Ivermectin

suzannegoh

I do not know about Chiang Mai, but you will be lucky to find much in Bangkok.
Can other people please add comment from experience. Its likely that many people have tried to find some.

1250 is a rip off.
And Twelve 6mg pills will only give you one treatment which is for 3 or 4 days according to the dosages stated on medical websites that provide information relating to Covid.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

I asked at a Pharmacy and was quoted the same price, and I've seen the same price mentioned elsewhere. They were out of stock but had it on order.

If there's a markup I don't think it's from the Pharmacies. My understanding is that it's only made in Thailand by one small company who makes limited amounts.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Harry Om said:

I asked at a Pharmacy and was quoted the same price, and I've seen the same price mentioned elsewhere. They were out of stock but had it on order.

If there's a markup I don't think it's from the Pharmacies. My understanding is that it's only made in Thailand by one small company who makes limited amounts.

Maybe that the price then. 

As for who is marking it up, maybe it's not the pharmacies.  It seems like there is a problem with price rigging of pharmaceuticals in Thailand in general.  The US is known for it's high drug prices but yet I can't think of a single prescription drug that I've ever checked on that is cheaper in Thailand than in the US. 

2 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

The US is known for it's high drug prices but yet I can't think of a single prescription drug that I've ever checked on that is cheaper in Thailand than in the US. 

My wife takes thyroid hormone that costs $10 for 3 months at Walmart.  Here it's about 260฿ for 100.  The downside is that Thailand only authorizes a few dosages with rather large gaps between them.  For best results she should take 80µ grams daily.  Only 50's and 100's are available here.  We're becoming very competent pill cutters.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gamb00ler said:

My wife takes thyroid hormone that costs $10 for 3 months at Walmart.  Here it's about 260฿ for 100.  The downside is that Thailand only authorizes a few dosages with rather large gaps between them.  For best results she should take 80µ grams daily.  Only 50's and 100's are available here.  We're becoming very competent pill cutters.

I'm not sure how to interpret that because you switched units of measure.  Is "3 months" the same number of pills as "100"?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, suzannegoh said:

I'm not sure how to interpret that because you switched units of measure.  Is "3 months" the same number of pills as "100"?

I think US always counts 30 pills as a 1 month supply.  I've never seen it any other value.  So $10 for 90 pills in US vs about $7.30 for the same amount in Thailand.

Edited by gamb00ler
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, fearless1 said:

I bought the cheap Chinese pet Ivermectin off of Lazada. It comes in 5 mg tablets of 100% Ivermectin. 100 tablets for 73 baht. I've been taking it for months with zero side effects. There are no other ingredients or fillers. I would guess it comes off the same assembly line as the human form.

Make sure you also take vitamin D and Zinc.

That's good feedback.  How much Vit D and Zinc should be taken in addition Ivermectin, and how many of the 5mg Ivermectin pills do you take per day?

Also, you say no side effects, which is great, but I was wondering if it's safe to drink alcohol when taking it.  I'm sure that it's not recommended to do that, but have you?

21 hours ago, suzannegoh said:

Maybe that the price then. 

As for who is marking it up, maybe it's not the pharmacies.  It seems like there is a problem with price rigging of pharmaceuticals in Thailand in general.  The US is known for it's high drug prices but yet I can't think of a single prescription drug that I've ever checked on that is cheaper in Thailand than in the US. 

I think that's why there are so many pharmacies in Thailand. Big mark up. Very profitable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I'm having trouble sourcing Adder's fork.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

It was a common brew in 17th century England used by Mr. Macbeth,

and currently sold worldwide by Mr. Gates.

• Confused 1

Here's a study on Ivermectin at doses far exceeding what is recommended for covid;

" Ivermectin was generally well tolerated, with no indication of associated CNS toxicity for doses up to 10 times the highest FDA-approved dose of 200 microg/kg. All dose regimens had a mydriatic effect similar to placebo. Adverse experiences were similar between ivermectin and placebo and did not increase with dose. "

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12362927/

• Like 1

I gave Ivermectin to my horses before , it was in a paste mint taste , ( plastic tube form ) in their mouth to swallow ,  and now humans go try it ...? remember a horse is about 450 kilo at least , compare it .... :cheesy:

It was used against any worms

Ivermectine.jpg

Edited by david555
  • Like 1