Ivermectin

suzannegoh

6 hours ago, FlorC said:

Well if it is good enough for a millionair like Joe Rogan , it's good enough for me.
But where to buy Ivermectin if I don't want to buy from the internet .
My vet doesn't have it , but they only do pets not cows and horses.
Go and ask at the local farmer shops where they sell seeds and stuff they spray on fields ? Hard to tell them I have a horse or buffalo .Is there a certain brand name that has Ivermectin in it , that I can ask witout dropping the ivermectin word ?
Two phamacies I asked don't even have hydroxychloroquine and don't sell animal medicine. Luckily zinc and vit D are easy to get . Z-pk (azithromycin) , more expensive .
Soner or later we'll all get exposed to covid , so better be ready with something.

I hope you are joking.

Those who think wealth is a sign in intelligence should be hanging on to every word spoken by Jeff Bezos, Elon Musk, Bill Gates, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

take only customized scientific treatments for covid, i.e. vax. other stuff is ineffective & toxic.

exclude general practitioners from term “medical community” for covid purposes.

GPs ignore the obvious power of mind/ body/ diet to heal itself from minor ailments, and to boost immune system to better fight of all infections like covid.

GPs are taking money from big pharma to prescibe highly addictive opioids & other drugs…

relieve symptoms, dont cure 

some obese sick people in USA are taking over 20 different prescribed common meds each day ….Netflix Doc “What The Health”……..all of which can typically be ditched with a simple plant- based diet with exercise…controlling major internal organ diseases & required surgery is something else….

GPs know no more about diet/ exercise/ nutrition than the informed general public (little training).

all vax is great but better in conjunction well- functioning body; disease - free. drug- free.

Let's start with your first statement:

"take only customized scientific treatments for covid, i.e. vax. other stuff is ineffective & toxic. "

All evidence I've seen shows vaccines are very effective in preventing transmission of Covid 19 and greatly limit severity of illness when breakthrough infections occur.  What is your proof that this is not true?

1 hour ago, canthai55 said:

From the link above -

In reality, anyone who thinks that somehow one of the safest and most successful drugs of all time cannot work for other ailments is woefully uninformed. I trust Professor Omura, the man who won the Nobel Prize for developing ivermectin for Merck, over the company itself, which now stands to benefit from an expensive drug it is developing, with which the cheap ivermectin, which is off patent, would interfere.

So theblaze.com is the kind of media you trust?  Interesting.

Yes, some drugs work for ailments other than what they were originally designed for.  Most drugs don't.  When this experimental treatment has been proven safe and effective and received FDA approval people should consider it.  Until then people should rely on FDA approve vaccines.

• Like 1

Do people OD from Ivermectin - yes

Are these ignorant and uninformed - seems like it

Is the media jumping on this with both feet, crowing about the dangers, P and M about this 'Dangerous' drug - most assuredly

Do people in this thread do the same - that's a BIG 10-4

Do people in this thread trust implicitly in the medical community, Big Pharma, and the mainstream Media, after years and years, and constant presentation of  cases of their lies - they sure do.

Will they read and understand the opinion of a Nobel laureate - see line 2 above

Do you post without proof-reading and conclude by referring to something (a Novel laureate) not mentioned in your post - absolutely.

57 minutes ago, connda said:

The MSM canard that Ivermectin is just a "deworming medicines for horses" is disinformation through omission.  The article even states that before widespread human use it was used in veterinary practices.  Ok.  Livestock got Ivermectin.
And then?
And then the NIH article goes on to laud Ivermectin as (their words not mine) a "Wonder Drug"
This article was published by the National Institute of Health (NIH) which is Fauci's organization to keep things in perspective.

1 Ivermectin, ‘Wonder drug’ from Japan: the human use perspective
"Discovered in the late-1970s, the pioneering drug ivermectin, a dihydro derivative of avermectin—originating solely from a single microorganism isolated at the Kitasato Intitute, Tokyo, Japan from Japanese soil—has had an immeasurably beneficial impact in improving the lives and welfare of billions of people throughout the world. Originally introduced as a veterinary drug, it kills a wide range of internal and external parasites in commercial livestock and companion animals. It was quickly discovered to be ideal in combating two of the world’s most devastating and disfiguring diseases which have plagued the world’s poor throughout the tropics for centuries (Onchocerciasis [River blindness] and lymphatic filariasis). It is now being used free-of-charge as the sole tool in campaigns to eliminate both diseases globally. It has also been used to successfully overcome several other human diseases and new uses for it are continually being found. This paper looks in depth at the events surrounding ivermectin’s passage from being a huge success in Animal Health into its widespread use in humans, a development which has led many to describe it as a “wonder” drug."
And the NIH article goes on:
"There are few drugs that can seriously lay claim to the title of ‘Wonder drug’, penicillin and aspirin being two that have perhaps had greatest beneficial impact on the health and wellbeing of Mankind. But ivermectin can also be considered alongside those worthy contenders, based on its versatility, safety and the beneficial impact that it has had, and continues to have, worldwide—especially on hundreds of millions of the world’s poorest people."

