TrueMoney wallet: all of a sudden a passport is not good enough?

6 minutes ago, YT3k72Em said:

After adding them on LINE you can do a video chat and show them your docs.

I've got the QR and added them as a friend, are you supposed to call them or do they call you?

I've been waiting for an appointment time for 4 days (they say 3 business days) ???? 

6 minutes ago, YT3k72Em said:

An update in case anyone still wants to do the verification.  They have now added English options to the voice menu on 1240.  After calling they'll send you an email with a link to a QR code for LINE.

After adding them on LINE you can do a video chat and show them your docs. When it's complete they'll tell you to never use LINE to contact them again! 

Then you will be informed that you now have the ability to send money to friends and family in Myanmar or Cambodia.  Yep, they've gone inter.

If you don't complete verification by 31st August you will be blocked (or restricted?)

I still receive this even though my account says verified, they say ignore it

Screenshot_2021-08-25-17-32-34-733_th.co.truemoney.wallet.jpg

6 hours ago, Crossy said:

I've got the QR and added them as a friend, are you supposed to call them or do they call you?

I've been waiting for an appointment time for 4 days (they say 3 business days) ???? 

I just used LINE chat to them and said I'm ready to do verification, and they replied after a few minutes.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, YT3k72Em said:

I just used LINE chat to them and said I'm ready to do verification, and they replied after a few minutes.

Thanks I'll try that, their email definitely says they will contact you, but they haven't yet.

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Thanks I'll try that, their email definitely says they will contact you, but they haven't yet.

they took a few days for me, said they were very busy, if you have the Line set up just wait a couple more days, if no Line yet, maybe message them on their app help

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

they took a few days for me, said they were very busy, if you have the Line set up just wait a couple more days, if no Line yet, maybe message them on their app help

It's all set up and waiting ???? 

There's only 80 Baht in the wallet so no great loss if they do shut me down, but it's a handy app for paying in the Seven.

13 minutes ago, Crossy said:

It's all set up and waiting ???? 

There's only 80 Baht in the wallet so no great loss if they do shut me down, but it's a handy app for paying in the Seven.

I'm down to 6 baht, make sure mine is still working after deadline before i top up again

• Like 1

You'll find out later that you won't be able to use your foreign credit card at all. Truemoney Wallet was a boon as I could pay at 7-11 using my foreign CC.

I just had a conversation with their customer support as the application keeps rejecting my new credit card as the old got one expired. I told them that my new CC requires authentication by my bank and the application no longer gives me the option to do that. The CS replied and insisted that it's the new policy in Thailand, no foreign credit card allowed in TrueMoney Wallet anymore. I asked who implemented such policy, the CS answered that it is the Bank of Thailand.

Go figure if that's true or not but well, I'm stopping TrueMoney Wallet altogether.

• Thanks 2

On 8/26/2021 at 12:00 AM, YT3k72Em said:

Yes, I messaged them on their Line address they sent and a nice lady took about 60 seconds to verify it was me on video chat.

Got the "KYC completed, do not used this chat for normal contact" message. Hopefully it will continue to work.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:12 PM, Ohyesuare said:

Got this SMS:

Before your TrueMoney Wallet is disabled, please verify yourself before 31 Aug 21.Apologize if you have already verified yourself with us. https://tmn.app.link/e/SMSWFOT

So, it is already September 1, and 2 a.m. My Truemoney account still exist. Maybe suspended later office hours? I could not provide a work permit or driver's license for KYC. Maybe it's just a scare tactic to push everyone to comply. Anyway, I already bought a new sim for a new Truemoney account (It will be named after my wife who has all requirements). I will get new account once they suspend my account.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andreitt said:

So, it is already September 1, and 2 a.m. My Truemoney account still exist. Maybe suspended later office hours? I could not provide a work permit or driver's license for KYC. Maybe it's just a scare tactic to push everyone to comply. Anyway, I already bought a new sim for a new Truemoney account (It will be named after my wife who has all requirements). I will get new account once they suspend my account.

I was thinking it might be a scare tactic or they'll just disable sending money internationally since that's what seems to have triggered all this <deleted>. I deleted the app anyway but if people say it's still working at 711 which is all I used it for, I might reinstall it.

• 1 month later...