Ivermectin

suzannegoh

On 8/13/2021 at 5:11 PM, Tony125 said:

Column: Major study of Ivermectin, the anti-vaccine crowd's latest COVID drug, finds 'no effect whatsoever'

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/column-major-study-ivermectin-anti-222751048.html

So even after the $21 million dollar grant from Bill and Melinda to this Uni there's nothing to see here? OK, I can believe that.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, papa al said:

1. No Iver toxicity diagnosed in this case.

2. Reporting doctor

"Brown says Ivermectin, at the right dose, isn't harmful to humans."

Article did not really mention the ill effects of the 'high dosage' Iver.

Or what doses were.

Weak report.

Where's the beef?

1. The report says:

The patient, now suffering from Ivermectin toxicity, has been hospitalised, the state health department confirmed

So quite clearly a person hospitalised because of Ivermectin toxicity.

2. Not a weak report at all, once again, a clear report of not one, but many cases of people being admitted to hospital due to Ivermectin.

Here are also two more reports from the New York Times. In the first one, "a person drank an ivermectin formula intended for cattle and was hospitalized for nine days."

Some Americans ignore warnings against using ivermectin to treat Covid.

In the second, it is pointed out that there have actually been deaths from Ivermectin in the past (not related to Covid, but you said there had never been any hospitalisations in all history).

Demand Surges for Deworming Drug for Covid

Then there's this from Outbreak News.

An adult patient presented with altered mental status after taking ivermectin tablets of unknown strength purchased on the internet. The patient reportedly took five tablets a day for five days to treat COVID-19. The patient was disoriented and had difficulty answering questions and following commands. Symptoms improved with discontinuation of ivermectin after hospital admission.

Ivermectin prescriptions up dramatically, Poison control receives five-fold increase in calls

I'm not quite sure why you keep trying to deny reality. There have definitely been people hospitalised for Ivermectin toxicity and in the past (albeit pre-pandemic) there have even been deaths.

Now, if you'd said that over the decades it's been in use, there have been relatively few deaths or hospitalisations from Ivermectin compared to the number of doses given, I'd agree. But you can't say there have never been any.

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

It’s a homeopathic cure. Apparently, Big Pharma doesn’t want you to know about it. At least, that’s what Alan Krumwiede says about it.

Had to do an internet search on Alan Krumwiede.  Not the sort of name you reference if you want to be taken seriously.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, BRUFC said:

So even after the $21 million dollar grant from Bill and Melinda to this Uni there's nothing to see here? OK, I can believe that.

So, in your world, there is some sort of vast conspiracy to suppress the use of Ivermectin to treat Covid-19, with international health agencies, Bill Gates, foreign universities, and the scientific community working together.

or, Ivermectin just doesn’t work.

Ever heard of Occam’s Razor?

54A1DF9B-DA2E-4857-BB1C-9EDA35F87D90.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

On 7/24/2021 at 6:35 PM, david555 said:

I gave Ivermectin to my horses before , it was in a paste mint taste , ( plastic tube form ) in their mouth to swallow ,  and now humans go try it ...? remember a horse is about 450 kilo at least , compare it .... :cheesy:

It was used against any worms

Ivermectine.jpg

I've had horses as well. They never cared for the taste. Can not see myself eating 6 grams of Ivermectin paste. As I recall the dosage was every 6 weeks. Didn't I read on here about a guy taking this every day? Tough SOB. Maybe the bleach killed the taste. Is it available at pet food stores here?

Edited by bang saen guy

On 9/18/2021 at 3:25 PM, Danderman123 said:

So, in your world, there is some sort of vast conspiracy to suppress the use of Ivermectin to treat Covid-19, with international health agencies, Bill Gates, foreign universities, and the scientific community working together.

or, Ivermectin just doesn’t work.

Ever heard of Occam’s Razor?

54A1DF9B-DA2E-4857-BB1C-9EDA35F87D90.jpeg

My world is the same as yours buddy and yes I have heard of Ockhams Razor. To me the simplest explanation is that the Gates Foundation have invested HUGE amounts of money worldwide and they now have their vaccines which are being busily pumped into as many arms as possible as many times as possible. Now, they have invested what is a sizeable amount of money but not huge money for Ivermectin trials, which if proven to be efficacious will destroy the lucrative vaccine production, because Ivermectin is out of patent, cheap and could become readily available. (Have you checked the stats for the province of Uttar Pradesh in India? Ivermectin is the drug of choice, may also be of necessity and their covid is bumping along near the bottom of the graph).
My post was merely a comment on the certainty (which I concede may be in my mind alone) of a conflict of interest...I can neither endorse nor decry the efficacy of Ivermectin, but I do get concerned when I see

conflicts of interest....the FDA being funded by Pharma is another. To quote Shakespeare's Marcellus (Hamlet) 'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark', meaning, (for those who don't know) there is moral and political corruption in (insert virtually any country you wish).

