New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

8 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I don't know how to do that on my tablet ? Why do they need this krap anyway ? All they have to say is produce passport & latest extension at wherever the jab is going to be done, jeez this country just makes life difficult from the moment you wake up to when you go back to bed.

Any and all applications you have made for vaccinations are tied to your passport number of course!

They keep track of first and second Vax shots that way….this program is first shots only!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

n the case of China and France I would say that they have gifted with a proviso that it be used for the donor countries citizens first,

In the case of France they have actually implemented a program of vaccination for their citizens in Thailand... seemingly a lot more 'efficient' way of doing things rather than handing over a load of vaccines to the Thai authorities and asking them to do it. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My point was that negativity is in relation to the way that the Pfizer vaccines are being distributed and not that vaccines are being donated, I would imagine that everyone, who is interested in receiving a vaccine, would be pleased that other countries are donating to Thailand, I know i am.

Yes but foreigners won’t be allocated any of the donated ones 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

In the case of France they have actually implemented a program of vaccination for their citizens in Thailand... seemingly a lot more 'efficient' way of doing things rather than handing over a load of vaccines to the Thai authorities and asking them to do it. 

Obviously France came out well with their donation program but one could say that China has at least covered their quota of Chinese in Thailand. USA donated “ requesting “ 10% to be given to their citizens and Japan just donated . 
All in all any and every donation is welcome.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cyril sneer said:

Yes but foreigners won’t be allocated any of the donated ones 

Do you know that for certain ?

How do you know this registration program isn’t for Pfizer ??

What about Medpark offering Pfizer for next week vaccination ?

• Like 2

Finally, after much effort, managed to register..   First  wouldnt accept my passport number,  said it was invalid???, then  couldnt get  scanned copy of both my passport and  visa page onto the allowed sight, so  just did my passport,  then  when finished and tried to submit,, kept getting failed reply,,,,persisted and  eventually OK.

Got e m ail confirmation back OK,  states   for those resident outside BKK area  and adjacent,  I will be notified where.when  to attend  for  the jab, probably Sinovac.  Not too thrilled about that, but as  virus cases increasing in our area,.... Nakhonnowhwere, ... I suppose anything is better than nothing.      Keep trying     everyone.   If  you do not acknowledge receipt of  notice  of where/when to attend   in email  , within 24 hours of being sent, you will be cancelled,  so make sure   you keep checking  your  emails...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HAPPYNUFF said:

then  couldnt get  scanned copy of both my passport and  visa page onto the allowed sight, so  just did my passport

I had that issue too, it would not accept 2 separate files, and frankly I couldn't be bothered creating a 2 page pdf or album single file with both enclosed, so they just got the passport. If they want the 2 items it should be possible to include or download 2 files. Didn't have your other issues though and actually thought things worked quite well at such short time. Let us hope it goes further.....

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Just did my registration. Not too difficult. First & only attempt worked properly & well, no sweat. Took all of 10 minutes including scanning the couple of pages of my p/p & loading them on to the site.

All good, No complaints. If it gets me my 1st jab some time in the next few days, I'll be quite content. (More than my b/f has managed to organise thus far!)

mfd101,  do you know if thai's can get the vaccine in Bangkok ? at a hospital somewhere and pay for it ? did the b/f find anything out .. ?    thanks. i'm checking for my thai friend. 

8 hours ago, skatewash said:

Yes, was a problem from 11:00 AM.  Data leak was fixed by 11:40 AM according to Richard Barrow who was one of the first to notice the problem.

Thanks for the update.

Thailand will be the finest hub for leaky apps.

Passport details leaked is no small thing.

I'm glad I final gave up on it.

Edited by MrJ2U
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I believe the guy selling ice creams from a red box on the side of his bike is doing them.... just listen out for the music. 

so early already special stuf smoking ?  ....Or is it only drinking ?????

2 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

I was able to drag and drop 2 photos together at the same time. 

Damn... never tried that, just tried using the 'Browse' 'Select' process twice.... oh well, don't expect one can go back and edit.

• Like 1

The big jackpot question is...

1. Is it better to get Pfizer 1st jab now, not knowing when 2nd jab will arrive

2. Or wait until October for Moderna from the private hospitals, assuming of course that it actually will come on schedule, or at all.

I'd hate to be stuck with the 1st jab and unable to find the 2nd jab until next year... Meanwhile folks who waited getting both jabs in October...

And relax!

Now that nany have received their confirmation emails and now await another with 'local vaccination centres' details, what do you reckon happens next?

In the real world of computing, they should filter the data according to their published priorities, ie old, with underlying conditions etc. So they should filter the database by age, by medical issues, by location etc.

And as for location will they add a filter that shows 'too far from Bangkok, and only a handful of foreigners' so let's ignore them for now.

I hate being negative but as someone who spent their whole life project managing IT systems, now I just shake my head.

