New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

5 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

That would be true, unless they are somehow using "time of completing the preregistration form" as an indicator of your place in line. I don't know how they will prioritize. If you want to keep trying to get through to the form, I guess there's no harm in that if you have the time. I can tell you that I searched all 3 of a friend's email address in the database (when the database was exposed) -- he got the "already taken" message for all three, and all three of the email addresses were already in the database. I'm fairly certain that he will eventually receive an email at each of those email addresses, but I have no idea what that delay will do to his place in line. This stuff is really life and death, please don't take my comment as a recommendation that might delay your access to a vaccine. I want everyone to be vaccinated as quickly as possible.

Thanks, have been trying with 3 emails but no luck. I take your point, this looked like I might actually get registered but not looking hopeful now. I will persevere.

• Like 2

Thank you to Anchadian HaoleBoy Andrew Dyer and other members putting me on the right track.

Changed my email address by adding a period and I received the email, completed the registration and got confirmation email.

Here’s to the next stage...cheers guys!

30 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wouldn't assume that. I think it might mean they are accessing databases where people have registered before and they are blocking. If that's the case they would be blocking many people that registered in black holes like intervac directly. It would also block people that should be blocked such as people that have already received their first dose elsewhere.

Based on what I saw today, they're not blocking as you suggest could be happening. During the 30 minute period when the database was open to the world, I searched all 3 email addresses a friend tried using (and got the "already taken" message for all three). All three of them were in the database, and assigned a Registration ID #. I believe that the programmers created a record for an individual when they entered their email address, and at that moment assigned a Registration ID #. I can confirm that the Registration ID # attached to my record in the database was included in the URL that was emailed to me to complete the online registration, and that the additional information I added to that registration form was included in my online record. I think it's pretty clear that their automated email component of this programming broke, but AFTER the initial record for the user was added to the database.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Twigtom said:

Thank you to Anchadian HaoleBoy Andrew Dyer and other members putting me on the right track.

Changed my email address by adding a period and I received the email, completed the registration and got confirmation email.

Here’s to the next stage...cheers guys!

YES !!

To those who have tried different emails and all received the “ already taken “ message try again putting a period (.) in your email address .

Worked for me, have now registered and waiting for the appointment slot email.

Where, when and what are still unknown but it is a start !!

47 minutes ago, billd766 said:

It was working for me at 11:40 so I registered.

They want a copy of your passport and a copy of your visa, but the registration form only accepts 1 photo and not 2.

It accepted me with only the passport photo.

Not correct. See my post above.

Still up at 12:50.

Damn site let me register.

Only got as far as the email.

When I try to reregister it says the email is taken.

I chuckled  to myself at the bottom threat  on the registration site.    It's even in RED!

So if I provided any false information  I'm told I wont' be able to register on a vaccination site and will be  relegated to  spreading the virus among  both expats and Thai citizens as a punishment.

I'm disappointed the site wasn't made  so that it was as simple as possible.     It was only by happenstance i uploaded both images, passport front page and visa  page,  simultaneously.    Unfortunately the  website constructor didn't think to provide instructions to do so.

I never  did do the  birthdate.   I asked the Thai wife to do it as she has more patience  for such things.

I just figure it's another brick in the wall of not making a COVID-19 vaccination easily accessible for  expats.

Please bring on a walk up  and pay for an immediate vaccination at a private hospital or clinic.

threat.png.9daf0ba5a2faa9096371003c91a8c323.png

Edited by In Full Agreement
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Saltire said:

Thanks, have been trying with 3 emails but no luck. I take your point, this looked like I might actually get registered but not looking hopeful now. I will persevere.

Try again by putting a period (.) in your email address, it worked for me.

Finally, after umpteen goes, creating a new gmail address, registration successful. 

My Thai wife is even more distrustful of the Thai authorities and systems than I am and insists angrily that tomorrow we go to the over 75 walk-in at Bang Sue in the morning anyway so it'll be whichever comes first I suppose!

29 minutes ago, TimBKK said:

After 2 hours of slogging through this complete and utter BS, a couple of tips:

I initially tried Safari and Edge browsers, with multiple iterations of multiple email addresses - none worked.  Switched to Chrome with another email address and it instantly worked, got the email link.

