2nd Dose If Given A Choice: AZ or Sinovac? (Sinovac 1st Dose Already Completed)

I have a friend in Chiang Mai and he got a text message from "Wall of CM" (CM Public Health) that he was now booked for vaccination at a local hospital.  He will get the Sinovac first and then 21 days later the Astra Zeneca.  If I was offered this I would decline.  The last time I checked even the WHO does not seem to support mixing of vaccines?  

Also, I just got an email from the US Embassy in Kuwait(I used to live in Kuwait) and Kuwait will allow foreigners into their country only if they are fully vaccinated;  For Kuwait a fully vaccinated person is one who has had two doses of:  Pfizer, Moderna and Astra Zeneca or one does of J&J.  So Kuwait will not consider one fully vaccinated if you get a mix of Sinovac and AZ.  I believe EU has the same standard?  For me one of the reasons to get vaccinated is to be able travel internationally again and the Chiang Mai Public Health formula does not do it for me.  

To enter my date of birth at expatvac.consular.go.th I have to tap the back arrows almost 800 times. Same for my wife's registration..... ????

EDIT: I experimented and found if you click on the year you can go backwards a year at a time. May be intuitive for some, but I stopped playing MYST many years ago. ????

Edited by Speedhump
Brainwave

On 7/29/2021 at 2:29 PM, Scouse123 said:

I am due my second jab beginning of September and I refuse to worry about things that I have no control over, as in Sinovac or AZ vaccine.

The efficacy of AZ as we all know is better and longer lasting but if only Sinovac available with 50% overall efficacy, although there are deep concerns about Sinovac and not protecting against the Delta variant.I will still take it and be thankful.

As my mother used to say ' 50% of something is better than 100% of nothing "

Bravo! This is what the French (et moi) call "savoir vivre." Elegantly put, in a few words expressing concisely your view on the human condition, and it's an intelligent one.

• Haha 1