Just now, boingrosen said:

Would be great if you actually could register your email address. I can't register my email and none of my friends have been able to register their email addresses either

Picture1.jpg

From first access i did not have email problem .....( common one of the 2 traditional oldies ) but problem for my middle names, tried different outlooks, only when i used first letter for both it worked .

about the pdf /jpeg upload s , i put them traditional one by one , only one to see in box ....But ,when pointer in box and moving i could see the other one , like scrolling in the box ...., and registration was accepted . 

• Like 1

so am I correct in saying that this registration is part of this 1.54m  Pfizer doses donated by the US.   ?

If so ,    we will be allocated Pfizer   ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

front line health workers to get part of the 1.54 million doses donated by the US government. 

Traisuree said that front line health workers would get 700,000 doses and 645,000 doses would go to people with high risk of death from Covid-19.

A total of 150,000 doses would be split between the elderly, those with seven underlying health conditions, women pregnant for 12 weeks, foreigners residing in Thailand and students going abroad. 

5,000 doses are going to research purposes and 40,000 doses are being kept in reserve for possible new variants.

Content just to have registered and got myself in the system for now, sometime in the next couple of months I'll no doubt get the pleasant surprise of an email requiring my presence. With the continual state of shutdown, personal common sense with daily activities and a healthy sense of perspective regarding the daily case information, I don't have a problem exercising a bit more patience.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, boingrosen said:

Would be great if you actually could register your email address. I can't register my email and none of my friends have been able to register their email addresses either

Picture1.jpg

your email address might be too short or too complicated for their system.

do use gmail. If problem persist put full stop anywhere in the first part of email address. I did just that and solved problem

5 minutes ago, steven100 said:

so am I correct in saying that this registration is part of this 1.54m  Pfizer doses donated by the US.   ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

front line health workers to get part of the 1.54 million doses donated by the US government. 

Traisuree said that front line health workers would get 700,000 doses and 645,000 doses would go to people with high risk of death from Covid-19.

A total of 150,000 doses would be split between the elderly, those with seven underlying health conditions, women pregnant for 12 weeks, foreigners residing in Thailand and students going abroad. 

5,000 doses are going to research purposes and 40,000 doses are being kept in reserve for possible new variants.

That seems to be the hope in general and it has coincided with the arrival of the Pfizer donation.

But Medpark in Bangkok are now saying “ Pfizer available “ from next week on their registration site just to cloud the waters further .

Time will tell.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Tend to think they have made most think it will be Pfizer but more likely a Sino something with Pfizer vaccine being allocated to " front line workers" with uniforms.

• Like 1

Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

That seems to be the hope in general and it has coincided with the arrival of the Pfizer donation.

But Medpark in Bangkok are now saying “ Pfizer available “ from next week on their registration site just to cloud the waters further .

Time will tell.

could be those "5,000 doses are going to research purposes " might  read:  " market research purposes " ...????

53 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

The big jackpot question is...

1. Is it better to get Pfizer 1st jab now, not knowing when 2nd jab will arrive

2. Or wait until October for Moderna from the private hospitals, assuming of course that it actually will come on schedule, or at all.

I'd hate to be stuck with the 1st jab and unable to find the 2nd jab until next year... Meanwhile folks who waited getting both jabs in October...

there won't be any pfizer through this registration.

they have never claimed anything, even hinting to it.

However, the foreign ministry might have some for themselves and for their hiso associates. This new registration gave them chance to put their names using their foreign or diplomatic/consular passports. Many from hiso do have multiple nationalities, for easy travelling, hiding their assets abroad. Some poor and corrupted countries just sell their nationalities for millionaires.  

Edited by internationalism
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

On 8/1/2021 at 8:23 AM, jacko45k said:

Opening soon..... any good odds it is not open by 11.15?

Now one little question, Seeing the government ordered these millions of Pfizer vaccines can I register for them and get my jabs at my public hospital as there are no private hospitals in my area? Or is this site just for Chinese vaccines?

10 hours ago, skatewash said:

I believe Canada and Germany have mixed AstraZenica (1st) with an mRNA vaccine like Pfizer (2nd) or Moderna. 

'They' seem to be making it up as they go along,  without any deep knowledge or regard for the longer term impacts, that we have all yet to see.  It's akin to using a 50 megaton bomb to clear out a hornets next. The collateral damage may yet be considerable and unknown.  I am not a vaccine denier, I will take a vaccine when available , but I am not reassured by the lack of scientific rigor and accountability in all of the vaccine programs, for the longer term effects. The deep science and peer review processes that the scientific community live by seem to have been kicked into the long grass in terms of Covid. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, internationalism said:

your email address might be too short or too complicated for their system.

do use gmail. If problem persist put full stop anywhere in the first part of email address. I did just that and solved problem

I did the same and then it worked. I was surprised that you can change an email by adding a full stop and it still works though.

• Like 1