Please help...Our dog bit our housekeeper today!

4 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Just asked my wife.She says about 6000 bht (1000) each time for rabies injections.

Even if your dog is vaccinated. The person bitten will still want the rabies shot to be sure.

Thats what we have had to pay in the past anyways.hope this info is of of some use.

350 for each shot in NE Thailand.  Just got my third jab. 400 baht when bit in Chiang Mai 6 years ago. Sure your wife is telling the truth but very cheap at most hospitals.  1000 baht is also not too bad and probably at a nice hospital.

6 minutes ago, bbko said:

Are you gaslighting they weren't?

Oh.....am I Tory?

Gaslighting is when someone intentionally hurts you by twisting your version of the truth into their own, resulting in invalidating your feelings. Most importantly, gaslighting makes you question your sanity and everything you once believed in.

No.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Never throwing money at it next time it could be a child visiting, there's 3 things in my book,  put a mussel on your stupid dog when people visit your home,  lock it up while people visit, or put it down. 

I disagree my dog bit someone too, he sneaked up behind my ex grabbing her. The dog saw it and nipped him. Can't blame the dog in this case. So it really depends on the situation. I have been bitten by my own dog (other), did not put it down as it was an accident.

If unprovoked then sure and your other remarks are true always keep an eye on a dog when people are visiting.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Denim said:

What breed of dog is it ? Some breeds are more aggressive than others. Big difference between a poodles bite and a pitbulls.

Wrong. If you are taking between the strength of a standard poodle with a propensity for viscousness and a small scared pit bull that was surprised by a child pulling its tail we have something to talk about.

There are no bad dogs, only bad owners. "Pit Bulls" have been unfairly charged and rallied against. It is true that people in my country (USA) low-life people actively breed, train, buy and and keep fighting bloodlines of so-called pit bulls purposely because as criminals they want a dangerous dog. But that had nothing to do with Thailand as far as I know.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, robblok said:

The dog saw it and nipped him.

There ya go a different situation a nip not a bite, my English springer Spaniel was the same but gave a warning first when with my two kids.

1 hour ago, jaiyenyen said:

I was bitten by a dog in my village last month. Rabies shots and 1 tetanus shot was 8000 baht.

You paid for the whiskey and BBQ party.  Seriously, you were taken advantage of.

• Like 1

Come on you do not need any help.

Am guessing you are an adult and therefore you should take care of this situation much the same way as you would if you were back in your home town.

PS, can i borrow a tenner, you seem pretty flush right now ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cunning Stunts said:

Never been too sure what gaslighting means.

Your statement of "You're assuming they were genuine rabies shots." is designed to try and make him question/doubt the medical treatment he received, hence my use of the word gaslighting. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Never throwing money at it next time it could be a child visiting, there's 3 things in my book,  put a mussel on your stupid dog when people visit your home,  lock it up while people visit, or put it down. 

What a sick comment you should be banned for that

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, gargamon said:

Kill the dog. It has proven it cannot be trusted. 

Or it proves the owner doesn't know the dog's behavior and didn't properly restrain it.

I live on Pattaya's Darkside, and have 3 dogs; 2 male Thai Bangkaews and a mutt.  My 2 Bangkaews are excellent guard dogs, anyone comes close to my property and they do their job; protect the house and my family.  When I have construction workers, distant family relatives, or strangers over; I make sure they are locked up/chained.  

Thai Bangkaews are famous for protecting the house, OP what breed of dog do you have?  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bbko said:

Or it proves the owner doesn't know the dog's behavior and didn't properly restrain it.

I live on Pattaya's Darkside, and have 3 dogs; 2 male Thai Bangkaews and a mutt.  My 2 Bangkaews are excellent guard dogs, anyone comes close to my property and they do their job; protect the house and my family.  When I have construction workers, distant family relatives, or strangers over; I make sure they are locked up/chained.  

Agreed. But in this case, the person bitten, a cleaner I believe, should have been well known by the dog, and not a target for attack. That's why I suggested killing the dog.

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

What a sick comment you should be banned for that

Why ??...   you think a dog biting a child is acceptable ?....  

Is is acceptable for someone to know their dog has bitten and may bite a child next time yet do nothing about it  ????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, thaitom said:

You paid for the whiskey and BBQ party.  Seriously, you were taken advantage of.

Not at all.

I got bitten  NOT someone else. 8000 baht was my bill from the local hospital.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

i don't think a mussel will help, it will just make the dog smell worse.  

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

read the op

The op's added information at the bottom of his piece was NOT there when I made my comment, as his subsequent comment makes clear.

Try reading the sequence.

6 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

Pay for her rabies shot! And put the dog down before it bites a child in the face!

Correct pay for the rabies shot but dont have it put down if its the first time. The only witness appears to be the maid. If the dog could talk their version could be very different. Also it doesnt sound like a very big bite more of a nip breaking the skin. If your maid starts work for you again you will have to lock the dog in a separate room. If you wanted the dog put down for aggression you will have to do it yourself because most vets wont.