Seriously, is this what I have to face (twice) to be vaccinated?

giddyup

On 7/31/2021 at 5:26 PM, internationalism said:

unless you have to go out every day from home, just stay put and wait for vax to come to pattaya.

Having registered with expatvac I have now received a message from the village clinic that Astra Zenica has now been obtained by the local hospital and our village (Isan) will get its share in the next few days, I had to give them a copy of my passport for registration, so things appear to be moving in the right direction although the village population seem unwilling to take the jab.

• Like 2

after being lucky, that your local population refused vax, so you can have yours, do move to pattaya, when they exceed 70% population jab sometimes around pattaya sandbox.

staying put in unvaxed village puts you at epidemiological disadvantage, also hinders your chances for a proper medical care in local hospitals for any condition

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vinci said:

to be honest all you old fart 60 and over get your act together and get vaccinate already, we under 60 are waiting for you to get and done already, im tire sitting here waiting for 60 and above first bs, for f-sake.

We can't do them ourselves... and if you think the old boys are dragging their heels, that would simply make them move on to the younger age groups sooner.

Youngsters are so dim......

Edited by jacko45k
  • Haha 2

On 7/31/2021 at 6:28 PM, redwood1 said:

I read on facebook the whole thing is a hoax....So you probably don't need the juice...

Ahhh Facebook, the true source of news and wisdom, it's a wonder the site doesn't collapse under the weight of its stupidity.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 9:16 PM, richard_smith237 said:

Can replace with faces a 'higher probability if exposed'.

Everybody will get infected eventually, same as the flu in winter, however being vaccinated will save you from the worst effects.

• Thanks 1

On 7/31/2021 at 8:45 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

Nice of you to move back a spot for her, if there was nobody behind you...

But common sense as compared to where? I recently read an article from USA, my home country, where a large gathering did not want to wear masks, a violation of their freedom... well, not smart but ok, I understand... BUT, they wanted the people wearing masks to remove them??? Shouldn't they be allowed their freedom too? 

Perhaps you're talking about the state governor of Florida, he made a (legal) decree that it's forbidden for people in restaurants, shops, public transport, offices etc., to wear masks.

At the same time he made this decree numbers of new infections in his state are very high and going up. 

None of this is of course by health analysis/science and basic virus spread activities, just pure politics to support his (rump) party.

How come Americans vote for these people, and to the extent that they win elections etc?

Edited by scorecard

On 7/31/2021 at 6:22 PM, 4MyEgo said:

Just in and not wanting to create further panic, but apparently in Massachusetts 74% of people were admitted to hospital, all having been FULLY vaccinated and now contracting Covid, that would tell me that Delta is getting through the vaccines, now what ? 

Just in and from what hole?  top or bottom? and where does it say 74% were admitted to hospital? Get your not-so-straight fact straight, man.

On 7/31/2021 at 7:49 PM, kynikoi said:

Don't bother. Just got word my 23yo niece who'd been mRNA vaxxed has COVID-19.

All a big laff really.

When will people ever learn that vaccines don't stop the virus from entering your body. Their job is to prepare "all hands on deck" for your immune system to do battle with these baddies once they're inside. Yes, she was infected, but what kind of damage was done to her subsequently? A little this (fever) a little that (sore throat, body ache), she'll be fine. Nothing to laugh at. Also how long after vaxxed that she got Covid? If less than 2 weeks then the vax prep wasn't done yet.

My experience in the provinces where the local health authorities had set up a vaccination centre for the province was different to the image in the OP.

I thought it was extremely well organised and professional.

I am sure that the demand is greater in the more urban areas and those areas more affected by Covid, however on the day that I experienced there were hundreds in the queue when I arrived and likewise upon my departure a couple of hours later. People were being processed efficiently throughout.

Today I witnessed another vaccination centre in a neighbouring province. From my vantage point it also appeared to be well organised.

The biggest problem seemed to be where to park the vehicles. The demand was substantial. 

1 hour ago, watthong said:

Just in and from what hole?  top or bottom? and where does it say 74% were admitted to hospital? Get your not-so-straight fact straight, man.

You obvious missed the whole point, it's getting through the vaccine, i.e. those 74% who were infected, regardless of being hospitalised, (later finding out) that 4 were hospitalised, that 74% who were infected go on to spread Covid.

Would you like to add something about that now ?

Edited by 4MyEgo

Seriously people.

Just because you see a line up of people outside a bank or post office or 7-11 doesn't mean there's a secret "vaccination" happening. 