USE THE CHROME BROWSER ONLY

Next, when filling out the data portion, the form asks for a a copy of your visa and passport - naturally I uploaded both (2 separate pics) but kept getting an error message despite multiple tries.  So, I deleted the visa pic and ONLY included the passport bio page, and I finally got the “registration successful” message

UPLOAD 1 PHOTO ONLY

I have nothing good to say about this process so will leave it at that.  Time for a few beers and to forget this whole thing ever happened.

Well it seems to have worked for me, and I use the Opera browser with free VPN that says I am in Amsterdam.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Only interested in Pfizer or Moderna. Until they specifically allow that option, going to wait. No interest in the Sinojunk. Would rather drink more water. 

My thoughts exactly.  I refuse to get myself bent out of shape by this shambles.  It will be what it will be, or it won't be at all.  I already jump through far too many ridiculous hoops in this place, this is one more,  dreamed up by some idiot or other. 

Edited by Doctor Tom
  • Thanks 1

OMG! Again a very simple registration system that does not work smoothly.

It is SO easy to make systems like these. I would even offer to do it for FREE, if they need help. But I guess they do not.

Such a waste of time and frustration, when something like this does not just work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

Done with this now.  I will go do something useful for the day.  I am totally convinced that I will not get near a vaccination in this shambolic place until at least Spring next year. 

So you reckon you might get a jab by Spring 2565 if you're lucky? More likely 2565 A.D than 2565 B.E. I fear, though! At least that's what I'm banking on for myself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OJAS said:

So you reckon you might get a jab by Spring 2565 if you're lucky? More likely 2565 A.D than 2565 B.E. I fear, though! At least that's what I'm banking on for myself.

Heading back to the US, for myself and my wife. Hopefully within 4-6 months. But, only after quarantine is scrapped here. 

Free jabs of Moderna or Pfizer, with free covid tests and no appointment required, nor any wait times. Exactly how it should be here. 

3 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Why does Thailand have such a hard time with relatively simple web design and function? We see this over and over again. 

Do they ever do beta testing, of any sort? 

I've always thought it's because they find someone who says they can do it within the department, instead of hiring a qualified developer externally. Little fiefdoms all the way.

Edited by fondue zoo

2 hours ago, macnmotion said:

I got all the way through submitting my form and passport/visa photos and got that same server error, however I refreshed and resubmitted the form data and got a success page. Who knows. Of course I do not fit into any of age/underlying conditions so I'm sure I won't get one anyway.

Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 11.09.21.png

How did you manage to input 2 images into the box provided ?? I had the 2 on my tablet but it would only take one & the other kept disappearing, so in the end they only got the photo/info page from my passport and not my retirement extension.

• Like 1

Just now, Golden Triangle said:

How did you manage to input 2 images into the box provided ?? I had the 2 on my tablet but it would only take one & the other kept disappearing, so in the end they only got the photo/info page from my passport and not my retirement extension.

Same for me on my iPhone but it worked and registration went through, got the confirmation email.

5 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Why does Thailand have such a hard time with relatively simple web design and function? We see this over and over again. 

Do they ever do beta testing, of any sort? 

2 minutes ago, fondue zoo said:

I've always thought it's because they find someone who says they can do it within the department, instead of hiring a qualified developer externally. Little fiefdoms all the way.

This is also true -- many organizations refuse to bring in hired technical help if they have an internal department who can "complete the job."

16 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Try again by putting a period (.) in your email address, it worked for me.

I tried putting a full-stop (assuming that is what you mean by "period") both before and after my email address, only then to be informed in each case that it wasn't valid!????

2 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I was not on a tablet. On my computer, I was able to select both images at the same time whent he attachment dialog opened. But first, adding one at a time, I had the same experience as you. I considered combining the two images into one, however that wasn't necessary after I discovered I could select multiple images to upload at the same time.

2 hours ago, klauskunkel said:

Seems the site is life now. Just clicked on "Foreign Residents", and it asks me to in put my email address, aaaand: Email address is invalid.

I knew this was going to be exciting stuff..., my Sunday entertainment has arrived!

If you are using an iPhone do NOT use autofill.

> New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

> By Jonathan Fairfield,  5 hours ago

I didn't doubt for a second that it would break and/or expose all registered emails, but I was a bit surprised that it happened in less than 5 hours.

I think it is the record, most other "vaccine registration websites" lasted longer.

Edited by fdsa

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

You need to be using a device that allows you to browse and select more than one image and then hit upload.

• Like 1