New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

9 minutes ago, planemad said:

Got a phone call yesterday (Monday), Phizer, 1st jab 2:30. Bring passport. This was in Chai Nat, not renowned as a large expat community. On arrival seated with 4 other expats, check height and weight then off to the vaccination area. Blood pressure check, then, after a short wait off to the jab area. After, back to a waiting area to see if there any early complications. 30 mins later. blood pressure test again and check if feeling OK, given the hospital hotline number if a problem arises later. Provided with a certificate which also details second jab – 20 Sept. So, the registration site worked, I am 67 with no underlying health problems. Happy Days!

It's getting closer to me now but no calls or emails yet!  ☹️

3 minutes ago, kickstart said:

I just got a phone call ,come for your second jab ,I said I have not had the first jab yet ,OK they said ,tomorrow between 1-3 pm ,a short window .

This will be Lopburi province , not so many farangs hence the short window ,or they are trying to do as many provinces in a day as possibly, so looking at other posters and where they are ,they are getting about .

Hmmm, right next to Chai Nat in the post above. I hope they are working their way north!

32 minutes ago, planemad said:

Got a phone call yesterday (Monday), Phizer, 1st jab 2:30. Bring passport. This was in Chai Nat, not renowned as a large expat community. On arrival seated with 4 other expats, check height and weight then off to the vaccination area. Blood pressure check, then, after a short wait off to the jab area. After, back to a waiting area to see if there any early complications. 30 mins later. blood pressure test again and check if feeling OK, given the hospital hotline number if a problem arises later. Provided with a certificate which also details second jab – 20 Sept. So, the registration site worked, I am 67 with no underlying health problems. Happy Days!

how much notice did they give you?

Further to my post Saturday 24, Page 26...    Got an email  from Maha Public Hospital in Korat PM   Monday 23, to attend Central Shopping Mall Korat  10am  to 1pm   today Tuesday 24th  for Pfizer...    Went,   hundreds there, mainly Thais  getting 2nd Sinopharm needle.           Take  yr passport and address details, fill in a question aire, all in Thai,   Vaccinations started 10.50.    After the jab   waited 30 minutes and out by 11.22.     Back for second  needle 14th Septem,ber. same  time and place.

Now to  try and get my  3,300 baht   back from St Marys Private Hospital, tho they suggest I can nominate  someone else to take my place.. Hope my  wifes daughter has that much cash.!!

• Like 2

Just now, SantiSuk said:

Seems as though some lucky guys(/gals?) on here got Pfizer via expatvac.com with a second dose coming up quite quickly.

I had my AZ jab at Khon Kaen Central on Saturday, applied for via thailand intervac. 300km journey from Sisaket to get there but I don't mind that (enjoyed the drive - no checkpoints of course despite crossing several provincial borders; always has been a figment of Prayut's imagination) and it was all very efficient. I was a bit disappointed though to be given the appointment for the 2nd dose 8 weeks after the 1st.

Back to hunkering down!

8 weeks difference for the second jab is very good.  With the AZ, the more weeks in between shots, the better it is.  My Thai friends all got their AZ and they were not even given the second appointment date.  They had their shots through the social security office.

3 minutes ago, hay2008 said:

8 weeks difference for the second jab is very good.  With the AZ, the more weeks in between shots, the better it is.  My Thai friends all got their AZ and they were not even given the second appointment date.  They had their shots through the social security office.

Pfizer is 3 weeks between first and second shots

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

Further to my post Saturday 24, Page 26...    Got an email  from Maha Public Hospital in Korat PM   Monday 23, to attend Central Shopping Mall Korat  10am  to 1pm   today Tuesday 24th  for Pfizer...    Went,   hundreds there, mainly Thais  getting 2nd Sinopharm needle.           Take  yr passport and address details, fill in a question aire, all in Thai,   Vaccinations started 10.50.    After the jab   waited 30 minutes and out by 11.22.     Back for second  needle 14th Septem,ber. same  time and place.

Now to  try and get my  3,300 baht   back from St Marys Private Hospital, tho they suggest I can nominate  someone else to take my place.. Hope my  wifes daughter has that much cash.!!

Good luck with the returned money. I doubt that will occur. I hope I am wrong

• Like 1

6 hours ago, planemad said:

Chris B - I got the phone call at about 9:30 in the morning telling me to be at the hospital for 2:30 in the afternoon. Completely out of the blue, but very welcome.

New TAT motto: Amazing Surprising Vaccinating Thailand. 55555????

• Like 1

9:30 appt today….got to McCormick Hospital around 9 and there were about 150 already lined up…maybe 50 more lined up behind us….by 10 I had my shot and 10:30 heading home with second appt. for Pfizer Sept 15!

No side effects….none

Well organized and run start to finish….

When you see 200 falang all over 60 in one place the first thing you notice is 1 out of 3 have serious mobility issues!