As far as I can tell in Thailand (and I don't care what they do in other countries) they seem to only be doing vaccinations at hospitals. Not the "Government Savings Bank on the 3rd Thursday of the month" because I saw 3 people in line there".
(Yes, someone thought they were doing some kind of vaccination at a Gov't bank because he'd seen a line of people there on the 1st of the month. Like there usually is on the first of the month. I actually thought it was people lining up to cash in their lotto winnings (on the days when the 1st fell on a weekend for example).

There was one vaccination they did back in May that happened at the Sports Stadium in Pattaya where they did something like 5,000 people but bolloxed that up as they didn't control who had "registered" and who just "walked up" resulting in people who'd been registered and waiting for hours being left outside while people who'd just arrived walked in and got their jab.

(I have a few friends who got their Sino jab during that time and it started out nice and orderly and apparently went to **** later. Maybe that's why they didn't do it again.)
Oh look, there are 4 people outside of Siamburi's ! There must be a "secret vaccination" going on inside right now ! I know they like to have promotions and giveaways now and then, maybe they are giving a free vaccination shot with every purchase over 1,000 baht !

Oh wait, it was just 2 guys and their wives having a chat before leaving to go home. 

Panic averted !!

On 7/31/2021 at 5:45 PM, 1FinickyOne said:

Nice of you to move back a spot for her, if there was nobody behind you...

But common sense as compared to where? I recently read an article from USA, my home country, where a large gathering did not want to wear masks, a violation of their freedom... well, not smart but ok, I understand... BUT, they wanted the people wearing masks to remove them??? Shouldn't they be allowed their freedom too? 

Freedom is in the eye of the beholder if you're a hypocrit.

It appears that one in 4 of the people you see in daily life in America are dullards. The good news is that they seem to be combination trumpers and covidiots both. Otherwise it might be one in two.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, watthong said:

When will people ever learn that vaccines don't stop the virus from entering your body. Their job is to prepare "all hands on deck" for your immune system to do battle with these baddies once they're inside. Yes, she was infected, but what kind of damage was done to her subsequently? A little this (fever) a little that (sore throat, body ache), she'll be fine. Nothing to laugh at. Also how long after vaxxed that she got Covid? If less than 2 weeks then the vax prep wasn't done yet.

You're so shmart. Yeah, I got that my sub-genius friend. The irony is thick no? Especially that...

She's doing a masters at Boston College in Public Health.

Think she's with the right people to manage all that. Thanks for the smug guidance.

On 8/5/2021 at 11:14 AM, scorecard said:

Perhaps you're talking about the state governor of Florida, he made a (legal) decree that it's forbidden for people in restaurants, shops, public transport, offices etc., to wear masks.

At the same time he made this decree numbers of new infections in his state are very high and going up. 

None of this is of course by health analysis/science and basic virus spread activities, just pure politics to support his (rump) party.

How come Americans vote for these people, and to the extent that they win elections etc?

Poor standards of education and a fascist mindset

Quote: "Perhaps you're talking about the state governor of Florida, he made a (legal) decree that it's forbidden for people in restaurants, shops, public transport, offices etc., to wear masks."

Comment / Question, just asking, not arguing because I don't know:

Are you sure the "decree" didn't simply forbid restaurants from forcing people to wear masks??

Two completely different scenarios.

1 hour ago, OneZero said:

Quote: "Perhaps you're talking about the state governor of Florida, he made a (legal) decree that it's forbidden for people in restaurants, shops, public transport, offices etc., to wear masks."

Comment / Question, just asking, not arguing because I don't know:

Are you sure the "decree" didn't simply forbid restaurants from forcing people to wear masks??

Two completely different scenarios.

The Gov is against mask mandateshttps://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2021/05/03/florida-gov-desantis-latest-to-block-all-local-covid-19-orders-including-mask-mandates/?sh=1b6bc203a3a7

On 7/31/2021 at 5:51 PM, Ohyesuare said:

Outside + wearing masks, you're usually safe but the Delta variant is so contagious, who knows. For foreigners, there are better options in hospitals where you don't have to crowd like this. I am one of those that had to cancel another backup booking I made because I was lucky the first one was a success. MedPark bookings in August had open slots available for weeks. thailandintervac has new links now where you can register at various hospitals. Really no need to be crowding and waiting forever at Bang Sue for us "lucky" foreigners who are old enough or have an underlying condition.

I have an appointment at MedPark Friday @ 1:30. What were the crowds like?  How far a walk from the car parQ across the street? I am limited standing up for a long time. Thanks, I would to know whats in store