13 million AstraZeneca and Sinovac vaccine doses to be administered in Thailand by end of August

snoop1130

COVID-19-Vaccine-SINOVAC.-2.jpg

8 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine and 5 million doses of Sinovac vaccine are being administered through to the end of August 2021, while 15.38 million doses, mainly of the same two makes, have been administered in Thailand to date, according to the Prime Minister’s Operations Centre today (Friday).

The government is mostly aiming at inoculating people aged 60 and over and those with any of the seven underlying diseases this month and next, according to the centre’s Facebook page, with 33% of the 13 million doses, counted from July 19th, to be administered to people living in 11 provinces in the COVID-19 “Dark Red” and “Red” zones.

15% are for those in the social security fund and those who are part of driving the economy. 12% are for those working for government agencies. 3% are booster doses for medical personnel. 12% are to be used as second doses (AstraZeneca). 10% are for those living in other “Red” zone provinces and other provinces preparing to reopen to tourists. 15% are for those living in the remaining 48 provinces.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/13-million-astrazeneca-and-sinovac-vaccine-doses-to-be-administered-in-thailand-by-end-of-august/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Not if you already have them. They are not as good as the AZ but it does pretty well at limiting the disease and deaths. Given the choice of Sinovac and nothing, I will take the Sinovac. Where do I sign up?

They were used in the UAE and they had to close work camps down as people were still getting sick and some dying

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

So this is a "PLAN", right?

The sinovac number is believable. They seem to be able to order that and get it delivered by the 1 mm load in a few days.

The AZ number is not believable, given all the information made public. Eight million sounds like a stretch, heavily weighted towards the end of August.

Now if they detailed the production rate of AZ, the source(s) and the exact delivery dates I might be more reassured.

The 13 mm is further suspect in that they cannot administer this many doses in the period, assuming today through 31 Aug or ~ 38 days. That would require ~ 342,000 doses per day. While they've exceeded 350,000 on a day or two the current average is far below this figure, with weekend numbers ~ 100,000.

Sounds like faux news? Deliberate? Maybe? Or just down to incompetence.

Just be honest, make reasonable promises which you are confident can be met. You can gloat when you actually overachieve..

So giving this one a Thai 'A', which in local education circles is a 50 out of 100.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, cjinchiangrai said:

Not if you already have them. They are not as good as the AZ but it does pretty well at limiting the disease and deaths. Given the choice of Sinovac and nothing, I will take the Sinovac. Where do I sign up?

If you are, as your username suggests, in Chiang Rai, don't bother. I have been told to <deleted> off four times now because I am a foreigner. Once even got as far as nearly the front of the queue at the hospital when the "man from the ministry" , observant chappy that he was, noticed me and slung me out.

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, Randell said:

My local Wiang Chai hospital in CR. I will to let me have  shot but they are only  two choices. Two Sinopharm no follow up booster or a Sinovac followed by  AZ with good possibility of third booster in sept , Oct. I am scheduled for Aug 10. Our small hospital has a very controlled procedure and is busy every day giving injections to the elderly and with co-morbidities  no children but young adults always hard to guess the ages even after all my years here.

I am not wild about my limited choice but something is definitely better than nothing and as things progress there will be far more choice  in the fall I am sure so even possible to get an MNRA booster at a later date. I need all the help I can get going the the last stages of Chemotherapy and having high blood pressure under treatment of course but not the least a risk with the rest of the 70 year old package 555..

So just going with the best of not so great options but get something for which I am greatful.

Hmm, Wiang Chiang Rung hospital won't do foreigners at all - 64 with diabetes. Medics wanted me vaccinated, MoPH man said no foreigners. Chiang Rai (Big C and Central Plaza) say I have to be done by Wiang Chiang Rung hospital.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

8 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine and 5 million doses of Sinovac vaccine are being administered through to the end of August 2021, while 15.38 million doses, mainly of the same two makes, have been administered in Thailand to date, according to the Prime Minister’s Operations Centre today (Friday).

Will the 13 Million doses of AZ and Sino soup be administered in the same way as the 15.38 Million previous doses were.

Of those 15.38 Million doses, only roughly 2 . 5 Million people have been second Vaxxed, and are therefore fully Vaccinated.

Therefore only roughly 10 Million have had a single dose of any Vaccine at all, which is a really poor performance on Vaccination.

• Like 2

I signed up for the needle on 30th. May. My appointment was 8th. July.

on that day I was told it was cancelled, only because my Wife asked them before I left the house. Told to check with the link using my 13 digit registration number. Checked on 9th. July, my place in the queue was 10159.

Checked again on 18th. July my place was..............10159

Checked this morning.............I will let you guess my place..............

Basically this inept corrupt government could not run a p***s up in a brewery.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Will the 13 Million doses of AZ and Sino soup be administered in the same way as the 15.38 Million previous doses were.

Of those 15.38 Million doses, only roughly 2 . 5 Million people have been second Vaxxed, and are therefore fully Vaccinated.

Therefore only roughly 10 Million have had a single dose of any Vaccine at all, which is a really poor performance on Vaccination.

A delicate balance between getting a single dose into as many people as possible, with the understanding that that is not perfect but maybe the best use of a limited supply.

And starting to deliver second doses begun on 7 June, which come due presumably at 8+ weeks, so starting 2 August.

I am seeing 3,583,759 double-dosed as of yesterday.

Covid-Factsheet_23-July.jpg

• Like 1

What’s the point of Sinovac it’s been deemed useless I can see Thais refusing it this government does not learn from its mistakes can only think that they are now stuck with this Chinese rubbish due to brown envelopes being exchanged anyway 13 million in August I will believe it only when they announce that they achieved there goal on the 31st August 2021 

Just now, crazykopite said:

What’s the point of Sinovac it’s been deemed useless I can see Thais refusing it this government does not learn from its mistakes can only think that they are now stuck with this Chinese rubbish due to brown envelopes being exchanged anyway 13 million in August I will believe it only when they announce that they achieved there goal on the 31st August 2021 

You should not say that here..... moderators have warned!

• Haha 1