Thailand reports record high of coronavirus infections and deaths

webfact

Just now, Blumpie said:

Any news out of there?  

That place is nothing short of a disaster at the best of times for health care.

I posted yesterday that health experts are saying half of Myanmar will be infected within the nxt two wks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Marvin Hagler said:

it is still functioning and it won’t disappear and nor will the people.

?

555 disappeared yesterday because they are now dead and add over 400,000 and you think Thailand should go the same direction?  Unbelievable..

13 minutes ago, Saltire said:

I have 2 good friends in Pattaya reporting the same. So far they have turned up 4 days to be sent home, asked to return daily. He says he's tried many hospitals but none have a bed for them.

The situation now at 10-15 am is they gave him another test and sent him home and wait for the result this evening, 

3 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

I posted yesterday that health experts are saying half of Myanmar will be infected within the nxt two wks.

Pretty much a die at home scenario.  That is just awful.  

The delta variant is just ripping through the unvaccinated population like wildfire.  It's just awful.  z

31 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Southeast Asia reported over 98,000 new Covid-19 cases for the third consecutive day and a new high in fatalities on Friday, collated data showed. #Asean #COVID19 #ThailandNews #TheNationThailand

Asean Covid cases continue at above 98,000 for third day in a row

https://www.nationthailand.com/international/40003988

Vietnam back on upward trend for cases even with hard lockdown in Saigon and elsewhere. Same country listed zero deaths many days and in this chart 298.

12 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Kind of a personal question but why are your friends going to the hospital?  If they are only sick and don't need oxygen why would they need to go to a hospital?  

Is this some thai thing?

In the western world you just sit at home and get better unless you have breathing difficulties.  

The only 2 people I know in England who had it stayed at home were not admitted into hospital  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Kind of a personal question but why are your friends going to the hospital?  If they are only sick and don't need oxygen why would they need to go to a hospital?  

Is this some thai thing?

In the western world you just sit at home and get better unless you have breathing difficulties.  

They have both tested positive twice and their personal choice is to be in hospital care. One definitely has breathing issues. Sorry I do not have many details, just relaying what I they told me. He is mid-70's, wife 50.

Until very recently if you tested positive you were going to some facilty whether you liked it or not. I believe due to the bed situation some have changed to allow caring at home if you're not too sick.

Edited by Saltire

I always thought Thai's are a bunch of Hypochondriacs they're down that hospital at the drop of a hat, Look at the amount of pharmacies around, it is where I live 

So Im sure many of these positive cases could stay at home and self isolate, or is it they cannot be trusted to stay home..........?

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, DonniePeverley said:

Absolutely awful. This Indian variant has been horrific. 

Out of all this i still don't understand how the virus entered Thailand - is it safe to assume the borders were never secure at any point? The unstable situation in India and Myanmar was probably the route into Thailand. Surely those borders should have been manned with the military. 

Ah well, you know that, 60 million Thai's know that but nobody suggested it to those in the know, there all quite simple really.

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

I always thought Thai's are a bunch of Hypochondriacs they're down that hospital at the drop of a hat, Look at the amount of pharmacies around, it is where I live 

So Im sure many of these positive cases could stay at home and self isolate, or is it they cannot be trusted to stay home..........?

I'm not sure, we were supposed to stay at home and only call in if things got bad, LOL.  Most cases were treated at home, but there is lots of long COVID floating around.  It's brutal.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marvin Hagler said:

But life goes on…and it will always go on…the price is terrible but Myanmar will not disappear and when this is all said and done the deaths will be barely noticeable…same as Brazil and India

Indeed.

That's why nobody in their right mind wants to live in any of those countries.  

Edited by Blumpie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Oh my freaking god.

Who is in charge of that place?  No wonder this thing is spreading like wildfire.  

Do these people realize that if they get their shot and just caught it there it's going to do nothing?  Less than nothing?!

I would be taking one look at that place and foxtrot oscar out of here 

• Like 1

It's bad all around S.E. Asia...and record cases in Japan too. There was never any reason to think we wouldn't get hit hard like much of the world last year, despite the best efforts to keep the virus at bay. The plan now, like elsewhere, is carry on with mitigation measures to slow new cases and vaccinate like heck. With this, serious illness and death will be minimized. 

14 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Last day of walk-ins at Bang Sue Grand Station for the elderly, overweight people & pregnant women. 

The@MFAThai says they will launch a new registration site for all groups of foreigners in early August, though priority for appointments will still be given to vulnerable people.

https://twitter.com/ThaiNewsReports/status/1421309112600592385

ImageImageImageImage

Oh look there's more of Anutin's deceptive camera angles. Bang Sue is clearly almost deserted, anything else is fake news...

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blumpie said:

Pretty much a die at home scenario.  That is just awful.  

The delta variant is just ripping through the unvaccinated population like wildfire.  It's just awful.  z

For a very small percentage of people. For most it will be a case of staying at home feeling sick.

Not downplaying it in any way but no it doesn’t mean half of Myanmar will die.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Standby for further restrictions to come to Chonburi and the surrounding cities such as Pattaya. Stay safe to those that live in those communities.

Yes. Lock down some factories and workerscamps, not the whole province415681975_Screenshot2021-07-31at10-35-32Facebook-grupper.png.6bb3b80213d7fa48941399573475e8e7.png