The NIH article clearly states: Ivermectin "has had an immeasurably beneficial impact in improving the lives and welfare of billions of people throughout the world."  "People". "Humans."  "Mankind."  Not "Horses" although there have no doubt been billions of animals, including horses, which benefited from this "wonder drug."

The NIH article clearly states: Ivermectin "has also been used to successfully overcome several other human diseases and new uses for it are continually being found.

So for those who can continually repeat the media's tag-line, "Ivermectin is a deworming medicine for horse", - take the time, read the science, understand exactly what Ivermectin is - historically - as well as it actual uses.  The facts (clearly stated by the NIH) that research into Ivermectin are leading to "new uses for it are continually being found."  It is anything but just a deworming medicine for horses.

2 From PubMed<dot>gov
"
Several studies reported antiviral effects of ivermectin on RNA viruses such as Zika, dengue, yellow fever, West Nile, Hendra, Newcastle, Venezuelan equine encephalitis, chikungunya, Semliki Forest, Sindbis, Avian influenza A, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome, Human immunodeficiency virus type 1, and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. Furthermore, there are some studies showing antiviral effects of ivermectin against DNA viruses such as Equine herpes type 1, BK polyomavirus, pseudorabies, porcine circovirus 2, and bovine herpesvirus 1. Ivermectin plays a role in several biological mechanisms, therefore it could serve as a potential candidate in the treatment of a wide range of viruses including COVID-19 as well as other types of positive-sense single-stranded RNA viruses."

Weather Ivermectin is found to be an effective antiviral will be decided within the scientific community, not within the court of popular opinion.   But when considered for its benefit to humanity?  The NIH itself alluded to it as being a "Wonder Drug," not just a "dewormer for horses."

Read people.  Educate yourselves.  Turn off the TVs, turn on your minds, and read the science, both pro and con, and create informed opinions based on scientific facts.  The Scientific Method requires rigorous debate within the scientific community.  Without that open debate and exchange of ideas, "science" becomes religion. Your TV becomes your preacher/priest/guru/imam/rabbi and evangelist.

1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/
2https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32533071/

Cool  Once ivermectin passes the same testing used to approve other drugs for treatment and prevention of Covid 19 it should be used.  Until then, no.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connda said:

The MSM canard that Ivermectin is just a "deworming medicines for horses" is disinformation through omission.  The article even states that before widespread human use it was used in veterinary practices.  Ok.  Livestock got Ivermectin.
And then?
And then the NIH article goes on to laud Ivermectin as (their words not mine) a "Wonder Drug"
This article was published by the National Institute of Health (NIH) which is Fauci's organization to keep things in perspective.

1 Ivermectin, ‘Wonder drug’ from Japan: the human use perspective
"Discovered in the late-1970s, the pioneering drug ivermectin, a dihydro derivative of avermectin—originating solely from a single microorganism isolated at the Kitasato Intitute, Tokyo, Japan from Japanese soil—has had an immeasurably beneficial impact in improving the lives and welfare of billions of people throughout the world. Originally introduced as a veterinary drug, it kills a wide range of internal and external parasites in commercial livestock and companion animals. It was quickly discovered to be ideal in combating two of the world’s most devastating and disfiguring diseases which have plagued the world’s poor throughout the tropics for centuries (Onchocerciasis [River blindness] and lymphatic filariasis). It is now being used free-of-charge as the sole tool in campaigns to eliminate both diseases globally. It has also been used to successfully overcome several other human diseases and new uses for it are continually being found. This paper looks in depth at the events surrounding ivermectin’s passage from being a huge success in Animal Health into its widespread use in humans, a development which has led many to describe it as a “wonder” drug."
And the NIH article goes on:
"There are few drugs that can seriously lay claim to the title of ‘Wonder drug’, penicillin and aspirin being two that have perhaps had greatest beneficial impact on the health and wellbeing of Mankind. But ivermectin can also be considered alongside those worthy contenders, based on its versatility, safety and the beneficial impact that it has had, and continues to have, worldwide—especially on hundreds of millions of the world’s poorest people."

