Seriously, is this what I have to face (twice) to be vaccinated?

giddyup

On 7/31/2021 at 6:18 PM, bkk6060 said:

I went to Phyathai Hospital for mine.  It was better then the photo at Bang Sue and very efficient. But, the elevator was packed going up to the 9th floor I tried to hold my breath.  There were a lot of people lined up.  Then, checking in very crowded every seat taken people coughing and sneezing.  Some with their mask pulled down talking on their phones.

Which "Phayathai" hospital?     If you're referring to Phahaythai 2 in Bangkok what you describe is doubtful.    I had my vaccination there last week, midday/early pm.   There was no "lining up" and it was not "very crowded",  there were, maybe 30 people there but they were all there on appointments to spread the load.  People were seated, masked, distanced, no evidence of "coughing and sneezing" (everyone was masked anyway!).   Confirmation of the registration was speedy and no one was forced to use a "packed" lift.  I got into an empty lift.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I just got home after getting my (free) AZ shot at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya (BHP).

Last week I heard someone mention that they were registering people (over 60 and/or with underlying medical issues) but you had to get a doctor's approval first.

Spoke to my doc on Friday and her nurse went and put me on the list to get jabbed today.

Had an appt today (different doc) then went to the building they were doing the jabs but they weren't starting until 13:00.

Went back around 12:45 and there was about 50(ish) old farts already there, some with their better halves (but only the foreigners were getting jabbed). Had a simple form to fill out.

Naturally, it was bolloxed when they started herding people into the elevators so some bright chap got some squares of paper and wrote numbers on them and then handed them out to people in the crowd (in no special order as I ended up with #13 but a guy 2 ahead of me got #29).

Things went fairly smoothly after that. Groups of 5/6 called in and lined up at the elevators. Upstairs into another queue, wait to go to the "registration" desk where they checked your form and photocopied your passport, then to the next set of desks to get your blood pressure, then into the "needle room" to get your jab.
The nurse jabs you and gives you a paper which has your next "jab date" on it (late October for people jabbed today).

Then into a conference room for a mandatory 30 minute wait (to see if anyone keels over) and that's it !

I would suggest going there around 2 pm though. Went outside at 2:30 and there was maybe 4 people there. Not sure if they were leftovers from the "2pm" group or if they were early for the "3pm" group - if there even was a 3 pm group that is.

So, no big deal at all. 

But the kicker is, you have to have a doctor's appointment and he/she has to approve you getting the jab. And you have to have your original passport with you (no photocopies).
And of course, be over 60 (I didn't see anyone that looked under 60, with or without "underlying medical issues").

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you're referring to Phahaythai 2 in Bangkok what you describe is doubtful. 

Well, as I said in my post I went to Phyathai Hospital never heard of the place you are referring too.

And, everything I described in my post is 100% accurate.

Edited by bkk6060

A good friend of my wife went with her aging (around 80 years) parents to the hospital to get vaccinated. After a few days the 3 of them got covid. Daughter guesses that they got it queing for hours at the hospital. Ofcourse the parents were fine after a short stint in hospital. The overweight daughter noticed almost nothing.

Gotta remember covid is 99% (social media) hype and 1% danger. Danger shoved through the sheeples troats by big pharma and big tech promoted by our spineless politicians too afraid to take a different stance out of fear being cancelled.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Have you tried thailandintervac.com which directs you to places that are accepting registrations from the Pattaya area right now?   

They might be accepting registration from the Pattaya are, but are the vaccinations going to be performed in that area, because I see no Pattaya hospitals listed, only Bangkok. 

Edited by giddyup

27 minutes ago, giddyup said:

They might be accepting registration from the Pattaya are, but are the vaccinations going to be performed in that area, because I see no Pattaya hospitals listed, only Bangkok. 

I'm guessing they will set something up here. That's why they wanted to know your province/district/Amphoe when you registered. so they can determine how much is needed and where.

I like how they say that they will send an email and you have 24 hours to respond or they will cancel your appointment !

Crack that whip !!

(And wait for all the "but I'm busy getting my toes waxed that day, why can't I go whenever I feel like it because I'm special" posts that will surely follow.)

38 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Banglamung Hospital is being used for local vaccinations. My Thai wife received her 2nd jab today (AZ) after having Sinovac 3 weeks back.

She mentioned that a number of foreigners were also being jabbed, so they are getting registered by some means.

I am due to attend MedPark, Bangkok this Friday for my 1st jab. Hoping for AZ. Also tried BPH, but no luck. Am also registered on the recent expat vaccine drive that may include Pattaya, but unlikely any firm info on that until next week at the earliest.  

35 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

I'm guessing they will set something up here. That's why they wanted to know your province/district/Amphoe when you registered. so they can determine how much is needed and where.

I like how they say that they will send an email and you have 24 hours to respond or they will cancel your appointment !

