New vaccine registration website for foreigners in Thailand opens Aug 1

Jonathan Fairfield

7 minutes ago, rabas said:

What time, how many minutes  exactly after 11:00 did you register? Was it only early birds that could get through? Or is it just random.

Thanks.

About 11-25 I think

But I am sure it is as useful as a chocolate teapot

12 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Can I ask your age?

My 42 year old wife had her email address accepted and received the registration form but it refused to accept her application although all the details are correct.

I am assuming it is because she is under 60?

I tried to enter my email address and it tells me that my email address is not a valid address!!

I am under 60yo

It accepted me

But as I say - snowball in hell, chocolate teapot...

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

After 3 rejections at 11:00, 11:10, 11:15,  I got through around 11:30 with a 4th email address...

I think it is random.

keep trying and use the gmail trick - add a period inside your email address to use it again.
[email protected] = [email protected] = [email protected] etc etc

Yes, it burns through email address like crazy. I got it on the 6th time and hotmail address.

Make sure to use real address, because once its accepted, they send you a link to complete registration.

Use Chrome browser, others do not seem to work at all.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

ok I got through finally after 20 tries....

Tip #1....

You can reuse your gmail account by placing a period "." anywhere in your name
[email protected] is the same as [email protected] is the same as [email protected]

#2. If successful the website will email a unique link to you

#3. Click the link in the email to fill out form.

#4 Must upload Photo of passport + visa. The app did not allow uploading 1 photo at a time. Must upload both photos at the same time.

#5. Finish the registration, but get errror message. Hit back button and it shows success.  Also, reclick the same link in the email again,  it will show a successful registration is completed.

1849301304_ScreenShot2021-08-01at11_42_30AM.thumb.png.59f4ecb1502e7640e5521036326af7c4.png

There is no need for any of this. I've confirmed (by searching the insecure database when it was open to the world) that all email addresses were captured, even if it said it was already used. They will likely send out emails to all the email addresses that don't also contain the rest of the form information with links to complete the form. That is if they can figure out how to query the database for the correct records LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BestB said:

Yes, it burns through email address like crazy. I got it on the 6th time and hotmail address.

Make sure to use real address, because once its accepted, they send you a link to complete registration.

Use Chrome browser, others do not seem to work at all.

They are experiencing delays sending out the link emails now.

First attempt I was told that the email address I've been using for 20 years is "invalid". Tried again with a different address and got the following: 

Screenshot_20210801-120753.png

16 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Can I ask your age?

My 42 year old wife had her email address accepted and received the registration form but it refused to accept her application although all the details are correct.

I am assuming it is because she is under 60?

I tried to enter my email address and it tells me that my email address is not a valid address!!

Nothing to do with age, go back to check all the info is correct

Some sections to look at

Address, it asks for your address as registered with immigration, but entering house or unit number is not accepted, need to put condo name or village name

Birthdate. entering manually does not get accepted, need to scroll through to get down to your year, month and date

Illnesses, make sure its ticked no, otherwise have to attach medical certificate

Make sure to have 2 pics, visa and passport

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

There is no need for any of this. I've confirmed (by searching the insecure database when it was open to the world) that all email addresses were captured, even if it said it was already used. They will likely send out emails to all the email addresses that don't also contain the rest of the form information with links to complete the form. That is if they can figure out how to query the database for the correct records LOL

A simple pop up to the effect of “ your email address has been registered please wait for an email “ would have stopped a lot of blood pressure rises and dog being kicked I think .

• Like 1

So after half a dozen attempts to complete the registration form and getting an error message stating the data could not be verified and then giving up, my wife gets an email saying Registration Successful. Appointment will be confirmed later....watch this space.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

13 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

There is no need for any of this.

There might be a need for this IF this is first-come first served, ie who ever completes today is first in line. Not sure if the powers that be, will prioritize the completed-registration date-timestap,  or honor email registered date-timestamp.

After people receive their emails from the glitch tonight,  their completion date-stamp might show up as last in line. No idea how this will play out, honestly...but there were some gov't handouts + travel promotions that used first-come, first-served methodology..

Edited by creative1000

5 minutes ago, BestB said:

Nothing to do with age, go back to check all the info is correct

Some sections to look at

Address, it asks for your address as registered with immigration, but entering house or unit number is not accepted, need to put condo name or village name

Birthdate. entering manually does not get accepted, need to scroll through to get down to your year, month and date

Illnesses, make sure its ticked no, otherwise have to attach medical certificate

Make sure to have 2 pics, visa and passport

Yes, all correct.

But after half a dozen failed attempts (data cannot be verified) and giving up she received a Registration Successful email anyway.

8 minutes ago, creative1000 said:

There might be a need for this IF this is first-come first served, ie who ever completes today is first in line. Not sure if the powers that be, will prioritize the completed-registration date-timestap,  or honor email registered date-timestamp.

After people receive their emails from the glitch tonight,  their completion date-stamp might show up as last in line. No idea how this will play out, honestly...but there were some gov't handouts + travel promotions that used first-come, first-served methodology..

Fair enough. I don't know what their policy will be. However, during the process I went through they did call this a preregistration, which seems to indicate to me that a timestamp here will not be important. They've also updated their page saying that [sic]"Due to high number of registration, your confirmation email may be delayed" -- they're very aware that they've collected tens of thousands of email address that were not able to complete the form, so perhaps they won't rely on a timestamp because of this programming error on their part.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, macnmotion said:

Fair enough. I don't know what their policy will be. However, during the process I went through they did call this a preregistration, which seems to indicate to me that a timestamp here will not be important. They've also updated their page saying that [sic]"Due to high number of registration, your confirmation email may be delayed" -- they're very aware that they've collected tens of thousands of email address that were not able to complete the form, so perhaps they won't rely on a timestamp because of this programming error on their part.

They also don't have thousands of doses for foreigners.

I'm sure of this.

Another complicated, kludgy, unsecure pre-registration site.

What happened to the simple one-page Google Form pre-registration sites.

You can't fix stupid. 

Maybe time to stop teaching it here?

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1