Seriously, is this what I have to face (twice) to be vaccinated?

giddyup

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Nice of you to move back a spot for her, if there was nobody behind you...

But common sense as compared to where? I recently read an article from USA, my home country, where a large gathering did not want to wear masks, a violation of their freedom... well, not smart but ok, I understand... BUT, they wanted the people wearing masks to remove them??? Shouldn't they be allowed their freedom too? 

No comparisons - In the UK and many other places in the world, people have to see big circles painted on the floor to enable them to stand a safe distance. I don't know if that's the nanny state or just helping people. I consider myself lucky, I'm one of the guys in the other post, living in my little compound, behind a closed gate in the village with 2 rai of land and time on my hands, just waiting for the time that I can receive a vaccine of my choice in a safe and orderly manner.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, recom273 said:

I'm one of the guys in the other post, living in my little compound, behind a closed gate in the village with 2 rai of land and time on my hands, just waiting for the time that I can receive a vaccine of my choice in a safe and orderly manner.

That is exactly my situation too, for 15 years - 2 rai, 4 family houses in the compound... loved it, come and go but now living closer to a metro area... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

Just in and not wanting to create further panic, but apparently in Massachusetts 74% of people were admitted to hospital, all having been FULLY vaccinated and now contracting Covid, that would tell me that Delta is getting through the vaccines, now what ? 

Actually, reading more about this, it turns out this was not 74% of all cases in Massachusetts, it was 74% of the cases in one small outbreak, in one single town where several, crowded public gatherings had been held.

This does not reflect the overall situation in the state, in fact quite the opposite. As the article below points out:

... the total number of cases among vaccinated people in Massachusetts remains extremely low, at 0.1% or 5,166 cases out of over 4.3 million fully vaccinated residents.

74% infected in Massachusetts COVID-19 outbreak were vaccinated

Edited by GroveHillWanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got dosed yesterday and it looked nothing like that. We were seated in a well spaced room where they rolled a cart along the aisles and jabbed us. Then we had to wait 1/2 hour and got to leave. No lines no fuss. It was at a smaller government hospital in Chiang Rai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, clivebaxter said:

Did you try mor prom? my tax number was accepted in May and selected private hospital which was excellent. I did have to try mor prom about 40 times before it worked though,

40 times , you are a patient man , most would of given up after 5 times 

2 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Outside + wearing masks, you're usually safe but the Delta variant is so contagious, who knows. For foreigners, there are better options in hospitals where you don't have to crowd like this. I am one of those that had to cancel another backup booking I made because I was lucky the first one was a success. MedPark bookings in August had open slots available for weeks. thailandintervac has new links now where you can register at various hospitals. Really no need to be crowding and waiting forever at Bang Sue for us "lucky" foreigners who are old enough or have an underlying condition.

better options in hospitals ?

you mean like our main hospital, where they wheel the covid patients past the outpatients, then into the lifts, that have patients/visitors already inside, and then wheel the covid through the general ward past the bedridden and helping families, into the isolation ward adjacent ?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, samtam said:

Yes. You can be vaccinated and get Covid. The point is that vaccinated people may suffer less than unvaccinated.

Yes. You can be vaccinated and get Covid. The point is that vaccinated people may suffer less than unvaccinated.

i like that word  MAY !

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, samtam said:

A point lost to most who think that being vaccinated is a perfect protection.

Certainly very much less likely to die  but even wearing a suit of armor does not mean  you will not get some bruising if it comes to a fight.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Joinaman said:
57 minutes ago, samtam said:

Expand  

i like that word  MAY !

Can replace with faces a 'higher probability if exposed'.

2 minutes ago, Nojohndoe said:

A point lost to most who think that being vaccinated is a perfect protection.

Certainly very much less likely to die  but even wearing a suit of armor does not mean  you will not get some bruising if it comes to a fight.

There are never any absolutes against risk. 

Flying on a plane comes with risk, a risk which is pretty much universally accepted. 

If anyone is suggesting that that the viruses are not effective because they cannot protect us 100% then they do not understand efficacy, effectiveness herd immunity and how vaccines actually function. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Joinaman said:

better options in hospitals ?

you mean like our main hospital, where they wheel the covid patients past the outpatients, then into the lifts, that have patients/visitors already inside, and then wheel the covid through the general ward past the bedridden and helping families, into the isolation ward adjacent ?