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 3:37 PM, heybruce said:

The Gates' money came from a software/OS company, not a pharmaceutical company.  With that in mind, what reason would the Gates have in paying to discredit ivermectin?

The Gates money came from The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation....a software company?
A possible reason COULD be that should Ivermectin be proven to work all the money Gates has poured into Pharma, Universities, Research Labs etc. will go up in smoke as Ivermectin is out of patent and dirt cheap. I replied at length here to Danderman but conflicts of interest concern me. On a happier note I'm pleased to be able to say that yesterday I saw that the CEO's of both Moderna and BioNTech have just become billionaires. I obviously cannot confirm this, but isn't it nice of them to produce all these vaccines for us.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BRUFC said:

My world is the same as yours buddy and yes I have heard of Ockhams Razor. To me the simplest explanation is that the Gates Foundation have invested HUGE amounts of money worldwide and they now have their vaccines which are being busily pumped into as many arms as possible as many times as possible. Now, they have invested what is a sizeable amount of money but not huge money for Ivermectin trials, which if proven to be efficacious will destroy the lucrative vaccine production, because Ivermectin is out of patent, cheap and could become readily available. (Have you checked the stats for the province of Uttar Pradesh in India? Ivermectin is the drug of choice, may also be of necessity and their covid is bumping along near the bottom of the graph).
My post was merely a comment on the certainty (which I concede may be in my mind alone) of a conflict of interest...I can neither endorse nor decry the efficacy of Ivermectin, but I do get concerned when I see

conflicts of interest....the FDA being funded by Pharma is another. To quote Shakespeare's Marcellus (Hamlet) 'Something is rotten in the state of Denmark', meaning, (for those who don't know) there is moral and political corruption in (insert virtually any country you wish).

If your conspiracy were real, then Dexamethasone would not be approved for use as a Covid treatment. Since your simple explanation doesn’t work for Dexamethesone, let me suggest another, even simpler explanation:

Ivermectin doesn’t work.

BTW, there was a lockdown imposed in Utter Pradesh which accounts for the reduction in new infections.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

If your conspiracy were real, then Dexamethasone would not be approved for use as a Covid treatment. Since your simple explanation doesn’t work for Dexamethesone, let me suggest another, even simpler explanation:

Ivermectin doesn’t work.

BTW, there was a lockdown imposed in Utter Pradesh which accounts for the reduction in new infections.

Oh why, why, why didn't anyone else lockdown? Are they all stupid?

Overall, the death rate in Uttar Pradesh was roughly 95 per million people, roughly 1/20 the death rate of the U.S. More importantly, despite being the largest state in India, it incurred one-third the death rate of the country as a whole. (Newsrescue.com)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BRUFC said:

The Gates money came from The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation....a software company?
A possible reason COULD be that should Ivermectin be proven to work all the money Gates has poured into Pharma, Universities, Research Labs etc. will go up in smoke as Ivermectin is out of patent and dirt cheap. I replied at length here to Danderman but conflicts of interest concern me. On a happier note I'm pleased to be able to say that yesterday I saw that the CEO's of both Moderna and BioNTech have just become billionaires. I obviously cannot confirm this, but isn't it nice of them to produce all these vaccines for us.

The Gates Foundation money came from a software/OS company. When the Gates Foundation donates money for research, that’s it, no compensation comes back to them. There is no conflict of interest.

If Ivermectin were accepted by the medical community, Bill Gates would not lose a dime.

Bill Gates did not lose a dime when Dexamethasone was accepted as a treatment for Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BRUFC said:

9 hours ago, BRUFC said:

"To me the simplest explanation is..."

"A possible reason COULD be..."

In other words, you have no evidence and are speculating.

In order to  stem/stop any possible misinformation  this topic is now CLOSED.

All drugs have side effects and Ivermectin is no exception. Many people have been hospitalized and at least2 have died in the US as a re4sult of indiscriminate ivermectin use.

Bottom line: research is underway, until the data is available this is of unproven benefit and it does have dangers.

That is the basis for this closure.

• Thanks 1