New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

13 minutes ago, skatewash said:

I don't think so.  The announcement I posted is 3 hours old on the MFA facebook page.  It is in translation so when they say "some 150,000" vaccines I guess they could mean some part of the 150,000.  We will see, I guess.

FWIW....

Your version is coming from MFA, the folks who don't actually handle the vaccine distributions and have been almost constantly wrong about countless expat vaccine info details since the outset.

The info I posted above is coming straight from the Ministry of Public Health, the folks who actually do handle the vaccine distributions.

But we may never know one way or the other, since I seriously doubt there ever will be any REAL meaningful public accounting of just what ends up happening with all the Pfizer doses.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, greenmonkey said:

I finally got the email with registration link... feeling very uneasy about uploading my passport photo which includes my personal info (name/DOB) and my signature. Bearing in mind how easy these sites are to hack... anyone else reluctant to do it or am I overthinking this??

I was also successful and like you I'm uneasy about it, especially since all data was accessible to anyone on that website for a coupe of hours after they opened for registration. They've apparently closed the loophole but still........

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

FWIW....

Your version is coming from MFA, the folks who don't actually handle the vaccine distributions and have been almost constantly wrong about countless expat vaccine info details since the outset.

The info I posted above is coming straight from the Ministry of Public Health, the folks who actually do handle the vaccine distributions.

But we may never know one way or the other, since I seriously doubt there ever will be any REAL meaningful public accounting of just what ends up happening with all the Pfizer doses.

Good point!  MFA is not exactly gold standard of information on any topic.  Have heard from someone who successfully registered but was not given Pfizer (instead appointment for AZ or Sinovac, I forget which).  Maybe the Pfizer is gone already or they are prioritizing for the elderly (60+) and people with the underlying diseases, and possibly he didn't qualify.

I don't know.  Hopefully future reports from people will shed a little light on this dark corner.

4 hours ago, steven100 said:

Excellent news on vaccination for expats from the Thai government & Khun Prayut.

Hopefully it won't be too long in administering and hopefully Pfizer .....   we'll see.

In its a lot of required paperwork.  Doctors notes.

They need to make this simple.

Probably just Sinovac so I don't mind missing it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Well, my perfectly working email is invalid. So there!

A common problem.  When you get the error hit the refresh button.  Some are reporting that it solves this problem.  Also, people reporting very long wait times to get confirmation email.

13 minutes ago, Phoenix Rising said:

I was also successful and like you I'm uneasy about it, especially since all data was accessible to anyone on that website for a coupe of hours after they opened for registration. They've apparently closed the loophole but still........

so did you submit  the photos? I was thinking of blurring out my signature but then I risk having my application rejected. I think I am going slowly mad...

2 hours ago, RAZZELL said:

I believe in miracles.

After trying with 6 emails and making a new one at protonmail...no joy.

Tried adding the "." eg.  [email protected] with no success, with my main email, yahoo, and gmail accounts.

Tried with [email protected] and - Voila! Success!

Filled the online form in with name, address and passport details. NOTE- Uploaded passport and original entry visa from a few years ago in one go.

Whole process "only" took 2hours and 50 minutes...

Off to buy a lottery ticket....

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 12.51.38.png

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 12.52.35.png

Thanks for that. I opened a protonmail account and was able to register successfully. I now understand it is the 'full stop' in the email address which is important.

Anyway, I was a little confused about uploading the passport page and the visa extension page! After doing one, the other seemed to replace it which worried me. However I must have uploaded about 3 or 4 copies of each now! ????

Now, I am waiting for the appointment which is promised within 24 hours?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

They want a copy of your passport and a copy of your visa, but the registration form only accepts 1 photo and not 2.

Perhaps both in a single pdf file would work. Seems rather demanding, but whatever it takes I guess...

I decided it might prove an exercise in frustration today,  being new, so went beer shopping... perhaps get to it tomorrow.

Good luck with it.

1 hour ago, Saltire said:

Finally got a message to check my email but so far its been 30 minutes and no email yet.

How long till you get the email? Should it be instant?

I have just received my email after after 4.30 hours!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

At 5'25 Succeeded from first try .....,????

but only after a few problems about middle name (wrong ?) so i tried different combinations , and with only the first letter from both  middle names it took it .

Mail received and now must check regular times Email as only 24 hours to confirm (whenever they send time and slot )

So i think now i must take a Euro millions ticket ....., as a Thai Gov. website grant me a GO  access ...... ????

my luck must be in the stars as of now ....????

2021-08-01_152340.png

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

Been trying unsuccessfully to register for over 4 hours by typing in my email and hitting the NEXT button, but nothing happens. Just out of interest I typed in my Thai partners email address and immediately got the message that an email confirmation would be sent. Why won't it accept my email?

Finally I have success!

I think that the problem that i was having was to do with the file size of the uploaded passport image.

I initially uploaded a PDF of the passport data page and latest extension stamp and this was probably too large.

Just the data page as a JPEG seems to have worked.

Selection_009.png.0cad07517c7ed220f97350f02a6d400f.png

Just found out that they were doing walk in vax for foreigners at the Royal Project in Chiang Mai today.

No email received from this site unless they are arriving 4 hours after submission? 

Edited by Thailand

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

In one of Richard Barrow's twitter threads on the site's security breach, people are posting pictures of the database, with people's names and emails blacked out.  One person said they saw "a lot of" (number unspecified) of Thai names on this foreigner registration app.  I suspect that that is where it is possible many (most?) of the Pfizer doses will go: to Thais who also hold an American or other foreign passports. 

what if the foreign ministry website is just a hoax, sham - just a backdoor for thai elite, much associated with this ministry, to get not just sinovac and the AZ (which they already had and don't want anymore), but pfizer as a 2nd dose or even as a booster? 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Thailand said:

No email received from this site unless they are arriving 4 hours after submission? 

Yes 4 hours and a bit for me. Just registered with all documents successfully.

However as shown in the screen shots above if outside Bangkok and those provinces you may have to wait until they have a local appointments available.

• Like 2

WHY does filling out and sending a simple web-form have to be a Sudoku-like challenge? And it is every damn time!!!

Who is programming this <deleted>? For sure nobody is doing testing before release. And nobody is using common sense when programming it.

Just for once hire ANY decent web-bureau, instead of letting family members do this. For God Sake… how hard can it be??

We will all die of old age or covid, before they get this to work.

Edited by khunpa

1 minute ago, khunpa said:

WHY does filling out and sending a simple web-form have to be a Sudoku-like challenge? And it is every damn time!!!

Who is programming this <deleted>? For sure nobody is doing testing before release. And nobody is using common sense when programming it.

Just for once hire ANY decent web-bureau, instead of letting family members do this. For God Sake… how hard can it be??

When a 17 year old intern who happens to be the nephew of the big bosses wife's sister says he knows html, you just nod and say okay.

2 minutes ago, topt said:

Yes 4 hours and a bit for me. Just registered with all documents successfully.

However as shown in the screen shots above if outside Bangkok and those provinces you may have to wait until they have a local appointments available.

No problemo ...., i would gladly wait until Pfizer , Moderna or J&J is available for us