Wasn't like that at all at Phayathai-2, all separate from any patients.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, itsari said:

40 times , you are a patient man , most would of given up after 5 times 

Most (ok some) seem to spend their time complaining on here that they can’t get the vaccine rather than spend the same time researching solutions. 

There was one thread with more than 1000 posts full of people complaining they could not get vaccines. Yet the ‘lead’ whinger refused to answer the question of whether he had attempted to get the Yellow House book.

Thailand is most definitely a country where solutions are put on a plate for us, we have to dig and work solutions. 

I know its not all, I know there are very many genuine cases out there of serious people who really are up against it... Then there are others who complain yet if they pulled out their fingers they could find solutions....

Its just easier to complain in an echo-chamber than it is to try the Mor Promp app 40x or to call around every hospital you know to find an option.

I know one guy who’s yearly health insurance was up for renewal - He somehow managed to get vaccinated. Others have pushed to get vaccinated through their wife’s company. Others have outraged lied on the Mor Promp app or Med Park Registration claiming they have underlying illness (the Thai’s are all lying so expats lying is no biggie as far as I am concerned).

• Like 1

so glad I’m seeing this out as resident in Phuket

all Expats getting vaxed here under specific working schemes

first time website registrations & appt. selection

all separate from locals & migrants

vax centres in every expat population centre

appt. time concessions at vax centre

no real problems

non- WP expats waiting for our 2nd AZ jab next month

13 hours ago, internationalism said:

unless you have to go out every day from home, just stay put and wait for vax to come to pattaya.

I think this is best... we seem to be getting feedback of vacs being dome for foreigners now at BHP, and as we are a dep read zone, and Banglamung is turning into the worst hit region of the Province, I expect opportunities to open up now. 

Edited by jacko45k

11 hours ago, recom273 said:

In the UK and many other places in the world, people have to see big circles painted on the floor to enable them to stand a safe distance.

I think they do that at Buckingham Palace so you don't try and shake hands with the Queen too...ha ha ha

8 hours ago, The Hammer2021 said:

I was vaccinated in Pattaya this week and reported it on the relevant thread. Please don't spread disinformation.

BPH is not a vaccination centre, and it certainly was not common knowledge that they were offering vaccinations. I tried to register there 4 or 5 days ago and was told it wasn't possible at this stage.. I rang again this morning, no vaccines available unless your embassy approves it, so don't make it sound as if BPH is giving shots to all and sundry. Your info is false.

Edited by giddyup

12 hours ago, Ohyesuare said:

Sorry, but do you even read/watch what you post? 74% of the infected in that event were fully vaccinated but only 4 of them had to be hospitalized and no deaths (this was weeks ago).

My bad, was in a rush heading out the door.

Had to watch it twice again to pick it up at 0.08 in the video, i.e. 4 hospitalised, and read your article, noting that it wasn't 74% of Massachusetts, it was 469 people who were at outdoor events around Massachusetts, all 469 who were fully vaccinated with mRNA vaccines got infected, 4 hospitalised.

To conclude, I did say, it appears that the Delta variant appears to be getting through the vaccines.

That was the point I was trying to make.

On 7/31/2021 at 6:18 PM, bkk6060 said:

I am not sure there is any perfect place here that is risk free.  I went to Phyathai Hospital for mine.  It was better then the photo at Bang Sue and very efficient. But, the elevator was packed going up to the 9th floor I tried to hold my breath.  There were a lot of people lined up.  Then, checking in very crowded every seat taken people coughing and sneezing.  Some with their mask pulled down talking on their phones.

They are never going to come knock on your door so there is probably some very small risk if you want to get the shot now.

I you are so concerned, I suggest 2 masks, a plastic face shield, goggles, long sleeve shirt and long pants, rubber gloves and hope for the best.

Complete opposite of my experience at Phyathai.

Only 3 of us waiting in the reception downstairs, alone in the lift, straight in for jab (only 2 jab stations), and straight out again.

But when I got downstairs again the reception area was full (with no social distancing though), maybe you were one of them? About noon time?

Edited by LongTimeLurker

On 7/31/2021 at 4:49 PM, giddyup said:

I don't know what the statistics are, I'm sure they'd be never published, but it looks to me like I'd be putting myself in danger of infection just being here.

c1_2156895_210730062243.jpg

Luckily, there are choices, Bangsue is not the only option for foreigners' registration.

thailandintervac.com

• Like 1