with local health officer. Got told I'm a foreigner and go talk with my embassy if I want a vaccine.

Asked at Srinakarin Khon Kaen and got told a big fat lie, that they didn't have any vaccines, and all the time they were vaccinating Thais at Central World.

So forget anything regional. Only chance I have to be vaccinated is in BKK. I have appointment at MedPark on August 7, but have to drive to BKK, take a risk of catching covid by entering a dark red zone, and face the risk of having to do covid tests or quarantine returning from BKK. 

Go talk to your Embassy? Good luck with finding someone who cares by following that path. I do hope you get your Medpark appointment. Every successful vaccination completed is one more done and one closer to when I can line up for mine. Once we have the vaccines administered hopefully we might start turning the Covid corner. I'm sure the vaccine boffins will have to tweak the vaccines over time until humanity finally gets on top of it.

51 minutes ago, aussienam said:

For the Aussie expats here:  I know that there is AZ expiring on the shelves in Australia because citizens there were basically scared off from taking it unless they were over 50, then changed to over 60.  Most are waiting for Pfizer.  

In the meantime, those of us not spoilt for choice and without the luxury of relatively low numbers, face a higher chance of death or suffering long term disability from COVID illness.  

Why doesn't the Australian government express deliver unwanted vaccines near expiry overseas to vaccinate Aussie expats?  It would prevent inevitable deaths.  Some of us will die without the vaccine (yes some of us on this forum may be dead from COVID including me) .  There is no doubt.  The Australian Embassy here in Thailand could help prevent that.  We are sitting ducks at the end of a very long queue.  

The recent AZ vaccines provided last Sunday was very limited in number and only a token gesture. Most of us missed out.  

Expats from other countries with oversupply of vaccines should also be getting help this way.  

Channel 9 News reported that Australia is exporting 600,000 doses to Pacific countries, 2.5 million to Indonesia & 1.5 million to Vietnam. 

image.png.c198789203e1d76b89f4a7511ef831f8.png

Yet Australia is lagging behind quite a lot in the vaccination stakes.

5 hours ago, Chris.B said:

"It applied to residents of the capital and surrounding areas."

How about foreigners upcountry? What are they supposed to do? ☹️☹️

Fly to the USA. free vaccines everywhere  any citizenship 7AB970FF-1AEE-4785-A88F-8472289DA4A3.thumb.png.f16c2bbce4cad564b4f97339e6296f32.png