New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

3 minutes ago, steven100 said:

no ... on a computer .....  I just did the browse, placed the pic in .... and then the stamp ....  but it always only shows one item in the box ( the last item placed )  ...  even though there is two ....

just saying ... thats what happen to me.

Ah... the browse only allowed 1 item. Drag'n'drop allowed 2 both shown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, topt said:

You need to add them together at the same time as mentioned some pages back.

Control click on each picture then both should go together. Easier if both are in the same folder and next to each other.......

How does that help steven100 then? He has already submitted the application. Me too. Are you suggesting we do another? ????????

5 hours ago, In Full Agreement said:

I chuckled  to myself at the bottom threat  on the registration site.    It's even in RED!

So if I provided any false information  I'm told I wont' be able to register on a vaccination site and will be  relegated to  spreading the virus among  both expats and Thai citizens as a punishment.

I'm disappointed the site wasn't made  so that it was as simple as possible.     It was only by happenstance i uploaded both images, passport front page and visa  page,  simultaneously.    Unfortunately the  website constructor didn't think to provide instructions to do so.

I never  did do the  birthdate.   I asked the Thai wife to do it as she has more patience  for such things.

I just figure it's another brick in the wall of not making a COVID-19 vaccination easily accessible for  expats.

Please bring on a walk up  and pay for an immediate vaccination at a private hospital or clinic.

threat.png.9daf0ba5a2faa9096371003c91a8c323.png

But which hospitals and which provinces and with what vaccinations?

My wife and my neighbour told me last night that with the help of the Poo Yai Ban I was offered several slots but they declined them for me.

The nearest was at Ayutthaya some 250 km and nearly 4 hours drive away, the next was in Nathorn Pathom around BKK nearly 400 km each way, and another was further south of BKK.

I had registered at the local clinic attached to the local hospital 15 km away.

Something seems to be happening for us farangs, but what and where is a bit vague at the moment.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

How does that help steven100 then? He has already submitted the application. Me too. Are you suggesting we do another? ????????

No.

I did not notice he had already submitted but it may help others. ????

• Like 1

Just now, sanuk711 said:

Has anyone mentioned the date of birth---(cant be bothered to read 13 pages)..... its current and to get your DOB you click it back..1 month at a time..... (unless someone is going to point out what an idiot I am) over 900 clicks to get back to the 1940s...........:w00t:

Well.......

It is definitely not intuitive but you click on the right arrow from memory and then you can go back in the years one click at a time. Still a lot of clicks......then do month and day

• Like 2

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Why does Thailand have such a hard time with relatively simple web design and function? We see this over and over again. 

Do they ever do beta testing, of any sort? 

It's amazing! Yet I managed to register at Med Park Hospital using their flawless site in only a couple minutes. The government attempts at web site construction are truly pathetic. Who do they hire???? Competent web design is easily available here so I can only guess it is nepotism run amuck or....?????

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, topt said:

Well.......

It is definitely not intuitive but you click on the right arrow from memory and then you can go back in the years one click at a time. Still a lot of clicks......then do month and day

.................................Duh.........................????

3 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

.................................Duh.........................????

If you click on the year at calendar box top twice it will give the decade then you gan go back by clicking the left double parenthesese (chevrons) and then select your year when you have travelled back in time far enough. TBH I can't remember exactly what I did after I got so piffed off with it!.

A de Lorean with flux capacitor and folding wheels would save time!

Or even better a God Spray to clean the world of this shoite.

Good luck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I managed to register a few hours ago.

Hopefully, this isn't another failed project. I've registered several times at several places now.

I don't think it is. ????

Edited by Chris.B

20 minutes ago, skatewash said:
Vaccinations are available at MedPark hospital in Bangkok, including Pfizer. Details below...

Yahoo Mail - Covid-19 Vaccination for Expats at MedPark Hospital-page-001.jpg

Yahoo Mail - Covid-19 Vaccination for Expats at MedPark Hospital-page-002.jpg

Yahoo Mail - Covid-19 Vaccination for Expats at MedPark Hospital-page-003.jpg

Apparently, it works.  Someone reported the following

Just booked for Pfizer on 10 August, was just about the share the link.  Fingers crossed.

