TrueMoney wallet: all of a sudden a passport is not good enough?

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Received an SMS as well. I'm guessing they are purposely not giving you the date and will just lock you out and keep the remaining funds

I got the SMS as well, I only have a tourist (elite) visa, so not sure I can comply with their documentation requirements. Would love to learn if other in the same situation has gotten verified (I do own a condo, which at least in one case was useful when a bank wanted “additional documents”).

The lack of deadline might be because they themselves have not received a deadline, but simply been warned by BoT that they need to improve their KYC procedures because too many of their transactions are by “unknown individuals”.

10 minutes ago, lkn said:

I got the SMS as well, I only have a tourist (elite) visa, so not sure I can comply with their documentation requirements. Would love to learn if other in the same situation has gotten verified (I do own a condo, which at least in one case was useful when a bank wanted “additional documents”).

The lack of deadline might be because they themselves have not received a deadline, but simply been warned by BoT that they need to improve their KYC procedures because too many of their transactions are by “unknown individuals”.

No driving licence?

9 hours ago, Muhendis said:

Lazada Wallet stopped working for me years ago (something to do with being a non-Thai) as did their delivery system.

Lazada Wallet stopped working for me about 2 months ago when they asked me to re-verify my information. I tried my current passport, my old passport and my Pink Thai ID card. None of which worked to re-verify my account. I contacted Lazada help desk and they just kept telling me to verify using the "correct" identification document that was used to initially sign up for Lazada Wallet. Well that was years ago and I don't remember which ID I used. They refuse to tell me which ID I used as that is against policy. I told them just to wipe clean my Lazada Wallet and let me start over again. They said that is not possible.

So I can no longer use Lazada Wallet as I have no way to re-verify my account. 

I keep wondering if for some reason you lose your passport and get a new one, there is no way to verify your accounts as they would have used the previous passport number and image.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AlQaholic said:

Yes, I can imagine how TrueWallet and the Rabbit thing is used by International Money Laundering operations to launder billions upon billions of money.

No worry about laundering your money! The Swedish Bank: Swedbank is loundering for the russian oligarks in trillions! The Nordea Bank as well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/23/2021 at 12:56 PM, YT3k72Em said:

I just tried the 24 hour chat.  They replied in English and asked for my email, and will send me a message with details of how to book the call.  I hope it doesn't just say call 1240.

Did your contact with the chatline prove worthwhile? I've just now found it and I'm wondering whether it's worth my time bothering with it.

On 7/24/2021 at 3:55 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Depends. I tried, and the uniform spent ages finding ways it wasn't possible while waiting for me to offer an 'incentive'. I walked out. They did the same when I needed a form signed confirming that a photo of me was me. I walked out.

Most probably you forgot the enveloppes.

56 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Did your contact with the chatline prove worthwhile? I've just now found it and I'm wondering whether it's worth my time bothering with it.

They emailed me, i emailed back my thai driving licence and a selfie and the plan is to have a Line videocall but they haven't confirmed a time yet

I have the same issue with " True Money Wallet "

The SMS says it is a BOT directive to prevent Money Laundering.

The help line says it is to protect your account ????, and a its a BOT directive for Farang only 

There is a list of 6 additional documents they require. To prove who you are.

1) Driving License

2) House Book

3) Yellow Book

4 ) Work permit

5) Your National ID number ( but Passport not accepted )

6) Sorry ! cant remember

I got the SMS on 24 July, and after calling the Customer Services was told I would b able to use my True Money Card until 24 th September - 3 Months.

It seems the restrictions are already in place, as I tried to use it and my payment was declined as " not enough funds in account "

I think i will just use my existing balance and part ways with this nonsense.

My Passport alone is good enough to enter most Countries in the World, its good enough for Thai Immigration and for 3 Thai banks to issue me with debit cards Etc Etc.

But for True its not good enough.

Again this smacks of racism and xenophobia, as only Farang have to perform these measures.

Thais must be squeaky clean when it comes to Money Laundering me thinks.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Moonlover said:
On 7/23/2021 at 12:56 PM, YT3k72Em said:

I just tried the 24 hour chat.  They replied in English and asked for my email, and will send me a message with details of how to book the call.  I hope it doesn't just say call 1240.

They emailed and asked me to send the photo of me holding ID, and a scan of the ID.

email address is [email protected] for those that want to try.

Then they replied again saying my ID was not acceptable because it didn't show the expiry date.

18 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I used it. Waited about an hour until someone responded, so patience is key.

Then exchanged emails with photos of my drivers licence.