The NIH article clearly states: Ivermectin "has had an immeasurably beneficial impact in improving the lives and welfare of billions of people throughout the world."  "People". "Humans."  "Mankind."  Not "Horses" although there have no doubt been billions of animals, including horses, which benefited from this "wonder drug."

The NIH article clearly states: Ivermectin "has also been used to successfully overcome several other human diseases and new uses for it are continually being found.

So for those who can continually repeat the media's tag-line, "Ivermectin is a deworming medicine for horse", - take the time, read the science, understand exactly what Ivermectin is - historically - as well as it actual uses.  The facts (clearly stated by the NIH) that research into Ivermectin are leading to "new uses for it are continually being found."  It is anything but just a deworming medicine for horses.

2 From PubMed<dot>gov
"
Several studies reported antiviral effects of ivermectin on RNA viruses such as Zika, dengue, yellow fever, West Nile, Hendra, Newcastle, Venezuelan equine encephalitis, chikungunya, Semliki Forest, Sindbis, Avian influenza A, Porcine Reproductive and Respiratory Syndrome, Human immunodeficiency virus type 1, and severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2. Furthermore, there are some studies showing antiviral effects of ivermectin against DNA viruses such as Equine herpes type 1, BK polyomavirus, pseudorabies, porcine circovirus 2, and bovine herpesvirus 1. Ivermectin plays a role in several biological mechanisms, therefore it could serve as a potential candidate in the treatment of a wide range of viruses including COVID-19 as well as other types of positive-sense single-stranded RNA viruses."

Weather Ivermectin is found to be an effective antiviral will be decided within the scientific community, not within the court of popular opinion.   But when considered for its benefit to humanity?  The NIH itself alluded to it as being a "Wonder Drug," not just a "dewormer for horses."

Read people.  Educate yourselves.  Turn off the TVs, turn on your minds, and read the science, both pro and con, and create informed opinions based on scientific facts.  The Scientific Method requires rigorous debate within the scientific community.  Without that open debate and exchange of ideas, "science" becomes religion. Your TV becomes your preacher/priest/guru/imam/rabbi and evangelist.

1https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/
2https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32533071/

Just now from Newspaper , foreign language   original link translated to , complete article in PDF in English translated .

Pandemie leidt in VS tot stormloop op antiparasitair middel voor paarden en koeien | Nieuws | hln.be

(link is in foreign language , but pdf has the translated version ! )

short entry from article :

Pandemic leads to stampede in US for
antiparasitic agent for horses and cows

Health experts in the United States are worried about people taking the antiparasitic
drug Ivermectin because they see it as a panacea against the coronavirus. An
Oklahoma-based doctor says hospitals have their hands full with patients who have
overdosed on the drug.

JV 05-09-21, 08:50 Last update: 09:10 Source: BELGA

Pandemic VS rush on Ivermectin.pdf

Edited by david555

7 hours ago, FlorC said:

Well if it is good enough for a millionair like Joe Rogan , it's good enough for me.

Joe Rogan, on Joe Rogan...

“This is the thing about this whole thing, people being upset at me. … I’m not an anti-vax person. I’m not a doctor, I’m a f***ing moron, and I’m a cage-fighting commentator who’s a dirty stand-up comedian. … I’m not a respected source of information, even for me.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/joe-rogan-covid-test-dave-chappelle-tour-vaccinations-1234825866/

His influence, whatever little he had, is waning.

• Like 1

trust FDA Approvals: Yes

wait FDA final approval : No, FDA Trial & Worldwide Results Sufficient

AZ still not FDA-approved after Min. 10 mths FDA Trials.

After 75% UK adults fully AZ vaxxed & AZ proven best single overall vax worldwide.

Pfizer FDA-fully approved last week. Johnson & Moderna ? dont know. US is 53% fully vaxxed now.

FDA phase III trials long since established AZ as 100% effective against Death & Hospital for

non- Delta Covid. FDA Results: Non-Political. FDA Approvals : Political, AZ being non- US, coincidence ?

Some knowledge gaps here but my point is clear enough.

58 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Joe Rogan, on Joe Rogan...

