Please help...Our dog bit our housekeeper today!

17 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Has your dog been vaccinated for rabies? That is the major consideration in every case, not the money.

17 hours ago, Stuswife2830 said:

*Our dog is fully vaccinated, had her rabies shot in March 2021 and is due for her booster March 2022

Word about the 2,000 baht prize will surely travel far and wide and people will come from all corners of the Kingdom to see if they can be bitten by your dog.

I once fired a maid for good reasons and gave her 3 months compensation according to the law because she had been with us 3 years plus her 1 month in lieu of notice. The news of this astonishing rectitude by the mad farang became well known in the village snd the next couple of maids quickly became idle hoping to be fired with a generous windfall. I still regret doing the right thing to this day because Mrs Dog has the story firmly implanted in her memory bank of stories to dredge up and berate me with at inopportune moments.

7 hours ago, jaiyenyen said:

Not at all.

I got bitten  NOT someone else. 8000 baht was my bill from the local hospital.

What part of Thailand? Also, you got the full treatment which I think is overkill but definitely see why others would take this route.  The first shot (much more expensive and many hospitals don't have the concoction) protests you almost immediately, while I have always skipped this shot and took the normal round of three rabies shots with the first taking roughly 7 days to start protecting a person.  

19 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Never throwing money at it next time it could be a child visiting, there's 3 things in my book,  put a mussel on your stupid dog when people visit your home,  lock it up while people visit, or put it down. 

The onus is for the dog owner to train the dog properly. Locking it up or putting it down only show the flaws of your character as a human incapable of understanding this world consist of other living things that's probably more worthy of breathing than you. 

11 hours ago, Meat Pie 47 said:

What a sick comment you should be banned for that

Referring to a dog that bits and being concerned about children possibly being bitten is not a sick comment.

Typical of some dog owners making excuses for not training there dogs correctly.

If you want me banned for what I posted go ahead there's a report button use it. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lks7689 said:

The onus is for the dog owner to train the dog properly. Locking it up or putting it down only show the flaws of your character as a human incapable of understanding this world consist of other living things that's probably more worthy of breathing than you. 

What sad individual you are putting dogs before people. 

1 hour ago, BTB1977 said:

Reading the post may answer your question.  

You might care to read the sequence of posts at the beginning. The answer to my question was NOT in the original OP.

19 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Just asked my wife.She says about 6000 bht (1000) each time for rabies injections.

Even if your dog is vaccinated. The person bitten will still want the rabies shot to be sure.

Thats what we have had to pay in the past anyways.hope this info is of of some use.

Rabies injections hurt like hell, she should could compensation on to for the pain!

but aren't the creatures protected by law   how could you think about putting down a dog just for sinking its teeth into someone...dogs here are a menace my 6 year old bitten quite bad in a soi outside his house ..hospital job ..i asked my wife who will put the dog down   Cannot she said Cannot ...next day the mangy flea bitten thing back in the soi .....no one wanted to own up or pay any compensation ..bet it would have been different if id run the thing over . everyone in the Soi would have tried to claim it was thiers.. so for this lady offering to pay the cleaner was a good gesture but i doubt not one the cleaner would have got from a Thai employer..

19 hours ago, KC 71 said:

Just asked my wife.She says about 6000 bht (1000) each time for rabies injections.

Even if your dog is vaccinated. The person bitten will still want the rabies shot to be sure.

Thats what we have had to pay in the past anyways.hope this info is of of some use.

That most be for two people I guess, paid 1800 baht (paid back by local Thai insurance) at Loi Kroh and got a booster for free when the cat of the neighbour bit me last year (through my THai social security system). We had an electrician who got bitten by our dog, his insurance paid for it but he thought it was still necessary for us to pay him as well because I was a Farrang. He didn't know we knew.

We put warning signs on our gates now. Most problems are with the food delivery boys and girls as they all seem to stop in front of our gates. Found out that some of the neighbours are using our house and company as a reference because of the signs.

20 hours ago, riclag said:

You must pay her medical ,you have already paid her wages for the week and you should give her another week off paid!   She should be able to attend to her medical needs with that .Get a copy of the invoice !

The issue is the dog ! Tie it up,when she is there ! If it bites again ,curtains for the dog.

Pathetic advice. The dog will not have bitten her for nothing. I would suggest changing the maid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any dog if hurt even accidentally will bite. A small puncture wound is a warning nip. Talk to your local vet and boarding kennels and they will show you their scars. My dog likes to play bite when I steal his chewy. We keep him away from small children!

I find it amazing how so many people are happy to blame the housekeeper. According to you, dogs can do no wrong.

Let me give some more details about my case.

I was walking in the moo baan. A neighbor was sitting outside his house, having a few beers. his dog was on the opposite side of the road from him. I paid neither of them any attention. As I walked past his house (In the middle of the road), the dog ran up and bit me just above the knee. The owner saw everything, including the puncture wound and blood on my leg. When I complained to him, his answer was that maybe I fell over (<deleted>). He denied everything even though he was less than 3m away.

I told him I was going to get it looked at at the hospital and then making a police report. Which I did.

The Poo Yai Baan (My BIL) found the CCTV footage showing everything. The police made a visit and gave him 1 month to pay, but I know it's unlikely.

Finally, let me say that I like dogs and I've had them as pets in the past. If someone chooses to tease or torment a dog, they must expect to get bitten, that's the chance you take.

With regard to the hospital bill. I'm not a doctor so I took the advice of the hospital in having a course of rabies jabs and tetanus jab.

• Like 1

Did she get a jab for tetanus?! Dog is vaccinated for rabies, so that shouldnt be a problem.

But tetanus is another thing. Further you did all you could and is done..

Question is why did the dog bite? 

• Like 1