Crack that whip !!

(And wait for all the "but I'm busy getting my toes waxed that day, why can't I go whenever I feel like it because I'm special" posts that will surely follow.)

My response was to the poster who suggested an alternative registration website thailandintervac.com

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

My response was to the poster who suggested an alternative registration website thailandintervac.com

Lppk up BPH as per this link

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/08/03/several-options-for-qualified-foreigners-open-in-chonburi-for-a-covid-19-vaccine-medpark-hospital-offers-nighttime-vaccination-period-for-foreigners-in-thailand/

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:
18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

If you're referring to Phahaythai 2 in Bangkok what you describe is doubtful. 

Well, as I said in my post I went to Phyathai Hospital never heard of the place you are referring too.

"Phayathai 2 International" is the correct title of a Bangkok hospital listed on the Thailandintervac site that is located on Phaholyothin Road, Bangkok, near the Victory Monument and is providing free vaccinations for foreigners. 

As far as I can see there is no hospital named just "Phayathai Hospital", they are "Phayathai 1", "2" or "3".   Maybe you're referring to Phayathai Sriracha Hospital?

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 7/31/2021 at 6:18 PM, bkk6060 said:

I am not sure there is any perfect place here that is risk free.  I went to Phyathai Hospital for mine.  It was better then the photo at Bang Sue and very efficient. But, the elevator was packed going up to the 9th floor I tried to hold my breath.  There were a lot of people lined up.  Then, checking in very crowded every seat taken people coughing and sneezing.  Some with their mask pulled down talking on their phones.

They are never going to come knock on your door so there is probably some very small risk if you want to get the shot now.

I you are so concerned, I suggest 2 masks, a plastic face shield, goggles, long sleeve shirt and long pants, rubber gloves and hope for the best.

I did Pyaithai as well only allowed 6 people in elevator when I went.  But the waiting room was sort of a different thing.  At least Starbucks was open.  Got a jab and got my fix at the same time.

16 hours ago, giddyup said:

Don't see any mention of BPH.

Pattaya News must have deleted the link after I pasted.

This was the link in the original article that I used to make my booking for the 19th:

https://healthrisk.bangkokpattayahospital.com/rvi_covid/rvi_add.php?fbclid=IwAR3gjxvyzylikklW0IA85gBWFjBOWkui0dlqRWM4pEnaoa1SfWCmTWOMqRg

I see you were able to make a booking, so good news all round!!

• Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 4:57 PM, Joinaman said:

so why bother ?

Basically if you live in Bangkok it's you're best option of getting a vaccination.

If like me you don't, there's no way I'm traveling to the city to get one or two.

I'll wait until the Bangkok drive slows down and the vaccine is moved out to the provinces.

Until then self protect and wait-it-out.

I don't think it will be as crowded now that they have stopped doing walk ins.

When my wife went in June, before walk ins were allowed, you just walked inside the building to the check in counter.

On 7/31/2021 at 5:40 PM, recom273 said:

people with common sense are so far and few in this country.

I've been here 25+ years and never seen a sign of it. Just today, I saw a young girl wobbling on her bike as she tried to steer one-handed while holding a bag of food, while she had an empty basket on the front of the bike. And how about this image - washing up liquid container 500ml, refill 550ml. You just have to shake your head.

13913811_10154417558733420_921851003093390951_o.jpg

On 7/31/2021 at 11:49 AM, giddyup said:

I don't know what the statistics are, I'm sure they'd be never published, but it looks to me like I'd be putting myself in danger of infection just being here.

Second time might be less dangerous, then all already have got their first jab...????

4 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Yep, I get my first AZ there next week, I only registered with them last week when the pre registration link showed up. ????????????????

Great, got mine last week in Bangkok.   Funny how some people, regardless of all the information out there, continue to post nonsense contradicting what's right there in front of their eyes, though!   Enjoy your jab, hope the following day is better for you than it was for me!

• Like 1

to be honest all you old fart 60 and over get your act together and get vaccinate already, we under 60 are waiting for you to get and done already, im tire sitting here waiting for 60 and above first bs, for f-sake.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, robbioff said:

Delta variant woohaahaahaa. Haven’t you heard about the new Omega variant, kills a grown man stone dead at 10 paces...

The covid tests do not test for variants....They only say positive or negative...There are no covid tests for variants....

Edited by redwood1

So many people all crowded together. Crazy! This is why my Thai wife does not want to get vaccinated in Bangkok and would rather wait it out isolated in our condo. In the meantime I went for my first AZ jab in Australia and there was no queue, zero people waiting. Went right in and came out a few minutes later. The only people there were the guy at the door checking my temperature and appointment details, a receptionist who filled out a medical form with me, and the nurse who gave the jab. The location was the local town hall which has a respiratory clinic.

• Like 1