“This is the thing about this whole thing, people being upset at me. … I’m not an anti-vax person. I’m not a doctor, I’m a f***ing moron, and I’m a cage-fighting commentator who’s a dirty stand-up comedian. … I’m not a respected source of information, even for me.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/joe-rogan-covid-test-dave-chappelle-tour-vaccinations-1234825866/

His influence, whatever little he had, is waning.

It's more the man behind Joe Rogen that I trust.

I'm not going to do the back and forth bickering of these 9 pages.

It's still a free country , so you trust the sources you trust , I'll trust mine.

Researching possible ivermectin sources , it seems it is also used for cats and dogs:

https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/ivermectin

My vet doesn't have it.

The dewormers and anti parasite I use don't have ivermectin in it.

So the question still stands : where to buy it here in thailand ?

1 hour ago, david555 said:

Just now from Newspaper , foreign language   original link translated to , complete article in PDF in English translated .

Pandemie leidt in VS tot stormloop op antiparasitair middel voor paarden en koeien | Nieuws | hln.be

(link is in foreign language , but pdf has the translated version ! )

short entry from article :

Pandemic leads to stampede in US for
antiparasitic agent for horses and cows

Health experts in the United States are worried about people taking the antiparasitic
drug Ivermectin because they see it as a panacea against the coronavirus. An
Oklahoma-based doctor says hospitals have their hands full with patients who have
overdosed on the drug.

JV 05-09-21, 08:50 Last update: 09:10 Source: BELGA

Pandemic VS rush on Ivermectin.pdf 538.51 kB · 1 download

Hmmm. Guess they never noticed the use of Ivermectin in Mexico. Never noticed on purpose I would say. This is only one news article. There are many and the studies are there. The silence, about this, from our main stream media is deafening.

https://channelnewswire.com/after-mexico-city-introduced-ivermectin-plan-covid-hospitalizations-and-deaths-disappeared/

2 minutes ago, 300sd said:

Hmmm. Guess they never noticed the use of Ivermectin in Mexico. Never noticed on purpose I would say. This is only one news article. There are many and the studies are there. The silence, about this, from our main stream media is deafening.

https://channelnewswire.com/after-mexico-city-introduced-ivermectin-plan-covid-hospitalizations-and-deaths-disappeared/

And the ignoring from the warnings is astonishing ...., but i guess it tast quit good as my horses swallowed it easy ...has a strong minth taste ( white paste )

Enjoy when trying it ...????

1 hour ago, david555 said:

An
overdosed on the drug.

The report, sourced to local Oaklahoma outlet KFOR's Katelyn Ogle, cites Oklahoma ER doctor Dr. Jason McElyea - claimed that people overdosing on ivermectin horse dewormer are causing emergency rooms to be "so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting" access to health facilities.

The problem though is that the Rolling Stone's article is based on hearsay from one doctor and it seems the information is not corroborated.. Without a OK hospital verifying the information - it is nothing.  What would it take for the author of the article to call the hospitals cited in the RS by Dr. McElyea?

MHS-S.jpg.bfee7a94a119add917bbb4f6ac69f5ee.jpg

And people are lining up outside of OK hospitals jammed with Ivermectin overdoses?

Ok_Weather_Sept_4.jpg.62f04781644940c831ab574e9ac79b09.jpg

Ok - heavy cold weather gear in September?  Lows in the 70s, highs in the 90s.  Ok.  Sure.  Of course.  The picture is from Rolling Stones - must be true.

OK_Weather.jpg.ce175bed5e5f5bd361af001659a209fb.jpg

But - I'm willing to suspend disbelief if someone can quote a Oklahoma hospital stating that gunshots victims are not being seen because of all the Ivermectin overdose. 
Post a link to the hospital's press release. 

• Like 2

On 9/4/2021 at 3:22 PM, canthai55 said:

Article dated 2 Sep 2021

“Since the beginning of May, we’ve received reports of 11 people being exposed to ivermectin,” said Scott Schaeffer, managing director of the Oklahoma Center for Poison and Drug Information.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-oklahoma-hospital-ambulances-patents-coronavirus-ivermectin-20210902-yqrlniulrbfcdhajchdzq2na34-story.html

Wow - 11 people ! A real health crisis !

26 minutes ago, connda said:

But - I'm willing to suspend disbelief if someone can quote a Oklahoma hospital stating that gunshots victims are not being seen because of all the Ivermectin overdose. 
Post a link to the hospital's press release. 

