Thailand to accelerate vaccine rollout to all foreigners aged over 60

webfact

My Thai wife living in Belgium will receive her second shot of Pfizer next week. She's not even in a risk group, but she was invited by authorities without asking for it. And all this is free of charge. Priorities seem to be different. Health of the population vs. pocket lining.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The three groups who should be vaccinated against Covid-19 immediately are the over 60s, people with seven underlying health conditions and pregnant women. 

The letter dated 20th July is from MoPH official Kiatphoom Wongjarit. 

At the end of the letter is says that this order applies to foreigners too, reported PPTV36

I copied from the title page, showing 20th July, not 20th January, or did I miss something ??

3 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Canada has been giving a combination of AZ and Moderna with effective results. This was approved by the government. 

International arrivals to Canada - to bypass mandatory quarantine a full sequence of Moderna, Pfizer, AZ, or the single JJ accepted, nothing written yet on the mixed vaccine certificate on arrival.....AZ/Moderna a safe bet I assume......

8 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I was registered at least 3 months ago and I didn't have to go searching for it, they came to my door!

Had AZ1 in June and going back for AZ2 next month. Clearly someone in our district read the bottom line.

I had AZ in June too. No problems, just walked into the local hospital. Job done.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

I am wondering if there are long term effects if your first shot is Sinovac, than a Astra and another booster of Pfizer/Moderna or Novavax.  I don't think that mixing all kind of vaccines is good for your health. So better wait for Astra/Pfizer or Astra/Moderna Thatis used already with no side effects

You dont need to be a rocket scientist to know mixing a weak  Sinovac with AZ is not a good idea

Edited by club
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, billsmart said:

About .1%, but more to the point, about 95.5% less than if they hadn't had the jabs...

(These are my "guesstimates," not anything taken from any official sources.)

Agreed, 2 jabs of AZ would 90% protection against the Delta strain. Don't know why Thai government is letting people in Sandbox with just one jab?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

A post with a link to the Bangkok Post has been removed:

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on ASEANNOW.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not ASEANNOW.com

In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

So back to the topic 

Does anyone have plans to attend SCG and attempt to obtain AZ vaccine.

In some places it mentions "register" in others refers to "walk ins" 

Any links for registration?.

Based on last Sunday dismal effort where number of vaccines was a token it's hard to have lot of faith

10 hours ago, George Bowman said:

The local hospital out here in the boonies has started vaccinating people over the age of 60. Since I’m over that threshold,  yesterday I decided to see if I could receive whatever vaccine. Basically, the officials said they were not allowed to vaccinate anyone other than Thais, but I could ask the Phitsanulok provincial authorities if they would give permission. 

Unfortunately, they also said no and then offered some advice on how to proceed. It was then explained that as a ‘farang’ I could pay for the vaccine from a private hospital sometime in the future. Furthermore, they said the blame for no available vaccine was really America’s fault. Why? When the US government donated the 1.5 million doses of the vaccine to Thailand, they did not stipulate that any was to be given to American citizens...

Useless.  Sorry you had to waist so much time.

Just now, DrJack54 said:

So back to the topic 

Does anyone have plans to attend SCG and attempt to obtain AZ vaccine.

In some places it mentions "register" in others refers to "walk ins" 

Any links for registration?.

Based on last Sunday dismal effort where number of vaccines was a token it's hard to have lot of faith

These vaccine centers look like a place for a Super spreader event.

The vaccines will probably be the practically useless Sinovac.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, brucec64 said:

Sinovac/Astra will not be accepted because sinovac is not approved in canada, and most likely never will.

Sinovac isn't approved in many nations.  The list is growing longer.

A post commenting on moderation regarding forum rule 26 has been removed.  

10) Do not comment on moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. This also includes posting a negative emoticon in response to a public notice made by a moderator. 

You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) ASEANNOW.com to discuss moderation policy.

1 hour ago, brucec64 said:

Canada has been giving a combination of AZ and Moderna with effective results. This was approved by the government. 

Norway is also mixing vaccines now. First jab Pfizer and second jab Moderna. This so that as many as possible can be vaccinated in the shortest possible time. 

Norway have earlier rejected both the AZ and Johnsson vaccines.

Edited by godonnet

17 minutes ago, godonnet said:

Norway is also mixing vaccines now. First jab Pfizer and second jab Moderna. This so that as many as possible can be vaccinated in the shortest possible time. 

Norway have earlier rejected both the AZ and Johnsson vaccines.

That's one of the reasons canada went with an Astra/Moderna approach. Earlier on there were vaccine supply issues, but once the Astra risks (even though small) and higher Moderna efficacy rates were identified, they switched to the hybrid approach.

• Like 1

the topic is Thailand to accelerate vaccine rollout to all foreigners aged over 60        So all you people living or managed to get back to your home countries. We do not want to know what your wife or partner or yourself got jabs of.

This is a Thailand vaccine subject. Also when you say you have had your first or 2nd jab please confirm what sort and where you got it and also if you are a Thai. If you are a Thai your jab is not relevant to this Thread. Thank you.

Edited by Scott

They is model from the uk to amercia about getting the jabs to everyone.they open many stadiums and public spaces.Thailand could follow that way to spread the jabs.My friend in udon said a jab cost 3500 for 1.I thought it was for 2,anyway she is not paying that to be jabed,A pharmacy is charging that much from what I,am told.Lets hope they sort out the issue for thailand

9 hours ago, Strongheart said:

Can anyone tell me what the "seven underlying health conditions" are?

I am healthy and if I don't have any of those does it mean i can refuse this experimental "mRNA vaccine"

Prophylactic Gene Therapy?

I do have my own immune system, thank you very much.

So did the millions of people who have died or been hospitalised

14 hours ago, trainman34014 said:

In Chiang Mai and area's around it Farang have been able to register right from the start and large numbers of us who did register early on have had a least one shot of AZ.   Naturally some people will fall through the net for various reasons but i think the main reason is confusion about how and where they should register, which has never really been made clear to Patients or Staff, the usual 'right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing' approach to just about everything that needs proper 'organisation' in this country.   An example of this was when i registered on the 'Mor Por' telephone line and the Lady who i spoke to was very helpful and spoke good English; registered me with the number from my Yellow Book (Thai ID Number) and Local Hospital Registration Card (same number) and gave me an appointment date for first jab.    I passed on this information to a friend who wanted to register just 15 minutes later and he got a Woman on the line who spoke almost no English but enough to tell him 'Oh no; Farang not allowed to register yet ', so this just shows how well the Staff are informed/trained to know what they are supposed to be doing.   Other friends went to BIG C where there was a Registration Center and got listed there without any problems providing they had a document with a Thai ID number (Yellow Book, Pink Card or Hospital Registration Card).   It is only in the last week or so that people have said one can now register with just a Passport.

Re "large numbers of us who did register early on have had a least one shot of AZ."
The numbers cannot be very large. Only 1.3% of the people in Chiang Mai have been vaccinated, and the queue has nearly 300,000 people on it. No-one I know has been vaccinated (unless they got it though their work).

Re "It is only in the last week or so that people have said one can now register with just a Passport."
Not true ... I and others I know registered two months ago using just our passports.