New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

36 minutes ago, steven100 said:

unless you have an underlying disease or your over 12 weeks pregnant ........   

you won't be eligible unless your over 60yrs of age.  

Well, it's odd then that they sent me the invitation letter as when I registered with MedPark I indicated I was under 60 years old.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I didn't know we can select several pics at once. I tried to upload twice but the first one got deleted so I just edited the picture to place the passport and visa page side by side in one picture instead.

I hope they will accept that.

Nobody told us we must press the ctrl key first.

It's a computer knowledge "thingy", to press "control" in order to select more than one file or pic' --- not something singularly related to this website.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

Is this offering for those  60 - 74 only?

There were three categories, but to be honest I only paid attention to the 60-74 class.

"You have successfully registered for the FIRST dose of COVID-19 vaccination."

Registered! I will post of any further information.

1 hour ago, sanuk711 said:

Has anyone mentioned the date of birth---(cant be bothered to read 13 pages)..... its current and to get your DOB you click it back..1 month at a time..... (unless someone is going to point out what an idiot I am) over 900 clicks to get back to the 1940s...........:w00t:

I was testing my patience with the one click deal when Lo! And behold!

Suddenly choices of decades

came up.????

7 hours ago, khunpa said:

OMG! Again a very simple registration system that does not work smoothly.

It is SO easy to make systems like these. I would even offer to do it for FREE, if they need help. But I guess they do not.

Such a waste of time and frustration, when something like this does not just work.

You express your feelings very calmly.

It could be a matter of life and death for some to get the vaccination which the government in its infinite wisdom has decided to not make the process simple and easy to use.er is responsible for 

Shame on whomever is responsible for the releasing of this registration page.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Well, it's odd then that they sent me the invitation letter as when I registered with MedPark I indicated I was under 60 years old.

well,   im just saying what the MedPark hospital vaccine states :

image.png.c0e098e1b01c2e22d1788f5277679875.png

• Like 1

Just did my registration. Not too difficult. First & only attempt worked properly & well, no sweat. Took all of 10 minutes including scanning the couple of pages of my p/p & loading them on to the site.

All good, No complaints. If it gets me my 1st jab some time in the next few days, I'll be quite content. (More than my b/f has managed to organise thus far!)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

well,   im just saying what the MedPark hospital vaccine states :

image.png.c0e098e1b01c2e22d1788f5277679875.png

I'm not sure where our misunderstanding arises from.  When I read criterion 2 above it couldn't be clearer to me that:

2. You must be (any of the following ) 60 years old or above / has underlying disease(s) / over 12 weeks pregnant

"any of the following" means just what it says it means.  Any of the following does not mean all of the following.

If you are say 56 and have one of the underlying diseases then you certainly qualify under that formulation, on the basis solely of having an underlying disease.  Or say, you are over 12 weeks pregnant, I don't think it then matters whether you are over 60 years of age or have an underlying disease; the pregnancy is enough to qualify for criterion 2.

Edited by skatewash
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, sanuk711 said:

Has anyone mentioned the date of birth---(cant be bothered to read 13 pages)..... its current and to get your DOB you click it back..1 month at a time..... (unless someone is going to point out what an idiot I am) over 900 clicks to get back to the 1940s...........:w00t:

I just put in my date of birth using the Thai date format ( 2492/08/06 ) and that was accepted OK . 

Regarding who is going to get the Pfizer vaccines, if that is indeed what we have just signed up for ?, according to the registration it’s for first vaccine only but i am assuming that is only foreigners as it has been mentioned as a booster for front line health workers ( who I believe mainly had Sinovac early doors ).

The gf tells me that there’s plenty of ill feeling floating around FB and Line etc regarding Thai people claiming they have been coerced into taking a Sinovac or AZ jab and are now not eligible when the “ good stuff “ has arrived in line with this infographic.

E107EDA8-F670-4759-B8F5-17584637CA68.thumb.jpeg.3f850f47e4ee03dade5665ab5e2f54a3.jpeg

Seems like the “ to mix or not to mix “ rulings are becoming even more complicated !! or just being made to suit someones wishes ?

I can’t see why 2 x Sinopharm is any different to 2 x Sinovac ??

4 hours ago, mikebike said:

Ah... the browse only allowed 1 item. Drag'n'drop allowed 2 both shown.

I don't know how to do that on my tablet ? Why do they need this krap anyway ? All they have to say is produce passport & latest extension at wherever the jab is going to be done, jeez this country just makes life difficult from the moment you wake up to when you go back to bed.

