13 million AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccine doses to be administered in Thailand by end of August

snoop1130

17 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

A delicate balance between getting a single dose into as many people as possible, with the understanding that that is not perfect but maybe the best use of a limited supply.

And starting to deliver second doses begun on 7 June, which come due presumably at 8+ weeks, so starting 2 August.

I am seeing 3,583,759 double-dosed as of yesterday.

Covid-Factsheet_23-July.jpg

I am seeing 2.58 double doses ( Thai Visa / Webfact )

Who and what to believe.

47 minutes ago, Bigz said:

According to some Thai university research Sinovac is only 60% effective to start with and halving every 120 days. I got my first sinovac shot last week in Buriram. The second shot will be astra. This way more effective according to them. Not great but better than nothing I suppose.

You think 60% is bad?

Israel says Pfizer Covid vaccine is just 39% effective as delta spreads, but still prevents severe illness

Pfizer’s and BioNTech’s Covid-19 vaccine is just 39% effective in Israel where the delta variant is the dominant strain, but still provides strong protection against severe illness and hospitalization, according to a new report from the country’s health ministry.

The efficacy figure, which is based on an unspecified number of people between June 20 and July 17, is down from an earlier estimate of 64% two weeks ago and conflicts with data out of the U.K. that found the shot was 88% effective against symptomatic disease caused by the variant.

However, the two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data published Thursday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delta-variant-pfizer-covid-vaccine-39percent-effective-in-israel-prevents-severe-illness.html

Of course, I don't believe that the Pfizer jab is not very effective at stopping hospitalizations and death. Just to point out that effectiveness at stopping infection is not the same thing as potency in reducing hospitalizations and deaths. Yet critics of Sinovac and Sinopharm seem to unable to accept this distinction.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Have my dose with pleasure... I'd rather wait and have something that really works.

If you want to take a chance.

No problem, the vaccine will not kill you but covid might. It is not hard to figure out.

• Confused 1

43 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I am seeing 2.58 double doses ( Thai Visa / Webfact )

Who and what to believe.

The most recent government figures? Presented daily, track from all sources.

No clue where the 2.58 figure came from? Maybe 27 June?

Not a topic I'll continue to discuss.

16 hours ago, DrPhibes said:

And the other 33% are for whom?

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

with 33% of the 13 million doses, counted from July 19th, to be administered to people living in 11 provinces in the COVID-19 “Dark Red” and “Red” zones.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

If you are, as your username suggests, in Chiang Rai, don't bother. I have been told to <deleted> off four times now because I am a foreigner. Once even got as far as nearly the front of the queue at the hospital when the "man from the ministry" , observant chappy that he was, noticed me and slung me out.

2 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Hmm, Wiang Chiang Rung hospital won't do foreigners at all - 64 with diabetes. Medics wanted me vaccinated, MoPH man said no foreigners. Chiang Rai (Big C and Central Plaza) say I have to be done by Wiang Chiang Rung hospital.

2 hours ago, maddermax said:

The problem we have here is that the Thai Government is applying a discriminatory policy to a non-discriminating virus.

But but but - The Thai government Does Not Discriminate!!!
It's official and the 100% Double-Plus-Good Truth!
Are cheeky farangs insinuating that Labour Minister Suchart Chomklin is perhaps - lying?  No no no.....you are all confused.
They aren't turning you away and refusing to give you shots.  They're helping you by suggesting you step out of line, go home, and wait for the "best" vaccines. Those helpful MoPH people have your best interests at heart.  They are actually discriminating against Thai people by making them go to the front of the line and taking the questionable vaccines first.  The MoPH is protecting you.  You need to be grateful.

"Thailand's Labour Minister Suchart Chomklin has assured the press that the policies of Thai PM Prayuth Chan-ocha and his deputy DMP Prawit Wongsuwon do not discriminate against foreigners in any way."

https://aseannow.com/topic/1225071-thai-government-does-not-discriminate-against-foreigners-says-minister/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It seems to vary from Province to Province. I registered at Hua Hin hospital back in May, and was given an appointment for 7 July with the assurance of 2 AstraZeneca jabs.

The date arrived and they had no vaccines; we have been checking their website every day, and as of this morning the cupboard is still bare. I was also informed that rather than the 2 AZ jabs, it would now be 1st jab Sinovac, and 2nd, AZ. I will turn down the Sinovac, as it is not accepted by the UK health authority, and I have a return trip booked. I remain as discombobulated as everyone else on here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

It seems to vary from Province to Province. I registered at Hua Hin hospital back in May, and was given an appointment for 7 July with the assurance of 2 AstraZeneca jabs.

The date arrived and they had no vaccines; we have been checking their website every day, and as of this morning the cupboard is still bare. I was also informed that rather than the 2 AZ jabs, it would now be 1st jab Sinovac, and 2nd, AZ. I will turn down the Sinovac, as it is not accepted by the UK health authority, and I have a return trip booked. I remain as discombobulated as everyone else on here.

Check vaccination requirements for entering UK.

4 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

8 million doses over the next month are to be administered over the next 35+ days. That’s a little over 200,000 doses per day, which is doable.

Yes it's doable if (A) They have them, (B) If you weren't relying on a bunch of clowns to organise it.

Yet again this is just lip service, my misses has heard via TIC TOK that the red and yellow shirts are going to join forces and rally in bkk demanding a change in government. 

If this is TRUE that would possibly explain why this statement has been released.

Thailand is just over a year behind Europe and Europe still has areas causing concern, don't expect any return to normality for St least 28 months.

1 minute ago, harada said:

A 39year old Thai doctor dying from brain swelling the day after having the Sino-Astra cocktail is not a good sign. ????

WHO warned against this cocktail promoted by a government virologist. Thailand is the ONLY country in the world to approve this mix without much studies and data. A dangerous path. 

5 hours ago, PEE TEE said:

Have I not heard this before ?

Many times, almost on a daily basis, and I assure you, you'll hear it a lot more times before you actually see the needle. 

40 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

Yes it's doable if (A) They have them, (B) If you weren't relying on a bunch of clowns to organise it.

Yet again this is just lip service, my misses has heard via TIC TOK that the red and yellow shirts are going to join forces and rally in bkk demanding a change in government. 

If this is TRUE that would possibly explain why this statement has been released.

Thailand is just over a year behind Europe and Europe still has areas causing concern, don't expect any return to normality for St least 28 months.

Thailand is a year behind Europe in respect to what?

7 hours ago, Dave67 said:

I had 2 Sinovac vaccines when working the UAE and when I got back to the UK I was told do the AstraZenaca as well as the Sinovac as are less that 50% effective. I had my second AstraZenac vaccine on Wednesday

Another two to come for the Delta variant and more and more.......

If Pfizer gives 39% protection against Delta variant what will Sinovac really do ?  Stock needs to be cleared and pockets filled. We won’t be able to beat the virus unless we lock down for 3 years or live with the virus and open up again. Herd immunity can only be reached with high vaccination rate and enough people that had the virus. Look at the Sweden model