Then received a LINE video call where I had to hold the drivers licence next to my face.

The app has stopped nagging me about this, so apparently everything is good now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Even though I've done the videocall and they are happy with the ID provided I sometimes still see the Self verification warning on screen. Anyone else getting that?

Yes, same thing started happening to me again. So far I have just ignored it.

Had all the issues " Passport not good enough "

So I simply emptied my account, and closed the App.

My Passport is good enough for 3 Thai banks to issue me with Debit Cards an accounts.

I will just cease to use their payment platform

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Had all the issues " Passport not good enough "

So I simply emptied my account, and closed the App.

My Passport is good enough for 3 Thai banks to issue me with Debit Cards an accounts.

I will just cease to use their payment platform

I've done the same.

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Even though I've done the videocall and they are happy with the ID provided I sometimes still see the Self verification warning on screen. Anyone else getting that?

I chatted to them on the help and they said ignore that warning as my account is set to "resolved status", they will try to stop it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ohyesuare said:

Got this SMS:

Before your TrueMoney Wallet is disabled, please verify yourself before 31 Aug 21.Apologize if you have already verified yourself with us. https://tmn.app.link/e/SMSWFOT

Same here. I appreciate that they finally give us a firm deadline. That's plenty of time for me to use up my remaining balance and be done with them.

29 minutes ago, Boomer6969 said:

"gay pink" ? could you enlighten this merry frenchman?????

Just a bit of male banter about the colour pink. 

Pink was only used to demonstrate female things in my time. 

• Haha 1

Came up for me too. I deleted the thing quick smart. 

On 1 hand Thailand needs foreigners.

The other hand they want to screw them at every turn.

This week I went to bkk bank to renew an expired normal debit card which they quietly upgraded to a 900 baht per annum card. I then had to spend about 3.5hrs battling with 3 bank branches just trying to get back to the cheaper, less premium, no insurance debit card and it's still not over. 

They really have no idea.

• Like 1

Tried called 1240 twice, on hold over 20 minutes each time. Finally got through, and they only said they'd call back "as soon as possible". Two days later they tried to call me twice, but I was busy. They finally got in touch, just to confirm my email and send me one, with a QR code to add them as Line friends. Now waiting for the Line call.

Sounds like a Monty Python skit. I'd like to ditch them too, though unfortunately there are a few benefits. My cell phone is through True, and when paying by True Money you get better deals, like around 300 baht a month for unlimited Internet. Advertised as 4mbps, but I get around 20mbps even out in my moo ban. I turn on my hotspot and use it as my primary Internet.

There's also not much choice if you want to stream Premier League football. I prefer having the stable, legit service versus all the pirate ones out there, for which I get discounts using their silly True Points, which I actually can't stand haha. And there's absolutely no choice if you want the football commentary in Thai, which I need for the wife. Oooh-hooo!

45 minutes ago, CrunchWrapSupreme said:

Tried called 1240 twice, on hold over 20 minutes each time. Finally got through, and they only said they'd call back "as soon as possible". Two days later they tried to call me twice, but I was busy. They finally got in touch, just to confirm my email and send me one, with a QR code to add them as Line friends. Now waiting for the Line call.

Sounds like a Monty Python skit. I'd like to ditch them too, though unfortunately there are a few benefits. My cell phone is through True, and when paying by True Money you get better deals, like around 300 baht a month for unlimited Internet. Advertised as 4mbps, but I get around 20mbps even out in my moo ban. I turn on my hotspot and use it as my primary Internet.

There's also not much choice if you want to stream Premier League football. I prefer having the stable, legit service versus all the pirate ones out there, for which I get discounts using their silly True Points, which I actually can't stand haha. And there's absolutely no choice if you want the football commentary in Thai, which I need for the wife. Oooh-hooo!

Presumably you are using Speedtest for the 20mbps? gives total bogus speeds, no way that fast, most likely 4mbps, try testmy.net

When True videocall you will need to hold your ID up, it's usually inverted so they can't read it so you'll need to check\change your camera settings so it's reversed to actual

• Like 1

An update in case anyone still wants to do the verification.  They have now added English options to the voice menu on 1240.  After calling they'll send you an email with a link to a QR code for LINE.

After adding them on LINE you can do a video chat and show them your docs. When it's complete they'll tell you to never use LINE to contact them again! 

Then you will be informed that you now have the ability to send money to friends and family in Myanmar or Cambodia.  Yep, they've gone inter.

If you don't complete verification by 31st August you will be blocked (or restricted?)