New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, nottin said:

I'm still waiting for emails for the two addresses I used. It's been at least an hour and a quarter now.

I'm guessing it will take a while. Because the automated email system broke, they will have to program something new that queries the database for email addresses that don't have the rest of the data fields full and send proper emails to all of them. 

21 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

You don't think that's asking too much of the programmers? These are programmers who have sinced added "dddd" to the header on various pages on the site, to confirm that their changes were uploaded. We're not talking about the best of the best here.

I like the way they wait until they get it into production before getting people to test the site.    Very efficient and saves a lot of wasted time the so called "professional programmers" invest in security, performance and unit testing before releasing a product.  

5 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Another complicated, kludgy, unsecure pre-registration site.

What happened to the simple one-page Google Form pre-registration sites.

You can't fix stupid. 

Maybe time to stop teaching it here?

Most hospitals and agencies here will not allow collected/stored data to rest on a server outside of the country. I assume that a Google form would fit this description. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Opening soon..... any good odds it is not open by 11.15?

It was working for me at 11:40 so I registered.

They want a copy of your passport and a copy of your visa, but the registration form only accepts 1 photo and not 2.

It accepted me with only the passport photo.

3 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

I assume it'll crash by 11:05 am.

Not correct. See my post above.

3 hours ago, djayz said:

I can see the headlines at about midday today: New site has been taken offline (or something to that effect). 

I for one won't be holding my breath... 

Still up at 12:50.

• Like 1

Just now, macnmotion said:

Most hospitals and agencies here will not allow collected/stored data to rest on a server outside of the country. I assume that a Google form would fit this description. 

All the hospitals here used a simple form (I assumed it was done on Google Forms, but that isn't a requirement) for pre-registrations on intervac.

Intervac used a simple form for the Bang Sue registrations two weeks ago.

The key takeaway is use a simple form, it's been done already.

7 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

I'm guessing it will take a while. Because the automated email system broke, they will have to program something new that queries the database for email addresses that don't have the rest of the data fields full and send proper emails to all of them. 

So are you saying that when you get the 'already in use' message for your email, there is no point in blindly trying repeatedly? Best just to wait till the 1) fix the records with incomplete data and 2) send out the email.

Thanks

9 minutes ago, tingtong said:

Not in bkk or neighbor provinces.

Not over age 60.

Not interested in Sinovac.

Not like to wait, but will wait.

Option 1 of 1 vaccine isn't a real option.

Does not matter where you live or what age. Could be AZ, so it could be worth registering. Can refuse appointment if not happy with vaccine offered.

I believe in miracles.

After trying with 6 emails and making a new one at protonmail...no joy.

Tried adding the "." eg.  [email protected] with no success, with my main email, yahoo, and gmail accounts.

Tried with [email protected] and - Voila! Success!

Filled the online form in with name, address and passport details. NOTE- Uploaded passport and original entry visa from a few years ago in one go.

Whole process "only" took 2hours and 50 minutes...

Off to buy a lottery ticket....

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 12.51.38.png

Screenshot 2021-08-01 at 12.52.35.png

Edited by RAZZELL
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I expect that if you have the '  email already been used ' message then it must have registered and then you will receive further info later in your email inbox. 

I wouldn't assume that. I think it might mean they are accessing databases where people have registered before and they are blocking. If that's the case they would be blocking many people that registered in black holes like intervac directly. It would also block people that should be blocked such as people that have already received their first dose elsewhere.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, internationalism said:

after just entering email address, which is the 1st step:

"

Registration for the FIRST dose
of the COVID-19 vaccination for foreign residents

Error (#476)

An internal server error occurred.

The above error occurred while the Web server was processing your request.

Please contact us if you think this is a server error. Thank you."

There is no email address or form to contact them.

When I have tried to register the second time, I was not allowed, because my email address was already taken.

The third attempt:

"This site can’t be reached

expatvac.consular.go.th unexpectedly closed the connection.

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED"

What time was that? It was OK for me at 11:40 and it is still up and open at 1:10 pm.

2 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

…… aaand it’s down ☹️

Actually it isn't down now. 

HONEST QUESTION, 

For the lucky lottery winners of the Pfizer Vaccine first dose, 

How and when will the winners get the 2nd Pfizer Dose? 

My imagination running wild, thinks the 2nd dose might not be available for an extended period unless there is another timely donation...

Edited by creative1000

4 minutes ago, billd766 said:

What time was that? It was OK for me at 11:40 and it is still up and open at 1:10 pm.

Actually it isn't down now. 

Thanks Bill, I , like many others, tried early doors and overwhelmed the site, just tried now and got my email.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

After 2 hours of slogging through this complete and utter BS, a couple of tips:

I initially tried Safari and Edge browsers, with multiple iterations of multiple email addresses - none worked.  Switched to Chrome with another email address and it instantly worked, got the email link.

USE THE CHROME BROWSER ONLY

Next, when filling out the data portion, the form asks for a a copy of your visa and passport - naturally I uploaded both (2 separate pics) but kept getting an error message despite multiple tries.  So, I deleted the visa pic and ONLY included the passport bio page, and I finally got the “registration successful” message

UPLOAD 1 PHOTO ONLY

I have nothing good to say about this process so will leave it at that.  Time for a few beers and to forget this whole thing ever happened.

Tried Brave and Chrome browsers with no joy.

Finally got registered using Brave and a protonmail email address with added "."

No problem selecting/uploading two pics at the same time. 

I've tried with  a second e-mail address after the first attempt ended with a #476 error message.  Same result with the second e-mail address:  #476 error. 

I am seriously doubting my choice of retirement locations and after visiting for a decade and another dozen years  as a retiree it may be time to get out of Dodge City?

Brothers and sisters have all been vaccinated with Pfizer with no fuss and bother back in the western world.  Some days the grief of getting simple things done in Thailand gets a bit tiresome.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodknock said:

went to register, main email says address invalid.

used 2nd email address said has already been taken.

any one have any ideas?

just another missleading govt. add?

Yes, go sit down, have a large beer, or glass of wine, read a good book and forget about it. 

9 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

HONEST QUESTION, 

For the lucky lottery winners of the Pfizer Vaccine first dose, 

How and when will the winners get the 2nd Pfizer Dose? 

My imagination running wild, thinks the 2nd dose might not be available for an extended period unless there is another timely donation...

In the inititial chart that the Thai Government published, they said that 150,000 doses were for 75,000 people, so it seems as though the plan at that time was to give everyone who was selected both doses. Your guess is as good as mine as to whether that will play out.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Twigtom said:

I managed to get on this new site at 11.10 am. Read through introduction

Click the first foreign residents box, then enter my email address, click next and receive an “error 476 internal server error”

When trying again to enter my email address I get the “email already taken”. So the internal server error logged something.

I tried with another email address and get the same result.

They say they contact you when all details are completed.

Has anyone managed to complete registration yet please?

Me