3 hours ago, skatewash said:

Interesting that STVs don't qualify but Elite Visas do as I thought both where varieties of Tourist Visas.  Glad if that's the case though as it seems anyone here should be able to get vaccinated without regard to visa status (as long as here legally) and they meet any prioritization requirements (age/health, etc.).

Fromwhat others have described it does not sound like visa details are requested.

10 minutes ago, skatewash said:

None of the Pfizer vaccine that is part of this distribution effort was paid for by anyone other than US taxpayers.  The entire tranche was donated by the US with no strings attached.  Some has been allocated by the Thai government as third doses for medical personal.  Part of the allotment has been allocated to foreigners in Thailand.  Part of the allotment will go to the elderly (60+) and those with existing medical conditions, both foreign and Thai.  Mixing vaccines is something that several countries are already doing.  For example, I believe Canada and Germany have mixed AstraZenica (1st) with an mRNA vaccine like Pfizer (2nd) or Moderna.  There is a world-wide vaccine shortage and there is one in Thailand.  There's absolutely no way to deal with this shortage that makes everyone happy.  I'm a bit surprised at the negativity that this donation has apparently unleashed.  Indeed, it seems no good deed goes unpunished.

My point was that negativity is in relation to the way that the Pfizer vaccines are being distributed and not that vaccines are being donated, I would imagine that everyone, who is interested in receiving a vaccine, would be pleased that other countries are donating to Thailand, I know i am.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Fromwhat others have described it does not sound like visa details are requested.

Thats what stopped me proceeding.  I sent my passport to my agent without taking a picture of my visa.  I thought you needed to upload your visa.

7 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

My point was that negativity is in relation to the way that the Pfizer vaccines are being distributed and not that vaccines are being donated, I would imagine that everyone, who is interested in receiving a vaccine, would be pleased that other countries are donating to Thailand, I know i am.

I'd rather have the pfeizer that was donated by the US.  Any leftovers I'd be happy to share.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Fair enough.  The distribution won't please everyone.  It can't.  So who on the current prioritization shouldn't be there?  Medical staff who are expected to treat possibly infected patients?  Elderly?  People with medical conditions that have been shown to have particularly bad outcomes?  Foreigners?  Americans who actually paid for the vaccine?  It's easy to be critical and anyone can criticize the current one, but what distribution scheme would they use?  Again, it won't please everyone.   It seems to me there's actually a rational basis to this distribution.  It's not my preference.  Given my preference the vaccine would have gone first to the American expats who actually paid for the vaccine with their tax dollars.  In much the same way that other countries have ensured that their citizens received the vaccine (France, China).

• Like 2

1 minute ago, skatewash said:

Fair enough.  The distribution won't please everyone.  It can't.  So who on the current prioritization shouldn't be there?  Medical staff who are expected to treat possibly infected patients?  Elderly?  People with medical conditions that have been shown to have particularly bad outcomes?  Foreigners?  Americans who actually paid for the vaccine?  It's easy to be critical and anyone can criticize the current one, but what distribution scheme would they use?  Again, it won't please everyone.   It seems to me there's actually a rational basis to this distribution.  It's not my preference.  Given my preference the vaccine would have gone first to the American expats who actually paid for the vaccine with their tax dollars.  In much the same way that other countries have ensured that their citizens received the vaccine (France, China).

Agree, the American expats should have been first on the list ( i am not American just for info ) and then front line medical workers, elderly with medical conditions, elderly. But, as you say , cannot please everyone and i am glad I don’t have to make the all important decision of who should receive which vaccines and when.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, macnmotion said:

There is no need for any of this. I've confirmed (by searching the insecure database when it was open to the world) that all email addresses were captured, even if it said it was already used. They will likely send out emails to all the email addresses that don't also contain the rest of the form information with links to complete the form. That is if they can figure out how to query the database for the correct records LOL

And you were right!!!! 

I got the link to complete the application and successfully did so this evening.

Kudos to you sir.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

In the case of China and France I would say that they have gifted with a proviso that it be used for the donor countries citizens first, presumably any excess goes to benefit all the people in that country.

Countries with citizens in danger elsewhere in the world should be looking after them directly I agree but no it doesn’t work that way.

Of course, I expected people to cite a few examples of funding with some provisos.

I didn't expect anyone to use China's version of "international aid" as an example!

Chinese foreign aid - Wikipedia