You just have to stay active to stay healthy…..some there 70ish in terrific condition and spirits…healthy and happy!

Many were with their Thai wives all seemingly in the 40-50 age range????

Edited by Kanada
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Kanada said:

9:30 appt today….got to McCormick Hospital around 9 and there were about 150 already lined up…maybe 50 more lined up behind us….by 10 I had my shot and 10:30 heading home with second appt. for Pfizer Sept 15!

No side effects….none

When you see 200 falang all over 60 in one place the first thing you notice is 1 out of 3 have serious mobility issues!

You just have to stay active to stay healthy…..some there 70ish in terrific condition and spirits…healthy and happy!

What vaccine do the Thai wives get? No point in only one in the family getting vaccinated. Also amazing where these huge numbers of expats suddenly appear out of nowhere. 

18 hours ago, Kanada said:

No side effects….none

How did you get your Pfzer appointment at MacCormick? what age group etc...

Thank you!

I ask as I am in Chiang Mai patiently waiting...

1 hour ago, TravelerEastWest said:

How did you get your Pfzer appointment at MacCormick? what age group etc...

Thank you!

I ask as I am in Chiang Mai patiently waiting...

I made my application on the original site Wall of ChiangMai two months ago…received my 13 digit code and sat back and waited…had to be over 60 at that time! Those in front of me were all producing 13 digit codes that were only issued thru Wall Of ChiangMai I believe!

I also registered at the later Expat Vac site but I won’t hear from them as my passport number will show I’ve had my first and second scheduled!

Edited by Kanada

8 minutes ago, Kanada said:

I made my application on the original site Wall of ChiangMai two months ago…received my 13 digit code and sat back and waited…had to be over 60 at that time! Those in front of me were all producing 13 digit codes that were only issued thru Wall Of ChiangMai I believe!

I also registered at the later Expat Vac site but I won’t hear from them as my passport number will show I’ve had my first and second scheduled!

I wouldn't take that last statement to the bank just yet.

Registered Sunday in Udon Thani at what was basically a "pop up" site.  got a shot Monday. Tuesday evening got an SMS saying I've been accepted for a Pfizer shot on Wed in Udon Thani again. No way to contact back.

Wed evening got a SMS from Bangkok Hospital Khon Kaen saying.

Now I can't reply to Khon Kaen to say I've been vaccinated to clear up a spot for someone else.

So from last weeks frustration to this weeks flood of offers.

A309.png

I got a Pfizer jab today at Burriram Hospital. Next shot 16th next month. I am registered on the expat-vac web site however Burriram IC (also registered) come through with a text message yesterday to come same day or over the next 2 days. Surprised to get the Pfizer... Just under 60 years... Thank you my Puddah.. If it was  Sinovac I would have passed on the jab. Was expecting Astrazenica or the Sinovac.. 2.5 hrs..seven steps...all done.

• Like 2

I got my first jab yesterday ,got to the injection  centre the Tesco Lotus store in Lopburi,got my queue ticket  ,then someone took my Thai ID card ,an hour latter they come for my passport ,then I heard  they had stated a new queue ticket system ,got my passport back with a new queue ticket ,then I heard on they micophone  system they had  started  yet another queue ticket system ,my queue  ticket had PH  wrote on meaning Pfizer,

So when my turn come I asked ,and yes they were using two vaccines Pfizer and I think it was Sinovac .

A good few people they were in wheelchairs ,and a lot where 60 plus  years old ,and a good few where no more than 30 years old

It seemed to be run by the main Lopburi hospital ,which made sense not just bringing bus loads of people up  from Bangkok ,no blood pressure test beforehand ,a bit surprised ,but told  to rest for 30 minutes after the jab .get my next jab in 3 weeks ,I went on my own ,just glad I can speak Thai, but one nurse could speak some English 

On Thai tv this evening they said jabbed 6000 people over 2 days ,not bad for what I saw they were only two people actually doing the injections . must have upped the rate today

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just had my 1st Covid-19 vaccine shot yesterday at Central Plaza Khon kaen (Bangkok Hospital Khon kaen) throught expatvac sit.

Overall, the experience was good. The nurses and /or staff were all nice and very accommodating.

I arrived at around 2:10pm and I was already ordering triple cheeseburgers at around 3:00pm

I registered at expatvac site on the 1st of August 2021. I am under 60 years old.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rhodescan said:

I just had my 1st Covid-19 vaccine shot yesterday at Central Plaza Khon kaen (Bangkok Hospital Khon kaen) throught expatvac sit.

Overall, the experience was good. The nurses and /or staff were all nice and very accommodating.

I arrived at around 2:10pm and I was already ordering triple cheeseburgers at around 3:00pm

I registered at expatvac site on the 1st of August 2021. I am under 60 years old.

What vaccine was that?