Not from the Okie hospital, but someone with their finger on the pulse.

But But But ... Yahoo news said it !

The Doctor who has not worked there for 2 months said it !

Believe Them !

But do not believe the Oklahoma Poison and Drug Information

Or a Nobel Laureate.

People with such a loose grip on reality posting such drivel is bad enuf - that they Believe it beggars belief

Large Ivermectin Study Retracted

— Preprint publisher finds evidence of plagiarism, problems with raw data

A large Egyptian study of ivermectin for COVID-19 patients has been retracted over concerns of plagiarism and serious problems with their raw data, the publisher confirmed to MedPage Today.

Michele Avissar-Whiting, PhD, editor-in-chief of the preprint server Research Square, said in an emailed statement that the study was withdrawn on July 14 "because we were presented with evidence of both plagiarism and anomalies in the dataset associated with the study, neither of which could reasonably be addressed by the author issuing a revised version of the paper."

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special-reports/exclusives/93658

• Like 1

Believe Them !

Or a Nobel Laureate.

People with such a loose grip on reality posting such drivel is bad enuf - that they Believe it beggars belief

There are plenty of cases of Ivermectin poisoning in Trump country, so what’s your point?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 300sd said:

Yeah, maybe the media is more focused on the impact of vaccination to reduce case numbers from the July peak, which your article says didn’t happen.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Yeah, maybe the media is more focused on the impact of vaccination to reduce case numbers from the July peak, which your article says didn’t happen.

Would this be the media that is already discredited ?

Gotta love when the goal posts keep moving - if one position is found to be a complete fallacy - well, we'll just change the parameters.

Should think about a bigger shovel - that hole is not getting big enuf, fast enuf

Edited by canthai55
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, WhiteBuffaloATM said:

bruce; my post was clearly in support of covid vaccines. 

(post correction : replace “treatment” with “immunity”.)

Sorry, mistook

"take only customized scientific treatments for covid, i.e. vax. other stuff is ineffective & toxic. "

for

"take only customized scientific treatments for covid, i.e. vax, other stuff is ineffective & toxic. "

9 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Believe Them !

Or a Nobel Laureate.

No one has disputed the statement that 11 people have contacted the Oklahoma Center for Poison and Drug Information regarding ivermectin overdoses.  I have disputed that the total is limited to 11. 

Exact numbers may not be available for some time.  However there is clearly and increase in ivermectin overdoses, whether you want to believe the sources or not:

"The American Medical Association (AMA), American Pharmacists Association (APhA), and American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) released a joint statement Wednesday.

"We are alarmed by reports that outpatient prescribing for and dispensing of ivermectin have increased 24-fold since before the pandemic and increased exponentially over the past few months," the statement from the organizations said. "As such, we are calling for an immediate end to the prescribing, dispensing, and use of ivermectin for the prevention and treatment of COVID-19 outside of a clinical trial.""  https://www.newsweek.com/patients-overdosing-ivermectin-are-clogging-oklahoma-ers-doctor-1625631

"According to the National Poison Data System (NPDS), which collects information from the nation's 55 poison control centers, there was a 245% jump in reported exposure cases from July to August — from 133 to 459.

Meanwhile, emergency rooms across the country are treating more patients who have taken the drug, after being persuaded by false and misleading information spread on the internet, by talk show hosts and by political leaders. Most patients are overdosing on a version of the drug that is formulated to treat parasites in cows and horses."  https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/04/1034217306/ivermectin-overdose-exposure-cases-poison-control-centers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Yabiaomer said:

really? just read the 9 pages of this thread where people are saying it's for horses and cows ..

Obviously, Ivermectin de-wormer is for animals, and some idiots are taking it.

But, as you know, there is a form of Ivermectin in dosages for humans.

Let’s recap the bidding:

Ivermectin is used to treat parasites. It is also used for treatment in animals.

Ivermectin has not been proven to suppress Covid-19, but clinical trials are ongoing. Government agencies warn against using Ivermectin for Covid19 until it is established that it is safe and effective. 

Meanwhile, a large number of idiots are self-medicating with the animal form, and are subsequently poisoned.

https://www.npr.org/sections/coronavirus-live-updates/2021/09/04/1034217306/ivermectin-overdose-exposure-cases-poison-control-centers

For some reason, some people here can’t get their heads around the concept that self medicating with horse paste is both stupid and dangerous.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1