From the looks of it, appointments are in the morning from 3rd - 9th August for AZ / Sinovac then evenings from 10th for Pfizer

Edited by skatewash

23 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Has anyone mentioned the date of birth---(cant be bothered to read 13 pages)..... its current and to get your DOB you click it back..1 month at a time..... (unless someone is going to point out what an idiot I am) over 900 clicks to get back to the 1940s...........:w00t:

Click on the month and you can go back a year at time

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

......Double  Duh......????.......I knew I shouldn't have posted this,........ 

Some people just thought I was an idiot........Now I have removed any doubts

Not at all. None of these things are user-friendly.

Did you have success??

27 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

no ..... just double click on the year up top and it'll bring up years going way back ......  then select.

Edited by steven100

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

The MedPark Hospital is the 60 yrs and older only.  

The criteria are disjunctive not conjunctive as shown by the slash (/).

[Registration for government allocated free vaccine] for expatriates residing in Thailand who meet these 2 conditions - (1) have not received any COVID-19 vaccine and (2) are over the age of 60 / have underlying disease(s) / are over 12 weeks pregnant.

You don't have to be over 60, have underlying disease(s), and be over 12 weeks pregnant. ????  Any of those three will suffice.

3 minutes ago, skatewash said:

The criteria are disjunctive not conjunctive as shown by the slash (/).

You don't have to be over 60, have underlying disease(s), and be over 12 weeks pregnant. ????  Any of those three will suffice.

unless you have an underlying disease or your over 12 weeks pregnant ........   

you won't be eligible unless your over 60yrs of age.  

• Like 1

I did not read all the 13 pages, but just one simple question: Is a Thai Elite Visa holder qualified under this program if he is a vulnerable person ? They just speak of Migrant Workers, non-immigrant Visa Holders, Work Permission holders etc.

Maybe someone has completed the process successfully and remembers if he came across this question.

6 minutes ago, moogradod said:

I did not read all the 13 pages, but just one simple question: Is a Thai Elite Visa holder qualified under this program if he is a vulnerable person ? They just speak of Migrant Workers, non-immigrant Visa Holders, Work Permission holders etc.

Maybe someone has completed the process successfully and remembers if he came across this question.

Yes they qualify.

• Like 1

Successfully registered after several attempts, and it looks like I/we will be offered local appointments.

Re: DOB. Yes click (or double-click) on the year (middle bit) and you will see decades open up, making it easy (ier) to get back to the 40s/50s. 

To the person who said "I (you) must be an idiot --- no! As someone else has mentioned, it is not a very user-friendly site, so do not admonish yourself.

Re: The pics', I took them using my phone, then emailed them to myself, (so that I could deal with the rest of the fiasco on my PC) before downloading and saving them "as." I too had trouble getting 2 pics to appear side by side. Again, as a tech-savvy earlier respondent has mentioned, the method which I found success with was to "browse" to the relevant pics, before holding "control", then left clicking on the appropriate pics before releasing "control." When one then clicks on "open", both pics successfully appeared side by side and --- voila!

Good luck.

David.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Chris.B said:

Yes they qualify.

Interesting that STVs don't qualify but Elite Visas do as I thought both where varieties of Tourist Visas.  Glad if that's the case though as it seems anyone here should be able to get vaccinated without regard to visa status (as long as here legally) and they meet any prioritization requirements (age/health, etc.).

10 minutes ago, davidhen said:

Again, as a tech-savvy earlier respondent has mentioned, the method which I found success with was to "browse" to the relevant pics, before holding "control", then left clicking on the appropriate pics before releasing "control." When one then clicks on "open", both pics successfully appeared side by side and --- voila!

I didn't know we can select several pics at once. I tried to upload twice but the first one got deleted so I just edited the picture to place the passport and visa page side by side in one picture instead.

I hope they will accept that.

Nobody told us we must press the ctrl key first.

• Like 1