Please help...Our dog bit our housekeeper today!

Any further action will probably depend on the attitude of the house keeper and any "advice" she gets from others I would guess.

Unless the event was witnessed as to cause and effect who knows what may or may not be any further outcome.

10 minutes ago, KC 71 said:

Just asked my wife.She says about 6000 bht (1000) each time for rabies injections.

Even if your dog is vaccinated. The person bitten will still want the rabies shot to be sure.

Thats what we have had to pay in the past anyways.hope this info is of of some use.

What did you do about your dog biting people ?

Restrain it ? Muzzle it when guests visits ? keep kids away etc ?

• Thanks 2

You must pay her medical ,you have already paid her wages for the week and you should give her another week off paid!   She should be able to attend to her medical needs with that .Get a copy of the invoice !

The issue is the dog ! Tie it up,when she is there ! If it bites again ,curtains for the dog.

Edited by riclag
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

Never throwing money at it next time it could be a child visiting, there's 3 things in my book,  put a mussel on your stupid dog when people visit your home,  lock it up while people visit, or put it down. 

Could not agree more........."oh well he has never bitten anyone before!!!!......the dog owners refrain.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Does the housekeeper have rabies? You don't want your dog infected. Just a joke. Don't overdo the compensation bit or you'll get taken advantage of. People are living in straightened times and an opportunity to take money from a farang is too good to be true. 

Questions - has the housekeeper been in the job long enough for the dog to get used to her?

Does the housekeep play with the dog or interact in any way normally?

Did you witness the attack?

Does the dog normally exhibit aggressive behaviour or is it possible that the house-keeper provoked the dog by her own behaviour, perhaps towards your family members unbeknown to you?

A settled family pet will seldom attack a person it's owner has brought into the family home on a regular basis - we have 4 dogs, 3 of which are adopted soi dogs - and once a person is in the home for two or three days they are accepted by the dogs and eventually the dogs will permit petting if that is wanted. Yet if you came in off the street unannounced I am pretty certain you would be attacked and we even have a warning sign on the gate with a photo of one dog, a long-haired and coarse-haired wolf-like big yellow dog that has a disposition towards eating strangers, yet that same dog can be quite soppy once it gets to know you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A good housekeeper is hard to find, lose the dog ????.

In all seriousness, you've done a lot already, how long has the housekeeper been with you?  My mother-in-law has a housekeeper/all around helper that's been with the MIL for almost a decade, she's almost part of the family.

39 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

1966366977_Screenshot2021-07-3013_12_43.png.edb402261c06025d4b66324985b0ee3e.pngMussel

745268946_Screenshot2021-07-3013_12_05.png.f1291fb37ddc13c3a69915bf5c9b7b56.pngMuzzle

Ok ???? fair call English spelling it not my best I rely on google but you know what I meant.

As for dogs that bite people in our village it has its head taken off with a shovel, can't afford Vets.

• Like 2

Bit the Thai housekeeper!

Hope the dog is OK

The FILs dog bit my daughter when she was about three years old, just a nip on her face and she still has the scar. Daughter was poking the dog with a skewer and she does not poke dogs anymore.

That dog is long gone. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

Ok ???? fair call English spelling it not my best I rely on google but you know what I meant.

As for dogs that bite people in our village it has its head taken off with a shovel, can't afford Vets.

No problem as I understood what you meant. Have a good day.

• Thanks 1